Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I wouldn't want a home game here under any conditions. This is a road team. If they do slip in they would be a tough out as a visitor.

Why they are so much better away from home is probably a Dr. Phil discussion.

Miller has just become depressing. I think it rubs off.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    I guess it depends on your definition of an upset. Both teams that year were really good, and Edinboro came out on top by 8. In 2013, IUP had no business losing to Edinboro.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I feel like one of the three straight that TLT's Edinboro teams won was an upset but that just might be my memory.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I disagree! If they got into the state game and smacked Kutztown again or revenged the Shep loss then that looks a lot better than beating 3rd place West Chester!

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    I feel like one of the three straight that TLT's Edinboro teams won was an upset but that just might be my memory.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Its probably better not to be in the State Game at this point if they want to get into the playoffs.
    I disagree! If they got into the state game and smacked Kutztown again or revenged the Shep loss then that looks a lot better than beating 3rd place West Chester!

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Although it hasn't happened since 2013, there's also a long history of Edinboro upsetting IUP.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, Tort has a tough task at hand this week.

We saw what happened in 2018. I think this group has better leaders and I don't think it will happen.

Edinboro isn't a pushover. I know the record is awful but they have (4) single digit losses. Among those, they lost to West Chester by just 4 points and to Cal by just 8 points. So, it's not like Clarion coming in here this weekend.

Not a soul around is ever going to feel bad for IUP so they have to come out Saturday like it's win or go home. Well, it is. Edinboro will be looking to pounce on the wounded animal. If IUP's head is straight, they should win fairly smooth.
    It sounds really trite, but Edinboro might be the best 1 win team in the country. They've kept it close with almost everyone except Slippery Rock where they were worn out in the second half. Although it hasn't happened since 2013, there's also a long history of Edinboro upsetting IUP. Plus, there are two former Edinboro players on the IUP roster as well as Edinboro's HC being a former IUP assistant and this all makes for good drama & fodder.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Not to beat a dead horse but keeping the team focused on the task at hand, until the final gun, is pretty much the primary job of the head coach. Big time fail on Saturday.
    I think that is the consensus.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Not to beat a dead horse but keeping the team focused on the task at hand, until the final gun, is pretty much the primary job of the head coach. Big time fail on Saturday.
    Well, Tort has a tough task at hand this week.

We saw what happened in 2018. I think this group has better leaders and I don't think it will happen.

Edinboro isn't a pushover. I know the record is awful but they have (4) single digit losses. Among those, they lost to West Chester by just 4 points and to Cal by just 8 points. So, it's not like Clarion coming in here this weekend.

Not a soul around is ever going to feel bad for IUP so they have to come out Saturday like it's win or go home. Well, it is. Edinboro will be looking to pounce on the wounded animal. If IUP's head is straight, they should win fairly smooth.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

WHY is the million dollar question.

This isn't message board babbling ... these are the actual players saying the same things that were said on here all weekend.

Sure, they were up 23-10 at the half but the game was much closer than the score. IUP got a couple nice breaks in the first half.

How the belief existed the game was over is unreal.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Mitchell felt it in the locker room. Streater said " a lot of people thought it was over."

The whole attitude of the team was apparent if you watched the game. Hard to understand.
    WHY is the million dollar question.

This isn't message board babbling ... these are the actual players saying the same things that were said on here all weekend.

Sure, they were up 23-10 at the half but the game was much closer than the score. IUP got a couple nice breaks in the first half.

How the belief existed the game was over is unreal.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Mitchell felt it in the locker room. Streater said " a lot of people thought it was over."

The whole attitude of the team was apparent if you watched the game. Hard to understand.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X