Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the three nicest stadiums to actually watch a game live inside are Shepherd, Mercyhurst and Seton Hill.

Two of those programs are average at best.

As you said, very few have nice facilities in football in the PSAC. Picking between SRU and IUP ... that would be splitting hairs. Neither stadium is nice. Of the West's Big Three, Cal probably has the nicest stadium (and that isn't saying a whole lot). Those three win because they raise and spend money on players.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I think the three nicest stadiums to actually watch a game live inside are Shepherd, Mercyhurst and Seton Hill.

As you said, very few have nice facilities in football in the PSAC. Picking between SRU and IUP ... that would be splitting hairs. Neither stadium is nice. Of the West's Big Three, Cal probably has the nicest stadium (and that isn't saying a whole lot). Those three win because they raise and spend money on players.
      I just wish Shepherd would upgrade that scoreboard. Lights would also be nice, but Shepherdstown will never approve that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I just wish Shepherd would upgrade that scoreboard. Lights would also be nice, but Shepherdstown will never approve that.

Why not? Seems in most small towns the school drives the bus?

Comment

Why not? Seems in most small towns the school drives the bus?
          The town has disapproved of lights for a long time. Shepherdstown is old and historic. And the stuffy shirts that run the town say that it ruins the historic aesthetic that they desire.

Comment

The town has disapproved of lights for a long time. Shepherdstown is old and historic. And the stuffy shirts that run the town say that it ruins the historic aesthetic that they desire.
            I heard it also has something to do with a local military base as well?

The scoreboard needs replaced big time, I agree. Also, what happened to that athletic performance center that they were pushing about 4-5 years ago? Probably went away after the last couple years for obvious reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I heard it also has something to do with a local military base as well?

The scoreboard needs replaced big time, I agree. Also, what happened to that athletic performance center that they were pushing about 4-5 years ago? Probably went away after the last couple years for obvious reasons.
              I have never heard that about the military base, but you do see military craft over Shepherdstown fairly often.

Comment

In recent history (past 10-15 years) the basketball program has blown past the football program. Joe's won numerous conference titles (including the past two) and played in the national title game twice. They could make a real deep run this year.

They are both good programs, but Joe has just elevated his program a full step above.

Joe is fully-funded and does have a Top 5 arena (nicer than most D1 mid-majors, in fact). The football program uses facilities on par with most WPIAL Class AA programs. What IUP lacks in football facilities, I think they make up in other area's -- big campus, nice college town, etc. I have no idea if they lose recruits over the facilities. IUP has been winning for a long time in football so I don't they play that much of a role. They can still give out a lot of money to offset the aesthetics of the facilities and stadium.

Comment

I think the three nicest stadiums to actually watch a game live inside are Shepherd, Mercyhurst and Seton Hill.

Comment

Hey IUP has a video board!

Comment

• Facilities also would include the weight rooms, meeting rooms, etc. IUP's are all really old and in bad shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Hey IUP has a video board!
                        Shepherd has the old generic scoreboard from the days of yore.

Comment

• Since @Paul_Tortorella became head coach in 2017, IUP has led the PSAC West in all-conference players every single season.

62 all-PSAC West picks in 4 seasons.
                          From Matt Burglund Via Twitter.

Comment

• All-PSAC West selections, by school:

IUPfootball

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post
                              All-PSAC West selections, by school:

IUPfootball
                              Makes the Cal-Boro stretch all the worse. They certainly had the talent to still be playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post
                                Since @Paul_Tortorella became head coach in 2017, IUP has led the PSAC West in all-conference players every single season.

62 all-PSAC West picks in 4 seasons.
                                From Matt Burglund Via Twitter.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X