Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Randy Edsall out at UCONN.
    He's getting his full salary too.

Leave a comment:

• shipfbfan1
    replied
    Up next should be Rod Carey after that pitiful showing at Rutgers last Saturday. If they lose or struggle to defeat Akron this Saturday just send him and his OC/DC on the next greyhound bus back to Illinois,...

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Heinz Field only let in 33% occupancy today. Lol. Just kidding. Looks like Pitt filled about 1/3 of it.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Heinz Field only let in 33% occupancy today. Lol. Just kidding. Looks like Pitt filled about 1/3 of it.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Que the Yinzers ... "let's tear down half of Forbes Ave and get our own stadium back ..."
    That's the hottest area in the city right now for real estate. It would cost $100MM just for land acquisition to build a $60-80MM stadium.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

It sounds odd but is a recent trend in FBS football fundraising. I'm impressed that Pitt attracted such a substantial donation for football.

Que the Yinzers ... "let's tear down half of Forbes Ave and get our own stadium back ..."

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

The talk is all about how they named the head coaching position after the guy, which definitely sounds odd.
    It sounds odd but is a recent trend in FBS football fundraising. I'm impressed that Pitt attracted such a substantial donation for football.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Pitt football gets a $20 million donation. Surprisingly I haven't seen any Pittwits griping that it should have gone toward a stadium.
    The talk is all about how they named the head coaching position after the guy, which definitely sounds odd.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Pitt football gets a $20 million donation. Surprisingly I haven't seen any Pittwits griping that it should have gone toward a stadium.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Ohio State's QB just signed a deal for $1.4 million.

Not a bad college job.

Imagine that at 19 years old.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Texas and Oklahoma make it official. I admittedly have read nothing on this - what do they stand to gain? It certainly doesn't appear Missouri or Texas A&M gained anything from their move other than money. But this also spreads the money thinner than before.
    Word on the (internet) street is that OU and Texas may not be the only ones poached by the mighty SEC. There is a buzz circulating they want to be a 20-team super conference.

As for Texas and OU, it must be money. They way they both get hammered by SEC teams on the field ... makes you wonder.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Texas and Oklahoma make it official. I admittedly have read nothing on this - what do they stand to gain? It certainly doesn't appear Missouri or Texas A&M gained anything from their move other than money. But this also spreads the money thinner than before.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    The Big Ten might have to put their ego and wish list aside. It's going to be a race to see who pulls the trigger next between the ACC or Big Ten. One of these conferences will eventually die, and it's looking like that will be the Big 12. Notre Dame isn't going to join the ACC until they absolutely have to. And the reports right now are that ND's more comfortable with being independent now than the were before last season. There's contractual obligations for ND with the ACC that run until 2036. The only league that they can join until AFTER 2036 is the ACC. Currently, there's no indication they have any interest. In fact, they have as much said that they aren't. I would love for ND to join the league as a full member, but people aren't accurately reporting what ND has said on this matter.

Too many of these schools have egos (big surprise). Rumors have swirled that Texas A&M would consider leaving the SEC considering this Texas/OU move and that they might be a candidate for the ACC. Reports talk about about GT, UNC, and/or UVA leaving the ACC for the Big Ten. Talk of a school like UCF joining the ACC, according to reports, will piss off Florida State, and they would be open to joining the SEC.

WVU is a tremendous geographic fit for the ACC. There's likely mutual interest. However, I think that is, by comparison, a minor move in this arms race. The Pac 12 is in a tough spot given their location. I could see those Texas schools landing in that league.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

I'd love to see WVU join the ACC ... such a better fit.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X