Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Miami TE won appeal ... will return for his 9th season of college football.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Justin Lustig is a great guy and his wife is a gem. He's making some nice salary but I can't say I would do this to my kids: in their lifetimes they've lived in Louisiana, Illinois, Indiana, Pennsylvania, New York, Tennessee and now back to Pennsylvania. He personally had a stop in Virginia at the beginning.
    Hopefully he can help James Tenandtwo win big games..

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

My wife won't even consider moving within our school district lol
    I hear ya there, my wife got me out of coaching because she wasn't ever going with me lol.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Justin Lustig is a great guy and his wife is a gem. He's making some nice salary but I can't say I would do this to my kids: in their lifetimes they've lived in Louisiana, Illinois, Indiana, Pennsylvania, New York, Tennessee and now back to Pennsylvania. He personally had a stop in Virginia at the beginning.
    Seems like a great gig for him (and PSU). It's a homecoming for him because he is from PA, went to college in PA, coached in PA. I don't know how old his kids are but State College is a great HS, academically, athletically, and socially. There are a lot of kids whose families have transient backgrounds. They will likely make the transition just fine.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Vagabond lifestyle, incredibly difficult for the kids. I can't imagine putting my kids through that either.
    My wife won't even consider moving within our school district lol

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

Vagabond lifestyle, incredibly difficult for the kids. I can't imagine putting my kids through that either.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Can’t be any worse than their East Dennyburg HC…

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Penn State set to hire former Edinboro head coach Justin Lustig as STC. Hopefully goes better than the last former Boro coach they hired.
    Can’t be any worse than their East Dennyburg HC…

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Penn State set to hire former Edinboro head coach Justin Lustig as STC. Hopefully goes better than the last former Boro coach they hired.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Alabama is a state represented in the U.S. Senate by Tommy Tuberville. Think about that.
    Yep. It’s a third world cesspool.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Claude Gilbert, a former player and later the Head Coach at my alma mater San Jose State died last week. He was 91 years old. Prior to San Jose State he was the Head Coach at San Diego State. He was a nice man and a great coach. I wish his family well. Rest in peace Coach Gilbert.

​​​​​​https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Gilbert
    Last edited by crixus; 01-14-2024, 12:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

It's very possible this was in the works and Alabama was doing its due diligence before Saban announced. But Alabama is actually run by its secret society, The Machine (not Bert Kreischer). They call the shots and act like a shadow council of trustees. If you defy their wishes, you're asked to resign or your contract isn't renewed. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a Machine pick and they presented everything, contract terms and all, within hours of Saban going public.
    I think it’s quite possible this is what happened.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Ray Perkins had that honor bring the first after Bryant. Stalking had that one “title” in 92. Alabamastan was in shambles when Saban was hired. They were apart brand at the time.

NIL and the transfer portal hastened his retirement. He can’t collect all the best players anymore.
    Roll

Damn

Tide

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

The guy had a pretty good gig at Washington. I know they probably waved the big bucks at him in Alabama, but I wouldn't love to be the one following Saban there. The coaches who immediately followed Bear Bryant did not have an easy time of it. You certainly can't accuse him of backing away from a challenge.
    Ray Perkins had that honor bring the first after Bryant. Stalking had that one “title” in 92. Alabamastan was in shambles when Saban was hired. They were apart brand at the time.

NIL and the transfer portal hastened his retirement. He can’t collect all the best players anymore.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I would have thought that the job would've had to be posted in a similar way to how a coaching job at a PASSHE school would be posted, but Alabama laws could be very different compared to Pennsylvania. (For context: Iowa's offensive coordinator's job had to be publicly posted like any other UofIowa job due to state law.)
    Alabama is a state represented in the U.S. Senate by Tommy Tuberville. Think about that.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X