X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bart
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

For the hundredth time, he never played a SNAP AT BLOOMSBURG! I was RIGHT and ShoNuff was WRONG! END OF STORY!
    He may have walked on the football team, but he did transfer his credits to IUP and should be in entering his sixth year of college.

Leave a comment:

• IUP PSAC Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post

[

Carter was in the 2017 recruiting class at Bloom. Qashah Carter (5-6, 155, WR) - Philadelphia, Pa. / Simon Gratz
    2016 First Team All-Philadelphia Public League ... 2016 Second Team All-City ... 2016 Honorable Mention District 12 All-State ... 2016 Philadelphia 5A Public League MVP ... two-time 5A Public League champion ... member of the lacrosse team and was an All-League performer in 2016 ... member of the National Honors Society ... played for coach Eric Zipay

According to IUP he redshirted at Bloom in 2017.
    https://iupathletics.com/sports/foot...ah-carter/7339
    For the hundredth time, he never played a SNAP AT BLOOMSBURG! I was RIGHT and ShoNuff was WRONG! END OF STORY!

Leave a comment:

• IUP PSAC Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

So nobody on this board is allowed to make any mistakes, except you ?! You are not allow to "get your facts straight before YOU speak" after you were wrong? Lets not be hypocritical....
    Buddy, I was never wrong. Lol! I have my facts. You were wrong. I was right. End of story.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied

Okay, first off Carter NEVER PLAYED AT BLOOMSBURG. He may have went there, but he never played a snap there! He was a walk on at IUP. And second off I am talking about the All Conference from 2021 not 2019!!! Your taking year 2019 out of your ass because you know I am right! Everyone on the board was talking about year 2021! It was my mistake, Malik Anderson should not even be in this discussion because he did not make all conference in 2021. SMH! So how about you get your freaking facts right before you speak!
    [
    Originally posted by ]QUOTE=ShoNuff View Post

So nobody on this board is allowed to make any mistakes, except you ?! You are not allow to "get your facts straight before YOU speak" after you were wrong? Lets not be hypocritical....
    Carter was in the 2017 recruiting class at Bloom. Qashah Carter (5-6, 155, WR) - Philadelphia, Pa. / Simon Gratz
    2016 First Team All-Philadelphia Public League ... 2016 Second Team All-City ... 2016 Honorable Mention District 12 All-State ... 2016 Philadelphia 5A Public League MVP ... two-time 5A Public League champion ... member of the lacrosse team and was an All-League performer in 2016 ... member of the National Honors Society ... played for coach Eric Zipay

According to IUP he redshirted at Bloom in 2017.
    https://iupathletics.com/sports/foot...ah-carter/7339

Leave a comment:

• IUPFOOTBALLALUM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

Okay, first off Carter NEVER PLAYED AT BLOOMSBURG. He may have went there, but he never played a snap there! He was a walk on at IUP. And second off I am talking about the All Conference from 2021 not 2019!!! Your taking year 2019 out of your ass because you know I am right! Everyone on the board was talking about year 2021! It was my mistake, Malik Anderson should not even be in this discussion because he did not make all conference in 2021. SMH! So how about you get your freaking facts right before you speak!
    Last edited by ShoNuff; 11-19-2021, 04:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    I have been told that as well.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I had assumed Shepherd was in the same boat as the rest of us.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think what its meant is that Shepherd given its location has permission from Charleston to charge reduced tuition to students from certain neighboring states.
    Yep! And Shepherd has been doing that since the mid 90s at least, probably from earlier as well. Lots of out of state students paid in-state tuition.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    I think what its meant is that Shepherd given its location has permission from Charleston to charge reduced tuition to students from certain neighboring states.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

There were many who did not want Gannon and Mercyhurst in the league specifically for this reason.
    I had assumed Shepherd was in the same boat as the rest of us.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    There were many who did not want Gannon and Mercyhurst in the league specifically for this reason.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

The per credit tuition could in principle help players, since you can easily stretch the same cost over 5 years, and you can have players take lower # of credits while they are on scholarship. The high cost of room and board might have an impact, but not sure how many get any R&B money.

its probably more that some of the old donors are getting tapped out. Curt went out looking for whale donors, and more than a few of the core donors hated him for that.
    A lot of people get comfortable sending the same amount every year. $50.$100. $250. There's also somewhat of a limit on what you can do with traditional revenue streams like sponsorships, advertising, golf outings, etc. That total doesn't go as far as it used to - especially when the cost of attendance only goes up. I think the per-credit model makes the average cost higher and in theory decreases how many equivalancies the annual fundraising haul gets you.

That's where Edinboro has been hurt. They're pretty close to maxxed out on annual fundraising. All those tuition and housing increases eroded that same dollar amount from 25 twenty years ago to around 12 today.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Part of it is probably that glass ceiling with fundraising. Maybe IUP's higher tuition charge is another?
    The per credit tuition could in principle help players, since you can easily stretch the same cost over 5 years, and you can have players take lower # of credits while they are on scholarship. The high cost of room and board might have an impact, but not sure how many get any R&B money.

its probably more that some of the old donors are getting tapped out. Curt went out looking for whale donors, and more than a few of the core donors hated him for that.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X