Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

I agree with you 100%! According to a lot people on this board they act like IUP has more money than anyone in the PSAC?! If they have so much money why are there facilities garbage? They obviously do not have a lot of money laying around.
    In the money compared to the rest of the PSAC, I think ppl think that because of the posts a few pages back about the budgets for football. IUP was highest if I'm remembering right.

Someone might be able to find the link for you.

Comment

I agree with you 100%! According to a lot people on this board they act like IUP has more money than anyone in the PSAC?! If they have so much money why are there facilities garbage? They obviously do not have a lot of money laying around.
      Money gets allocated. The money IUP donors give to the scholarship fund gets spent on buying players -- not on facilities.

So, when a big whale like IUPNation sends in $35k yearly for football, it is going to pay players' tuition (i.e. scholarships).

Stadium upgrades obviously are of no priority
      to the university. Crowds suck. Why spend any money for (5) days a year?

Comment

• The KCAC was seen as a more University-wide investment. Aside from basketball, the facility can be used year-round. Concerts, conventions, etc.

Much better investment than a new stadium.

Comment

• Actually, it's not. It's on the University. The athletic department obviously wants to upgrade Miller Stadium. It was a relic in 1988 let alone in 2021.

But, you're talking $80m (at least). That kind of cash isn't coming from a broke D2 athletic department.

Unless Mr. Youtube gets involved ... Miller isn't going anywhere. The school is near broke. That stadium, however bad it is, ... is of no priority.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
            Sounds like the football side is jealous of Joe and what Joe has. Hey football... start winning big games and raising money then maybe you can win the region. BUUUUUUUUT... I hate to tell you, you never win more than the region. Region 1 just can't compete nationally!

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Good recruiting, well organized but not sure about development since most of those players were transfers already developed, and lousy game day coach.

seems to lose a lot of promising players too

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

My three favorite to watch (fan perspective) have a common theme -- no tracks. Personally, I think that makes such a difference. Seton Hill is certainly a high school stadium. But, most of our stadiums could qualify as such. IUP fans could absolutely make the case that Indiana High School has a nicer venue than IUP. I personally think it does. No track, much better appearance, probably a nicer pressbox, etc.

Comment

• And, IUP could offer a tour of the famous funeral home scene from Silence of the Lambs.

Rural Valley ... pronounced, of course, as Roll Valley by the locals.

Joking aside ... 50x better than Miller

Comment

My three favorite to watch (fan perspective) have a common theme -- no tracks. Personally, I think that makes such a difference. Seton Hill is certainly a high school stadium. But, most of our stadiums could qualify as such. IUP fans could absolutely make the case that Indiana High School has a nicer venue than IUP. I personally think it does. No track, much better appearance, probably a nicer pressbox, etc.
                    I guess I must be in the minority where I just don't see that big a difference in any of these facilities. Granted I have only been a visitor in East stadiums because I live in Southeastern PA...but none of them WOW'd me and wish IUP had what they had...

West Chester has two large concrete stands on each side...I do like that their visitor side goes up pretty high. But no loos, no concessions on that side. It's just stands.

Millersville is just metal bleachers on that side. No loos, no concessions and it can get bloody hot sitting over there on a hot sunny day. It's a well kept facility and their home side is much better than IUP's.

I haven't been to Shippensburg since the 90's...but there was nothing on the visitor side but some small stands in those days. It's was a long walk from where I parked to get to the stadium.

Bloomsburg has those views. The visitor side greatly improved from sitting on the grass and no loos to actual bleachers and a visitor loo. I haven't been back since the Bo Napoleon disaster that was painful to watch in person.

East Stroudsburg is okay as long as the scoreboard operator is held in check.

Cheyney was just sad. The visitor stands were shaky and wooden that doled out splinters the whole game. Then you had the half dead goat pasture of a field. The best spot really was on the hill above the one endzone...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Money. IUP doesn't have much laying around. Its why I've suggested before that they build a new stadium with the high school & fairgrounds. Fairgrounds get state money for athletic facilities. High schools don't have the money rules. It could be win-win-win.

Secondary factor is that the folks who decide the priorities haven't witnessed the need. Most operating budgets in PASSHE are shoestring so its not like they can shift money from one place to another.
                      Mack Park would be a nice spot for a dual facility. It already has parking in place from the closed strip mall that was next to it. Of course it is off campus which means it may as well be in Blairsville in the students minds because they'd have to walk and cross Wayne Ave.

Comment

They have more scholarship money. They can't use it for facilities.

Why don't they shake down Mr. Youtube for another tax deductible donation to renovate the place where he actually ran track....still not sure why he wanted the basketball arena named after his track coach...

Comment

Money gets allocated. The money IUP donors give to the scholarship fund gets spent on buying players -- not on facilities.

So, when a big whale like IUPNation sends in $35k yearly for football, it is going to pay players' tuition (i.e. scholarships).

Stadium upgrades obviously are of no priority
                          to the university. Crowds suck. Why spend any money for (5) days a year?
                          Dude...I wish I could donate big bucks so I could tell them what I want...but they only got a paltry Two Hunnerd and Fitty from me this season and I got a ****ty ROI.....

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I guess I must be in the minority where I just don't see that big a difference in any of these facilities. Granted I have only been a visitor in East stadiums because I live in Southeastern PA...but none of them WOW'd me and wish IUP had what they had...

West Chester has two large concrete stands on each side...I do like that their visitor side goes up pretty high. But no loos, no concessions on that side. It's just stands.

Millersville is just metal bleachers on that side. No loos, no concessions and it can get bloody hot sitting over there on a hot sunny day. It's a well kept facility and their home side is much better than IUP's.

I haven't been to Shippensburg since the 90's...but there was nothing on the visitor side but some small stands in those days. It's was a long walk from where I parked to get to the stadium.

Bloomsburg has those views. The visitor side greatly improved from sitting on the grass and no loos to actual bleachers and a visitor loo. I haven't been back since the Bo Napoleon disaster that was painful to watch in person.

East Stroudsburg is okay as long as the scoreboard operator is held in check.

Cheyney was just sad. The visitor stands were shaky and wooden that doled out splinters the whole game. Then you had the half dead goat pasture of a field. The best spot really was on the hill above the one endzone...
                            Yeah. As a league. They almost all suck.

Comment

Yeah. As a league. They almost all suck.
                              I'd say 90% of the stadiums in D2 suck.

Can somebody send Brandon updated photos of The Cig. The ones on this site are at least 7-10 years old.

Comment

• No ****, learn how to read AZZ Hat!!! That's why we keep saying football will never compete at a national level. Joe got his program funded and compete nationally. That's hard work! Football on the other hand can't even get themselves close to fully funded and they have more backers and alumni than basketball. I'm pretty sure YOU DON'T GET IT!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X