X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Any thoughts here? It's honestly been so long since I've really thought of anything IUP football related it is all just a blur.

I see that the elusive Irv Charles is listed on the rooster. So I deduce that this means that he does actually exist.

Looks like a numero change for Justice Evans. He switched to #6 which was once made vogue by a bullish IUP runner named James Suber.

Looks like Alex Ramart will wear #12. The only starting IUP QBs that wore 12 in the past 40 years or so that I can recall were Scott McGuigan and Pat Smith. Odd considering what a very popular number it used to be years ago among QBs. Consider that between 1971-1979 every single winning QB of the Super Bowl wore 12. Odd little stat only to be found in the Twilight Zone.
    James Suber doesn't get mentioned enough in yesteryear talks. Heck of a player.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by iup73 View Post
    Spring roster is up!
    Any thoughts here? It's honestly been so long since I've really thought of anything IUP football related it is all just a blur.

I see that the elusive Irv Charles is listed on the rooster. So I deduce that this means that he does actually exist.

Looks like a numero change for Justice Evans. He switched to #6 which was once made vogue by a bullish IUP runner named James Suber.

Looks like Alex Ramart will wear #12. The only starting IUP QBs that wore 12 in the past 40 years or so that I can recall were Scott McGuigan and Pat Smith. Odd considering what a very popular number it used to be years ago among QBs. Consider that between 1971-1979 every single winning QB of the Super Bowl wore 12. Odd little stat only to be found in the Twilight Zone.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Unfortunately. I know they don't spend much but year after year. They gave up 20 freaking runs yesterday in the second game. That's a pinata.
    You're going to find that in early-season D-II ball. Coaches want to see if their pitchers can work out of jams. And if they can't ... well ...

Ship's matching them at 1-5, and that's not a usual occurrence there.

Leave a comment:

• iup73
    replied
    Spring roster is up!

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

As usual their pitchers don't throw strikes and they only have about 4 legit hitters like every year. Makes no sense that they get out recruited that bad!
    IUP is a Golf school.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    IUP baseball off to a 1-5 start. Lordy.
    As usual their pitchers don't throw strikes and they only have about 4 legit hitters like every year. Makes no sense that they get out recruited that bad!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Unfortunately. I know they don't spend much but year after year. They gave up 20 freaking runs yesterday in the second game. That's a pinata.

Softball is off to a 5-3 start. They landed some really good recruits the past couple years.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP Spring Ball starts this Friday.

The Spring Game is scheduled for Wednesday, April 21. It will be open to the public.

It appears from the posted schedule there are no plans to practice with another team.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by BADinPA View Post

Glad to hear you are on a list. On March 5 I received my second jab

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Just because you got the vaccine doesn't mean you can't get it still and you can still spread it to others!!!
    True. I'm fully aware of that. Plus, I live in the state of Texas which can definitely be hazardous to your health.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Just because you got the vaccine doesn't mean you can't get it still and you can still spread it to others!!!

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by BADinPA View Post

I got my 2nd one on 2/26 so I'm almost at full strength. Now I can worry about regular life stuff like getting a colonoscopy.

Leave a comment:

• BADinPA
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X