Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram040506
    replied
    I sincerely doubt that. As others have pointed out, IUP should win this weekend in a rout. Anything less than a 20 point victory is going to be a cause for concern.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

maybe if its 500, but Javon passed for 250 against good teams. its going to take alot against hurst to impress. I'll bet someone runs for 100 yds too. We'll see what happens in 3 weeks.
    Honestly, I feel like IUP may need to try out both QBs in the coming weeks. There is a big difference in competition from IUP's first two opponents and then Mercyhurst. You would think that everyone is likely to have a better day against Mercyhurst. The only way to truly get a feel is to evaluate them both against equal competition.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    maybe if its 500, but Javon passed for 250 against good teams. its going to take alot against hurst to impress. I'll bet someone runs for 100 yds too. We'll see what happens in 3 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Keep in mind this is a Mercyhurst team that struggled with a dreadful Alderson Broaddus, got a 55-burger hung on it by West Chester, etc.

IUP needs a win, sure, but its heavily favored in this game. The Mercyhurst offense is tailormade for this IUP defense. Granted, after watching film of last week, Mercyhurst may be more inclined to pass. But, they have serious OL issues. Their QBs are getting sacked at a record pace (West Chester got 10 on them).

I suspect Mercyhurst comes out fired up. It's homecoming. The hated team is in town. But, IUP should have this game put away by halftime.

Leave a comment:

• IUPFOOTBALLALUM
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Is there more pressure on Harry to be lights out or Tort to fix slow starts? Maybe Harry is the fix!

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Is there more pressure on Harry to be lights out or Tort to fix slow starts? Maybe Harry is the fix!

Leave a comment:

• Big Hawk15
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Basketball.

Leave a comment:

• Big Hawk15
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I can't say this year's team is overrated -- yet -- simply because we still haven't see it yet.

They had serious dudes out last week. Serious dudes out versus Kutztown.

Harry Football has only been Harry No Show.

We may never get to see this team full force. I hope we do.

But, I will say, ... been saying for years on here both basketball programs have blown past the football program. Not many wanted to hear that but it has happened.

Losing all these big games is taking a toll on IUP fans, too. Need proof? See how many IUP fans picked Shepherd to win last week. When your own fans are picking you to lose at home ... something is off.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    They'll sell guys playing pro ball. A Harlon Hill winner. Rock football has some sort of cult following.

Unfortunately, IUP has all those things but is quickly aging.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think that's very fair. I spent two years watching MAC football and feel the PSAC has so many similarities. Mostly regional state schools, relatively underfunded, passive fan bases, etc. but the biggest similarity is the grind of the conference schedule. The teams are so similarly resourced and matched that its possible for any team to win on any Saturday. We have some perennial bottom feeders while the MAC doesn't, but its hard to come out unscathed and being great one year doesn't guarantee much the following season. I think as much as we want to believe it isn't so, the PSAC is similarly evenly matched. We have tiers within each conference division but in reality those tiers are fluid. Cal was once a bottom feeder while Clarion and Edinboro were once top tier. Slippery Rock has had bouts of mediocrity.

IUP does have a resource advantage but its not a large gap and I'd argue that teams like Cal or Slip can sell some things that make up for a lesser scholarship offer than IUP's offer.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    I think that's very fair. I spent two years watching MAC football and feel the PSAC has so many similarities. Mostly regional state schools, relatively underfunded, passive fan bases, etc. but the biggest similarity is the grind of the conference schedule. The teams are so similarly resourced and matched that its possible for any team to win on any Saturday. We have some perennial bottom feeders while the MAC doesn't, but its hard to come out unscathed and being great one year doesn't guarantee much the following season. I think as much as we want to believe it isn't so, the PSAC is similarly evenly matched. We have tiers within each conference division but in reality those tiers are fluid. Cal was once a bottom feeder while Clarion and Edinboro were once top tier. Slippery Rock has had bouts of mediocrity.

IUP does have a resource advantage but its not a large gap and I'd argue that teams like Cal or Slip can sell some things that make up for a lesser scholarship offer than IUP's offer.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

OK. Got ya.

IUP Football will play the Walk-Ons, too, there on Nov. 13 if they don't make the state game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    OK. Got ya.

IUP Football will play the Walk-Ons, too, there on Nov. 13 if they don't make the state game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Basketball.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Let's hope they aren't.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse