Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Makes the Cal-Boro stretch all the worse. They certainly had the talent to still be playing.
    It shows you that Coach Tort, is a great recruiter and a great developer when it comes to developing players. No question about it.

Comment

• Well Buddy, if I am correct Cam Suman is always on the punt block. He got injured when IUP played Jail yard U. I have watched the play back and he was not in there on the play. That could have something to do with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

It shows you that Coach Tort, is a great recruiter and a great developer when it comes to developing players. No question about it.
        Most all psac west players in 4 years and SRU has been in 3 straight psac championships. I'd say there's a question to "great".

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

Most all psac west players in 4 years and SRU has been in 3 straight psac championships. I'd say there's a question to "great".

Comment

Good recruiting, well organized but not sure about development since most of those players were transfers already developed, and lousy game day coach.

seems to lose a lot of promising players too

Comment

Well Buddy, if I am correct Cam Suman is always on the punt block. He got injured when IUP played Jail yard U. I have watched the play back and he was not in there on the play. That could have something to do with it.
              Stop making excuses. The staff blew it. The players blew it. It was a bad season for everyone from poor Covid protocol that put them in a hole against Shepherd, , poor coaching that ignited the opposition and players smashing helmets on sidelines. IUP fans demand better.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Stop making excuses. The staff blew it. The players blew it. It was a bad season for everyone from poor Covid protocol that put them in a hole against Shepherd, , poor coaching that ignited the opposition and players smashing helmets on sidelines. IUP fans demand better.
                Seeing 17 all-West picks just makes you wonder more WTF happened to that team. Everybody knew it had a ton of individual talent.

Often times, however, that word 'individual' is a bad word in team sports.

The first loss ... yeah, they got spanked in the third quarter. The other two ... cannot be justified.

Comment

I think the three nicest stadiums to actually watch a game live inside are Shepherd, Mercyhurst and Seton Hill.

Two of those programs are average at best.

As you said, very few have nice facilities in football in the PSAC. Picking between SRU and IUP ... that would be splitting hairs. Neither stadium is nice. Of the West's Big Three, Cal probably has the nicest stadium (and that isn't saying a whole lot). Those three win because they raise and spend money on players.
                  Strictly from a broadcasters perspective, Seton HIll's "stadium" is literally a high school facility. Cal's Adamson Stadium is hands-down the nicest facility in the West. Bloomsburg has the best Press Box in the conference.

Comment

• You know, lost in the Punt Block Heard 'Round the World endless discussion, is the fact all they needed was a first down. Ten yards and the game was over. One first down and that punt never happened. That series, to me, even more than the blocked put, was the true killer. Keep in mind, your best play-maker, Duane Brown, didn't touch the ball in that series. The first two plays didn't get a single yard. Even had they got to 4th-and-3 ... you probably still don't actually punt there.

Having two blocked the next week and the Walking Dead performance is a different discussion.

Tell you what, ... not many plays or sequences in IUP history are still talked about a month later. That ending was just so surreal. Freaking bad dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Strictly from a broadcasters perspective, Seton HIll's "stadium" is literally a high school facility. Cal's Adamson Stadium is hands-down the nicest facility in the West. Bloomsburg has the best Press Box in the conference.
                      My three favorite to watch (fan perspective) have a common theme -- no tracks. Personally, I think that makes such a difference. Seton Hill is certainly a high school stadium. But, most of our stadiums could qualify as such. IUP fans could absolutely make the case that Indiana High School has a nicer venue than IUP. I personally think it does. No track, much better appearance, probably a nicer pressbox, etc.

Comment

My three favorite to watch (fan perspective) have a common theme -- no tracks. Personally, I think that makes such a difference. Seton Hill is certainly a high school stadium. But, most of our stadiums could qualify as such. IUP fans could absolutely make the case that Indiana High School has a nicer venue than IUP. I personally think it does. No track, much better appearance, probably a nicer pressbox, etc.
                        I've been to one or two stadiums without tracks where you're just as far from the field and one where you were almost too close and the players on the sideline blocked your line of sight until almost the first hash.

Adamson is nice but an unpleasant visitor experience. Most visitor sides are just a set of bleachers without any amenities, so you have to hike around the field to use the bathroom, grab something to eat, etc. Parking & entrance is almost always on that side too. Edinboro probably has the nicest visitor side - actual stadium structure (not simply scaffolded bleachers) with full bathrooms and parking & entrance on the visitor side. There is a food station on that side but I've only seen it open for Homecoming.
                        Last edited by Fightingscot82; 11-18-2021, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Re: Stadium setups/press box, etc.

The Good: Bloomsburg, West Chester, California, Edinboro, Mercyhurst, and Shepherd.
                          The Bad: Slippery Rock, Clarion, East Stroudsburg, Kutztown, Lock Haven and Shippensburg.
                          The Ugly: IUP, Gannon, Seton Hill and Millersville.
                          http://www.indianagazette.com
                          www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Good recruiting, well organized but not sure about development since most of those players were transfers already developed, and lousy game day coach.

seems to lose a lot of promising players too

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I've been to one or two stadiums without tracks where you're just as far from the field and one where you were almost too close and the players on the sideline blocked your line of sight until almost the first hash.

Adamson is nice but an unpleasant visitor experience. Most visitor sides are just a set of bleachers without any amenities, so you have to hike around the field to use the bathroom, grab something to eat, etc. Parking & entrance is almost always on that side too. Edinboro probably has the nicest visitor side - actual stadium structure (not simply scaffolded bleachers) with full bathrooms and parking & entrance on the visitor side. There is a food station on that side but I've only seen it open for Homecoming.
                                Shepherd's visitor side is not centered on the field which is kind of annoying. But its the original home stands before they built the grandstand side. The visitor side has bathroom access and its own concessions as well.

Just looked up Edinboros stadium, it really is a nice one. I've never been there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X