Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pa fall sports expected to start on time.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

LOL absolutely not. Both political parties are a joke. Trump is an embarrassment. I have better things to do, like clip my toenails and mow the lawn than watch that horse****.
    Lol

Comment

• A large WPIAL school hit COVID problems. Kiski Area has shut down football for 14 days -- cancelling its scrimmage and Week 1 game.

Comment

• Looks like PA has caved on spectators.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Looks like PA has caved on spectators.
          I'm not sure this is a good idea. Next the marching band and cheerleaders will make a case for being there. Followed soon after by their parents. Stream the games. Mom and dad can watch at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I'm not sure this is a good idea. Next the marching band and cheerleaders will make a case for being there. Followed soon after by their parents. Stream the games. Mom and dad can watch at home.
            Mom and Dad went ballistic to the point they got them to cave. I fully intend on going to several high school games. Keep some distance, don't lick the urinal, etc. All should be OK so long as people aren't stooges.

Makes you wonder now if Pitt and the Yinzers (and Allegheny County) will have a change of tune. Keeping Heinz Field locked up is some serious lost revenue.

Comment

Mom and Dad went ballistic to the point they got them to cave. I fully intend on going to several high school games. Keep some distance, don't lick the urinal, etc. All should be OK so long as people aren't stooges.

Makes you wonder now if Pitt and the Yinzers (and Allegheny County) will have a change of tune. Keeping Heinz Field locked up is some serious lost revenue.
              The Steelers make good money on games but the real winner is the city & county from parking & tax revenue. The Steelers can probably operate based just on broadcast & national revenue sharing. The people who get hurt are those who were gameday staff and the young professionals selling ticket packages.

Comment

Looks like PA has caved on spectators.
                This was an absolute nothingburger. Wolf said 25 and 250 before. He said 25 and 250 now. And he would still, if asked, say it's his suggestion that no sports be played until Jan. 1.

I'm beginning to think he had this in mind from the word go, knowing the numbers he established would make it damn near impossible to pull this off. Think about playing a girls' volleyball varsity match with 25 people in the gym.

And ... I'm tiring real quick about the parents whining to get into the stands. It is not about them.

Our answer? One guy lives within shouting distance of the stadium. He's going to bring his big screen into the driveway, and we're going to have a nice, socially-distanced watch party with the local streaming.
                Last edited by jrshooter; 09-04-2020, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                  And ... I'm tiring real quick about the parents whining to get into the stands. It is not about them.
                  Unless something has changed since I last attended a PIAA football game, yeah it really is, in too many cases, about "GLORY DAYS" !!

Comment

• Comment

• The question, of course, remains how strictly that's going to be enforced. Because you know there will be many areas with low cases, and they're going to push the issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                        The question, of course, remains how strictly that's going to be enforced. Because you know there will be many areas with low cases, and they're going to push the issue.
                        Some of these hypocritical restrictions are boardering on lunacy.

For instance letting kids play a full contact sport yet not allowing 500 people in to an outdoor stadium that seats 5,000. Somehow one is deemed OK but the other isn't.

Comment

Some of these hypocritical restrictions are boardering on lunacy.

For instance letting kids play a full contact sport yet not allowing 500 people in to an outdoor stadium that seats 5,000. Somehow one is deemed OK but the other isn't.
                          There does seem to be a gap in logic, doesn't there.

Comment

• Hate to say it but I think the worst part of this virus is going to be the long term effects. I think that the cases we know about already should be getting more attention. They are seeing cases of liver damage, kidney damage, heart damage, even brain damage. It is not yet known how the virus attacks cells throughout a person's body but it invades the nervous system, muscles, virtually all parts of the body. It is extraordinarily invasive.

It's a virus. We don't know much about it. I heard Dr. Fauci talking about the way AIDS virus attacked the body. He also made the example of chickenpox, which is a virus, resurfaces decades later in the form of shingles. At this point, we don't know what COVID-19 is going to do long term.

HS football is not really an economic activity Ok, maybe it brings in some $$ but it isn't somebody's job or livelihood. Not even for the HC. I don't think it's worth it. Not now, anyway.

Comment

• After the judge's ruling several WPIAL schools are going to open the gates tomorrow night.

Comment

After the judge's ruling several WPIAL schools are going to open the gates tomorrow night.
                                That's bound to happen. And not just for football games. I think the judge's ruling is very dangerous and I'm appalled by it.

Hey, I ain't no constitutional scholar but as far as what is deemed constitutional or not is open for discussion. Don't forget that when the KKK marches and/or assembles it is constitutional.

I have to think that the ruling will be appealed. In the meantime, it creates a mess in PA.

Just seems to me that if it's 1st amendment rights versus public health, public health should win. Anything else is just stupid, IMHO.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X