X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

LOL. Too bad Division II can't get in on that. The $475k would be about half of Ship's football budget. And it wasn't that long ago Ship was playing the C.W. Post campus of Long Island U.
    We used to - but it was the other way around where we were the "buy a win" game for an FCS program. A bunch of West teams would play YSU one at a time and get $75-100k. It was close a few times, too. But then the tides turned and FBS started buying their games when they expanded to a 12 game schedule.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Recent FCS payouts from FBS games:

Robert Morris: $400k from Central Michigan
    Duquesne: $275k from Ohio
    Long Island: $475k from West Virginia
    LOL. Too bad Division II can't get in on that. The $475k would be about half of Ship's football budget. And it wasn't that long ago Ship was playing the C.W. Post campus of Long Island U.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Recent FCS payouts from FBS games:

Robert Morris: $400k from Central Michigan
    Duquesne: $275k from Ohio
    Long Island: $475k from West Virginia

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

After that debacle Nuz may very well go back onto the hot seat. Meanwhile further south Big 12 member (who wants an ACC invite) WVU in a packed stadium upset #15 V-Tech.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Hail to Pitt ... W T F
    Has the dude who donated the $20 million asked for it back yet?

Leave a comment:

• shipfbfan1
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Losing to a MAC team at home. Oh my.
    After that debacle Nuz may very well go back onto the hot seat. Meanwhile further south Big 12 member (who wants an ACC invite) WVU in a packed stadium upset #15 V-Tech.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Hail to Pitt ... W T F
    Losing to a MAC team at home. Oh my.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Hail to Pitt ... W T F

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Cheapest ticket you can but for Auburn at Penn State is currently at $175 on Stubhub.

Gonna be a wild day in Happy Valley.

Leave a comment:

• shipfbfan1
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Yea I really don't get why they would transfer unless it was clear they were going to play. The guy from Edinboro, an OL, I believe someone mentioned he was starting for Toledo.
    I think Winston wanted to increase his draft profile by playing up a level but IMO he could have gone to a G5 school and if not been a starting WR on the outside a regular slot WR for a G5 or top 10 FCS program. Headen leaving really confuses me, he had average slot WR stats at the D2 level so jumping up to a FBS program makes little sense. At least Chaney stayed D2 and found a home where he can compete for a regional title....

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Former Edinboro OL Vitaliy Gurman grad transferred to Toledo with 2 years of eligibility. He played a bit last year and is starting this year. Notre Dame writers were gushing over him.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
    Any PSAC guys who entered the portal and left for FCS/FBS or "better D2 programs" having success in their new homes. Did a quick search and Ship's Winston Eubanks who did the PWO thing at Penn State made the traveling roster in Week 1 and played in a handful of offensive snaps at Wisconsin but didn't play in the home game against Ball State. Charles Headen who left ship for SMU with a PWO in hand also played in week 1 but recorded no stats against FCS ACU but didn't play in Week 2 a win over North Texas. John Chaney III who left for Shepherd has settled into the DB rotation earning a start so his move I guess has paid off thus far.
    Yea I really don't get why they would transfer unless it was clear they were going to play. The guy from Edinboro, an OL, I believe someone mentioned he was starting for Toledo.

Leave a comment:

• shipfbfan1
    replied
    Any PSAC guys who entered the portal and left for FCS/FBS or "better D2 programs" having success in their new homes. Did a quick search and Ship's Winston Eubanks who did the PWO thing at Penn State made the traveling roster in Week 1 and played in a handful of offensive snaps at Wisconsin but didn't play in the home game against Ball State. Charles Headen who left ship for SMU with a PWO in hand also played in week 1 but recorded no stats against FCS ACU but didn't play in Week 2 a win over North Texas. John Chaney III who left for Shepherd has settled into the DB rotation earning a start so his move I guess has paid off thus far.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

They were pretty good a few times in that span. But let's not confuse HUGE fan base with on field success.
    Equals over rated!!!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X