Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pa fall sports expected to start on time.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

It's better than no film for the fringe collegiate guys who have aspirations to play in college. Gives them one more year of development in their maturing bodies to show what they have now. Plenty of growth spurts happen in High school where a guy who was too small at first all of a sudden becomes a much different player. Happened to me, and if I didn't have my senior year I doubt football would have been in the cards for me at all.

I think its nice to try and make the effort no matter how many games there is. In addition to the kids that will never play this sport again, I'd like to have a little bit of closure with the sport before its just taken away from me.
    Also a lot of non-D1's recruit all or a signifigant part of their class based on senior performance and senior film. Absent Senior year film, they are going to be recruting based on Junior film which may not reflect their current size/weight/ability.

Annnndddd...For HS players who fall below the college cutoff (either because of grades or ability), this is their last time strapping on the pads. Culmination of somthing they have been doing for over half of their lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

No redshirts in high school. Five games is better than no games.

Most WPIAL teams are playing 7-8 games in the regular season.
      You mean they're PLANNING on playing 7-8 games...

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Can they do anything else? We're all planning to be alive tomorrow, too.

Comment

You must be a thrill to hang out with. Doom and gloom at every post.

Comment

I'm keeping it real...You can ignore 180,000 deaths, but I choose not to...Ignoring it won't "make it go away" either...

Comment

I'm keeping it real...You can ignore 180,000 deaths, but I choose not to...Ignoring it won't "make it go away" either...
              Nobody is ignoring it there boomer. "keeping it real" lol

Comment

Nobody is ignoring it there boomer. "keeping it real" lol
                Actually I'm a Gen X-er. Missed being a Boomer by one year...FOR REAL!!!!

Comment

• Philly Public Schools decided to cancel fall sports 2 weeks ago in favor of possibly having a spring season. The Philly Catholic League (St. Joes Prep, LaSalle, Neumann Gorretti) yesterday decided to follow the Philly Public League and try to have a spring season as well. However La Salle College has put out feelers to have a fall season even if it's abbreviated and are looking for games for their seniors to get footage for recruits and also contend for a state title. I'm hearing St. Joes Prep is exploring the same thing. They're the big PCL schools here who have the alumni financial backing to pull something of this magnitude off.

Comment

Quick story for you.

The high school games I go to are at a community park where the home team enters the field through the end zone. Before busting the banner, they do meet-and-greet with the community old-timers who watch from lawn chairs in the end zone.

I was there for the first home game last year, and one of the seniors came up to shake the hand of the guy next to me.

The guy said, "You ready?"

The kid said, "Ready? I've been preparing for tonight for seven years. I don't get another chance to do this."

--------

That's why keeping it real sometimes goes wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Quick story for you.

The high school games I go to are at a community park where the home team enters the field through the end zone. Before busting the banner, they do meet-and-greet with the community old-timers who watch from lawn chairs in the end zone.

I was there for the first home game last year, and one of the seniors came up to shake the hand of the guy next to me.

The guy said, "You ready?"

The kid said, "Ready? I've been preparing for tonight for seven years. I don't get another chance to do this."

--------

That's why keeping it real sometimes goes wrong.

Let me tell you another story. My son had June 7th as his wedding date and couldn't have the big wedding he and his wife had planned. We didn't go to Harrisburg with pitchforks and torches. We adapted. They got over it. Big days on life don't come much bigger than your wedding day. I feel horrible for kids who are missing out on the chance to play a game they love, but in reality that's all it is. A game they love. Life happens, and sometimes it isn't pretty...Hope that story is REAL enough for you...

Comment

Let me tell you another story. My son had June 7th as his wedding date and couldn't have the big wedding he and his wife had planned. We didn't go to Harrisburg with pitchforks and torches. We adapted. They got over it. Big days on life don't come much bigger than your wedding day. I feel horrible for kids who are missing out on the chance to play a game they love, but in reality that's all it is. A game they love. Life happens, and sometimes it isn't pretty...Hope that story is REAL enough for you...
                        I don't know. It might have come out a little different if anything you'd said in the previous pages indicate that you "feel horrible for kids who are missing out ..."

Then again, it's looking more every day like our kids WON'T have to miss out. So it might be a moot point.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I don't know. It might have come out a little different if anything you'd said in the previous pages indicate that you "feel horrible for kids who are missing out ..."

Then again, it's looking more every day like our kids WON'T have to miss out. So it might be a moot point.
                          High school football will happen this fall. It's already started in several other states.

High school has a shot to make it. College has no chance in my opinion. Kids that age, by and large, are just too difficult to control. You aren't keeping 18-22 year-old young men away from the ladies and parties. No chance. Hope it works but I'd bet on high school any day over college.

Comment

• Agreed.

Comment

You are watching the RNC right?

Everything is doom and gloom if Biden wins according to them. I guess it is okay to be doom and gloom if you are a Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

You are watching the RNC right?

Everything is doom and gloom if Biden wins according to them. I guess it is okay to be doom and gloom if you are a Republican.
                                LOL absolutely not. Both political parties are a joke. Trump is an embarrassment. I have better things to do, like clip my toenails and mow the lawn than watch that horse****.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X