Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pa fall sports expected to start on time.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

What's amazing is every Little League field around is packed nightly without a mask in site -- players, fans, coaches. It's comical so much attention is being paid to college sports but nobody seems to give a rats a$$ about youth sports. It's a free-for-all. The complex in Indiana is packed nightly. I do understand Indiana is a 'rural' town and pretty lax on the Covid-19 topic (among the locals).

Comment

• What can we do with people? Reminds me of those who don't care: "Are there no prisons?" "And the Union workhouses?" "Are they still in operation?" ." "The Treadmill and the Poor Law are in full vigour, then?" "If they would rather die, they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Comment

• Big "Let our kids play" rally in Harrisburg today.

Comment

Big "Let our kids play" rally in Harrisburg today.
          Some people shouldn't have kids...

Comment

• Falls sports is a go for the high school virus vessels.

I give it a month of play before they shut it down.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
              Falls sports is a go for the high school virus vessels.

I give it a month of play before they shut it down.
              We said that about pro sports, too.

Comment

• The vote in favor to play wasn't even close (25 to 5).

Comment

The vote in favor to play wasn't even close (25 to 5).
                  I'd like to know how each board member voted.

Comment

We said that about pro sports, too.

Comment

• I know predicting the worst-case scenario can be an enjoyable pastime, but there's every possibility you're going to have to be disgusted over high school football this season unless your school boards step in.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I know predicting the worst-case scenario can be an enjoyable pastime, but there's every possibility you're going to have to be disgusted over high school football this season unless your school boards step in.
                        I don't think it's like that. People don't want bad things to happen.

The fact is that what Nation is saying is reality-based. People have tried to open up countless activities all over the country only to see it not work out.

It's possible because a lot of places in central and western PA have low infection rates that it comes off without a hitch, I guess. But I wouldn't put my money on that.

Bringing people together from different communities on this scale could very well spread the virus in places where it wasn't before. And if somebody in these PA towns gets sick and dies as a result it's going to really hurt because everybody in the community will know them.

We can check back in on this in a month or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I know predicting the worst-case scenario can be an enjoyable pastime, but there's every possibility you're going to have to be disgusted over high school football this season unless your school boards step in.

Comment

• What I'd like to know is...Our local schools are planning on a 5-game football schedule, beginning October 2nd. No mention of playoffs or State Championship...So What's the point?! Getting Seniors on film to showcase to colleges?! A 5-game season with no playoffs is almost as useless as t*ts on a bull...

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

What I'd like to know is...Our local schools are planning on a 5-game football schedule, beginning October 2nd. No mention of playoffs or State Championship...So What's the point?! Getting Seniors on film to showcase to colleges?! A 5-game season with no playoffs is almost as useless as t*ts on a bull...
                              It's better than no film for the fringe collegiate guys who have aspirations to play in college. Gives them one more year of development in their maturing bodies to show what they have now. Plenty of growth spurts happen in High school where a guy who was too small at first all of a sudden becomes a much different player. Happened to me, and if I didn't have my senior year I doubt football would have been in the cards for me at all.

I think its nice to try and make the effort no matter how many games there is. In addition to the kids that will never play this sport again, I'd like to have a little bit of closure with the sport before its just taken away from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

It's better than no film for the fringe collegiate guys who have aspirations to play in college. Gives them one more year of development in their maturing bodies to show what they have now. Plenty of growth spurts happen in High school where a guy who was too small at first all of a sudden becomes a much different player. Happened to me, and if I didn't have my senior year I doubt football would have been in the cards for me at all.

I think its nice to try and make the effort no matter how many games there is. In addition to the kids that will never play this sport again, I'd like to have a little bit of closure with the sport before its just taken away from me.
                                No redshirts in high school. Five games is better than no games.

Most WPIAL teams are playing 7-8 games in the regular season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X