X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I know. But there are going to have to be safeguards against what I'm suggesting.
    Sure - I think something I'm interested in is how PSAC voting will work with the triads. Right now presidents cast their school's vote. Does the "campus administrator" for each vote for the president? Will they have autonomy or will their vote be 1 of 3 decided by the president?

Also, there are probably minutes somewhere to determine when the decision was made on policy. Just because it was sent out Sept 13 doesn't mean it was decided just before.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think your imagination is indeed running away from you.

Clarion has the lead in the triad. Their sitting president is the interim president at both Cal and Edinboro. Athletics at all three schools report to her. Its my understanding that Clarion was the school with the covid issue and they were the ones who called off the game.
    Plus, the Cal-Clarion game was called off Thursday evening. It's safe to assume Cal had practiced at least M-T-W that week. So it's not like they got a bye week. Someone else also mentioned the possibility that the Cal coaches were in attendance at the IUP-SRU game. I'd say it's possible, but highly unlikely. Coaches have access to film from varying angles for all games. Going in person wouldn't give them much. This isn't 1980s-era high school football, when teams used to do that.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Clarion has the lead in the triad. Their sitting president is the interim president at both Cal and Edinboro. Athletics at all three schools report to her. Its my understanding that Clarion was the school with the covid issue and they were the ones who called off the game.
    I know. But there are going to have to be safeguards against what I'm suggesting.

Leave a comment:

• Big Hawk15
    replied
    [QUOTE=IUPalum;n617381]

What a joke. Sounds to me this was just made! What a shock the commish makes up rules as he goes! This should've been done before the season and put out to the public.[/QUOTE

the psac is a joke they hate iup!

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

It's unbelievable that they conjured this scheme up on September 13. Is it just misfortune for IUP or something more?

I'm not saying there is anything nefarious going on here. However, Cal U and Clarion are part of the same triad, right? It would be interesting to know how the decision was made to cancel the Cal-Clarion game. After all, there are advantages for Cal U to cancel it. Specifically, they got to rest up for a week before playing IUP and they got an extra week to game plan. Also, because the Clarion game is not counted, Cal does not have Clarion on the record to pull down their SOS.

Ok, probably just my imagination running away with me but it is something to think about with these triads. I mean, Cal is calling the shots for Clarion. It's an example of how they could collude to screw over other schools.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

It's unbelievable that they conjured this scheme up on September 13. Is it just misfortune for IUP or something more?

I'm not saying there is anything nefarious going on here. However, Cal U and Clarion are part of the same triad, right? It would be interesting to know how the decision was made to cancel the Cal-Clarion game. After all, there are advantages for Cal U to cancel it. Specifically, they got to rest up for a week before playing IUP and they got an extra week to game plan. Also, because the Clarion game is not counted, Cal does not have Clarion on the record to pull down their SOS.

Ok, probably just my imagination running away with me but it is something to think about with these triads. I mean, Cal is calling the shots for Clarion. It's an example of how they could collude to screw over other schools.
    All legit assumptions... wouldn't be the first time IUP got bent over! BUT... looking at it, IUP should've never blown the Cal game. Irv catch the ball and that take the wind out of their sails.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

It was emailed to league fall coaches and athletic administrators on September 13.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Hawk15 View Post

I understand that but how do you know it is 1.9 mill?
    Maybe because it's "published." Maybe because it's "public information."

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Because that is what they reported to the feds. $1,829,838 to be exact. I assume its only gone up with annual compensation increases.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

What a joke. Sounds to me this was just made! What a shock the commish makes up rules as he goes! This should've been done before the season and put out to the public.
    It was emailed to league fall coaches and athletic administrators on September 13.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

All Public entities budget's have to be made public!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

There was a change to the tiebreaking policy this season based on the possibility of games being called off because of COVID. I received this from the league today:
    1. Minimum Number of Contests Required:

A team must play at least FIVE divisional games to be considered for participation in the championship game. However, if the average number of divisional games played by all teams falls below FIVE (round up at .50 or down at .49), then teams must play no less than ONE fewer divisional game than the average number of divisional games played by all teams (i.e. if the conference average is four games played, then a team that played 3 would be considered)
    1. The championship game participant from each division will be determined by the following (must meet #1 above):
    • In the event an UNCOMPLETED SCHEDULE occurs due to cancellation of games:
      • If two (or more) teams have the same number of conference losses but are separated by only one win, head-to-head results will take precedence over winning percentage, as long as the two (or more) teams meet minimum number of games language noted above.

