Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk On U is running commercials on Philly local TV…I doubt anyone else has a commercial…

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
      Walk On U is running commercials on Philly local TV…I doubt anyone else has a commercial…
      I've seen Millersville commercials on Harrisburg area stations.

Comment

Walk On U is running commercials on Philly local TV…I doubt anyone else has a commercial…
        They've been doing that for a long time. Not to mention the radio bombardment and billboards. A case could be made that the advertising has played a key role, spurring their enrollment growth.

Comment

• Harbinger of things to come?

https://therecord-online.com/site/archives/103849

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
            Paywall blocks even the headline.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Paywall blocks even the headline.
              Really? There is no paywall for that publication. It's free. It must be blocked for some other reason.

It's about the Commonwealth University band, comprised of Mansfield, Lock Haven, and Bloomsburg students, performing at a New Year's Day parade in London. Has a video and everything but it's Commonwealth University of Pennsylvania. Altogether as one.
              Last edited by iupgroundhog; 01-01-2024, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Really? There is no paywall for that publication. It's free. It must be blocked for some other reason.

It's about the Commonwealth University band, comprised of Mansfield, Lock Haven, and Bloomsburg students, performing at a New Year's Day parade in London. Has a video and everything but it's Commonwealth University of Pennsylvania. Altogether as one.
                Downingtown East and West combine as one band for at least parades..not sure what they do for football games since each school has a team.

Comment

Rock's band is also in London.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Rock's band is also in London.
                    Ship's went to Prague in November.

Comment

• West Chester did not disappoint with the props in their Rose Bowl parade appearance

Comment

West Chester did not disappoint with the props in their Rose Bowl parade appearance
                        How did I miss them? I was watching. I was in the 1996 Rose Bowl parade. Great game - Arizona State & Ohio State back when it was still Pac 10 and Big Ten.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Ship's went to Prague in November.
                          It's really great that all of these PASSHE bands had a fabulous opportunity to perform in venues around the world. But that is not what my original post was about. For the record, it was about the integration (and branding) of the Commonwealth University band. Besides the fact that the release said it was from Mansfield, PA there was no distinction between the 3 campuses involved.

Today I see the article below (copied to avoid a paywall). This is the branding. It's officially Commonwealth University. This is how the school is being presented to the outside world. It's full-on integration. It is the plan and, for the sake of argument in this thread, it's light years ahead of any integration taking place at PennWest.

Also, for the record, the Sport Management is an LHU-dominant program. Thus, it follows that students from all 3 campuses benefit from the integration.

As Walter Cronkite might say, that's the way it is, January 2, 2024.

Commonwealth University Sport Management students network at annual RMU conference

COMMUNITY
                          JAN 2, 2024
                          FROM STAFF REPORTS

PHOTOS PROVIDED Commonwealth University Sport Management students recently attended Robert Morris University’s annual Career Summit to learn from and network with sport business professionals.

PHOTOS PROVIDED
                          Commonwealth University Sport Management students recently attended Robert Morris University’s annual Career Summit to learn from and network with sport business professionals.

LOCK HAVEN — Sixteen sport management students from Commonwealth University Lock Haven and Bloomsburg campuses attended the 20th annual Robert Morris University (RMU) Sport Management Career Summit in November.

RMU’s annual conference provides students with the opportunity to learn from and network with sport business professionals. Each year, Lock Haven students leave the summit with valuable connections and some with internships or job opportunities. Representatives from more than 40 sport organizations were in attendance, including Lock Haven alumni Angelo Hronis ’18 with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Dr. David Synowka, recently retired Robert Morris University sport management professor, established the conference in 2003. During the opening ceremony, Synowka urged students to identify how they would get their dream job and why they were the right candidate for the job. “The summit is about the how and the why, and the people who helped along the way,” Synowka said.

The students in attendance were Lock Haven students Nadia Baskot, of Damascus, Md.; Jakob Bower, of Williamsport; Lucca Capparelli, of Port Matilda; Abigail Hampson, of Adamstown, Md.; Derek Hughes, of Lock Haven; Nita Imeri, of Montgomery; Abigail Katrinak, of Strongsville, Ohio; Deegan MacLeod, of New Cumberland; Austin Melius, of Bellefonte; Erin Ondik, of Bechtelsville; Hannah Possinger, of East Stroudsburg; Joshua Torrens, of Pottstown; Benjamin Walter, of Easton; Emma Williams, of Garnet Valley; and Dylan Young, of Pleasant Gap, and Jason Yeick, of Catawissa, from the Bloomsburg campus.

“The Robert Morris University Student Summit was nothing short of exciting,” Hughes said. “Our students displayed excellent communication skills while gaining meaningful connections with future employers.”

The students were accompanied by sport management faculty, Dr. Peter Campbell and Professor Bridget Roun. The faculty urge upperclassmen to take advantage of these opportunities to help kickstart their careers.

“There are some things that cannot be taught in the classroom,” Roun said. “Students must also gain knowledge by attending these conferences, networking with professionals and working hands-on in the industry.”

For more information about the sport management program at Commonwealth University and to learn about other experiential learning opportunities for students, visit www.lockhaven.edu/sportadmin/ or contact Campbell, coordinator of the sport management program, at [email protected].

Comment

• I asked someone at Commonwealth and it was described as Mansfield got the invitation before integration then was able to negotiate that the bands from the other campuses could participate. This person suspected it helped because not enough students from Mansfield were able to afford the trip. Unsure if that's accurate but it makes sense if true. It looks like they're wearing Mansfield gear though.

Comment

I asked someone at Commonwealth and it was described as Mansfield got the invitation before integration then was able to negotiate that the bands from the other campuses could participate. This person suspected it helped because not enough students from Mansfield were able to afford the trip. Unsure if that's accurate but it makes sense if true. It looks like they're wearing Mansfield gear though.
                              That sounds realistic. I'm glad to see somebody else is digesting this because to me it's really significant. Not to belabor the point but I'm referring to the branding. Branding = Identity. It's very significant.

Also, I didn't google every student but I think all but the Catawissa student are LH students, yet it is still a contingent from Commonwealth University. Just shows how things are evolving there (and there and there).

Like most interested parties, I think, I hope that the unification doesn't become the norm in athletics.

Comment

How did I miss them? I was watching. I was in the 1996 Rose Bowl parade. Great game - Arizona State & Ohio State back when it was still Pac 10 and Big Ten.
                                Check my Facebook feed..I posted two videos of it. I’ll see if it’s up in YouTube. later..can post it on here.

They were impressive marching on the route and their props were on point.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X