Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Shepherd's visitor side is not centered on the field which is kind of annoying. But its the original home stands before they built the grandstand side. The visitor side has bathroom access and its own concessions as well.

Just looked up Edinboros stadium, it really is a nice one. I've never been there.
    The old Shepherd stadium set up was literally like a small high school facility. The newer stands was a huge upgrade, but it does throw some people off that the visitor side is no longer centered. It still isn't bad for that side, though.

Honestly, it may have been the first stadium in the old WVIAC to receive any upgrades. The facilities in that conference were putrid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
      Re: Stadium setups/press box, etc.

The Good: Bloomsburg, West Chester, California, Edinboro, Mercyhurst, and Shepherd.
      The Bad: Slippery Rock, Clarion, East Stroudsburg, Kutztown, Lock Haven and Shippensburg.
      The Ugly: IUP, Gannon, Seton Hill and Millersville.
      Just curious as to what you find bad about Shippensburg, Matt? I've covered games at Ship (admittedly a long time back) and can't recall any real problems with the facilities. Of course, they were like paradise compared to the high school stadiums I was used to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Shepherd's visitor side is not centered on the field which is kind of annoying. But its the original home stands before they built the grandstand side. The visitor side has bathroom access and its own concessions as well.

Just looked up Edinboros stadium, it really is a nice one. I've never been there.
        Edinboro's is okay. Its basically two stadium sides (visitor side has some overflow bleachers). Two gates. Two sets of full bathrooms (visitor side are nicer). Rare visitor locker rooms. New food service vendor also set up credit card sales at the concession stand. Lots of parking.

Otherwise its pretty basic.

Comment

• Money. IUP doesn't have much laying around. Its why I've suggested before that they build a new stadium with the high school & fairgrounds. Fairgrounds get state money for athletic facilities. High schools don't have the money rules. It could be win-win-win.

Secondary factor is that the folks who decide the priorities haven't witnessed the need. Most operating budgets in PASSHE are shoestring so its not like they can shift money from one place to another.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Money. IUP doesn't have much laying around. Its why I've suggested before that they build a new stadium with the high school & fairgrounds. Fairgrounds get state money for athletic facilities. High schools don't have the money rules. It could be win-win-win.

Secondary factor is that the folks who decide the priorities haven't witnessed the need. Most operating budgets in PASSHE are shoestring so its not like they can shift money from one place to another.
            I agree with you 100%! According to a lot people on this board they act like IUP has more money than anyone in the PSAC?! If they have so much money why are there facilities garbage? They obviously do not have a lot of money laying around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Just curious as to what you find bad about Shippensburg, Matt? I've covered games at Ship (admittedly a long time back) and can't recall any real problems with the facilities. Of course, they were like paradise compared to the high school stadiums I was used to.
              The press box is small. Not enough counter space for those who want to work there. (As I type that, I realize how ridiculous it is because there are no more reporters covering PSAC football anyway). The 9,378,421 steps you have to climb to get to it also ain't fun.
              http://www.indianagazette.com
              www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Makes the Cal-Boro stretch all the worse. They certainly had the talent to still be playing.
                AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Or SCHEME properly!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

IUP one the region in 2017. They were the number 1 team in the country in every poll from Week 5 on. They came back and should have beat West Florida, just ran out of time. Also if I remember right Max Redfield and Dondre Tillman did not play in that game. If I remember right IUP got screwed of a call in the 4th quarter that could have changed the outcome. If Redfield and Tillman were playing in that game they would have been playing in the National Championship.
                    That 2017 IUP team STILL could have made it to the National Championship game. However, that team was mentally defeated after Redfield went down. Players were crushed after the Assumption game. Instead of being down because you lost a free safety, that team should have used his injury as motivation to at least get to the National Championship Game FOR THAT free safety. However, that offense came out super flat from the start. Let me stop....

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

That 2017 IUP team STILL could have made it to the National Championship game. However, that team was mentally defeated after Redfield went down. Players were crushed after the Assumption game. Instead of being down because you lost a free safety, that team should have used his injury as motivation to at least get to the National Championship Game FOR THAT free safety. However, that offense came out super flat from the start. Let me stop....
                      That IUP-UWF game was great to watch as a neutral party. EVERYTHING was going West Florida's way in the first half. Those WR had some thread-the-needle catches on some big passes. I found myself cheering for IUP but it was one of the best football games I watched that year.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You know, lost in the Punt Block Heard 'Round the World endless discussion, is the fact all they needed was a first down. Ten yards and the game was over. One first down and that punt never happened. That series, to me, even more than the blocked put, was the true killer. Keep in mind, your best play-maker, Duane Brown, didn't touch the ball in that series. The first two plays didn't get a single yard. Even had they got to 4th-and-3 ... you probably still don't actually punt there.

Having two blocked the next week and the Walking Dead performance is a different discussion.

Tell you what, ... not many plays or sequences in IUP history are still talked about a month later. That ending was just so surreal. Freaking bad dream.
                        GREAT point ! Why with the rare back-to-back wins against your yearly top two opponents on the line you do not get the ball in your best player's hands not once ??? Not at all...just run the same three plays. And then you set up your regular punt scheme....not set up in tight punt formation to defend against a possible punt block. Not a good call...AT ALL.

Comment

• Just about all those guys. Malik Anderson was recruited by Coach Cignetti, and Qashah Carter was a transfer from Bloomburg.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Just about all those guys. Malik Anderson was recruited by Coach Cignetti, and Qashah Carter was a transfer from Bloomburg.
                            Carter was not a transfer, he was a walk on!!! My mistake on Malik Anderson he did not make all conference. 13/17 guys were recruited by Coach Torts staff out of High a school. Get your facts right before you speak.

Comment

Carter was not a transfer, he was a walk on!!! My mistake on Malik Anderson he did not make all conference. 13/17 guys were recruited by Coach Torts staff out of High a school. Get your facts right before you speak.
                              Q. Carter was a walk-on. But, he started at Bloom.

Comment

Apparently, Carter signed something or agreed to play at Bloomsburg in 2017 ( https://buhuskies.com/news/2017/2/10...ing-class.aspx ). Sounds like a transfer to me, unless he never enrolled into Bloomsburg and perhaps enrolled into IUP as a student first.

And gee....look who made All Conference in 2019 ( https://psacsports.org/news/2019/11/...est-major.aspx ).

Now that is TWICE you were incorrect regarding Malik Anderson. Therefore, I think its best for you to FIRST take your OWN advice and "Get your facts right before you speak" before you advise others.....SMH....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X