(Ex: Team A is 6-1 with a Head to head loss to Team B with a 5-1 record; Team B advances to Champ game)
    • If the game was cancelled between two teams with the same number of losses, but different number of wins, the team with more wins will be declared the division champion/championship game representative.

(Ex: Team A is 4-2 and Team B is 3-2 and they did not play; Team A advances to Champ game)
    • If the game was cancelled between two teams with the same winning percentage in all divisional games, use the following tiebreaker:

I was also provided this scenario (my emphasis in bold):
    If SRU, Cal U, and IUP all win next week, the winner of the SRU and Cal U game Nov. 6 will go to the state game. Obviously, if Cal wins they would be outright champs. If SRU were to win and we were all 1-1 against each other and finish with one divisional loss, IUP gets eliminated from the three-way because of the 1-1 record in mandated crossover games, then it becomes head to head between Cal and SRU.

If SRU loses to Gannon next week and Cal wins over Seton Hill next week, Cal will represent the West no matter what happens the last week against SRU because Cal has the head-to-head over IUP.

IUP needs to win its next two and have Cal lose to both SHU and SRU to advance to the state game. If IUP and SRU end up in a two-way tie, IUP wins via the head-to-head.
    What a joke. Sounds to me this was just made! What a shock the commish makes up rules as he goes! This should've been done before the season and put out to the public.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

No way is IUP eliminated if Cal beats Seton Hill. Cal loses to SRU then Cal will also have one loss in the west but one less win if everyone else wins out.
    There was a change to the tiebreaking policy this season based on the possibility of games being called off because of COVID. I received this from the league today:
    1. Minimum Number of Contests Required:

A team must play at least FIVE divisional games to be considered for participation in the championship game. However, if the average number of divisional games played by all teams falls below FIVE (round up at .50 or down at .49), then teams must play no less than ONE fewer divisional game than the average number of divisional games played by all teams (i.e. if the conference average is four games played, then a team that played 3 would be considered)
    1. The championship game participant from each division will be determined by the following (must meet #1 above):
    • In the event an UNCOMPLETED SCHEDULE occurs due to cancellation of games:
      • If two (or more) teams have the same number of conference losses but are separated by only one win, head-to-head results will take precedence over winning percentage, as long as the two (or more) teams meet minimum number of games language noted above.

(Ex: Team A is 6-1 with a Head to head loss to Team B with a 5-1 record; Team B advances to Champ game)
    • If the game was cancelled between two teams with the same number of losses, but different number of wins, the team with more wins will be declared the division champion/championship game representative.

(Ex: Team A is 4-2 and Team B is 3-2 and they did not play; Team A advances to Champ game)
    • If the game was cancelled between two teams with the same winning percentage in all divisional games, use the following tiebreaker:

I was also provided this scenario (my emphasis in bold):
    If SRU, Cal U, and IUP all win next week, the winner of the SRU and Cal U game Nov. 6 will go to the state game. Obviously, if Cal wins they would be outright champs. If SRU were to win and we were all 1-1 against each other and finish with one divisional loss, IUP gets eliminated from the three-way because of the 1-1 record in mandated crossover games, then it becomes head to head between Cal and SRU.

If SRU loses to Gannon next week and Cal wins over Seton Hill next week, Cal will represent the West no matter what happens the last week against SRU because Cal has the head-to-head over IUP.

IUP needs to win its next two and have Cal lose to both SHU and SRU to advance to the state game. If IUP and SRU end up in a two-way tie, IUP wins via the head-to-head.

Leave a comment:

• Big Hawk15
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X