Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I would note that the students that vote for no increases in student fees but still want the Disney Grand level amenities are not boomers, they are Generation Z which is often referred to as the entitled generation.

You want a fun exercise, interview a Gen Z for an entry level position and ask them what their minimum salary requirements are!!!! ALWAYS good for a laugh!
    Then you should be posting a salary range. You get fewer applicants but then you waste less time. If my career path didn't require extensive background checks and clearances, there would have been a few job searches that ended in me punching the hiring manager because we wasted so much of my time and they had an unrealistic salary. And I work in a field that takes some extensive experience to make six figures. If you want to require a college degree for an entry level job, be prepared to pay enough considering the student loan debt necessary to earn that degree.

My favorite exercise is telling Boomers and Gen Xers who spoiled their kids. They did!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Then you should be posting a salary range. You get fewer applicants but then you waste less time. If my career path didn't require extensive background checks and clearances, there would have been a few job searches that ended in me punching the hiring manager because we wasted so much of my time and they had an unrealistic salary. And I work in a field that takes some extensive experience to make six figures. If you want to require a college degree for an entry level job, be prepared to pay enough considering the student loan debt necessary to earn that degree.

My favorite exercise is telling Boomers and Gen Xers who spoiled their kids. They did!
      Oh the starting salary range was well published. But I guess that they didn't think it really applied to them.

Comment

Necessary?

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Necessary?
          Yep. Average debt for a long undergraduate is $33,000 and change. On a 10 year repayment that's about $700 a month. That means for every kid whose parents pay the full freight there's someone who had to borrow over $60k. But Lean Six Sigma and Black Belt doesn't support paying an attractive wage and it also cuts into the quarterly dividend for the board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Just want to emphasize the bold. That's all.
            So now it's the "Right Boomer" thing? Whatever. As a boomer I shared restroom facilities with the 49 other guys in my dorm corridor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

So now it's the "Right Boomer" thing? Whatever. As a boomer I shared restroom facilities with the 49 other guys in my dorm corridor.
              What I've found is that people who refer to "boomers" negatively, just based on being a boomer, usually have no idea what "boomer" means.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

So did Gen X and getting hot water for a shower was never guaranteed either.

Esch Hall was 13 years old when I moved there in 1984 and it was the college dorm version of tenement living.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

So did Gen X and getting hot water for a shower was never guaranteed either.

Esch Hall was 13 years old when I moved there in 1984 and it was the college dorm version of tenement living.
                  "No matter how you get here or where you end up, human beings have this miraculous gift to make that place home."

Creed Bratton

Comment

• Lol.

The cold showers sucked!!

Surprisingly that was never an issue for the 3 years I lived in Oakland Hall. Bathrooms were always clean too..

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

What I've found is that people who refer to "boomers" negatively, just based on being a boomer, usually have no idea what "boomer" means.
                      Oh I'm familiar as a Gen Xer.

Comment

If you were born in 1982...it makes you a Millennial Elder.

:-)

Comment

I'm an older millennial. I just can't stand when the boomer generation starts going off on the current generation that they raised. They created the problem, whether they want to believe or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

If you were born in 1982...it makes you a Millennial Elder.

:-)
                            Correct. Xennial to some. I identify Gen X regardless of my year of birth.

Comment

Correct. Xennial to some. I identify Gen X regardless of my year of birth.
                              If we've learned nothing, it's that you can "self identify" as whatever you want and then demand that everyone treat you as that! I self identify as a 25 year old woman with three children born out of wedlock who just lost her job...I plan on applying for AFDC, WIC and subsidized housing today and I'm enrolling in college and demanding a scollarship on the womans Lacrosse team.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

If we've learned nothing, it's that you can "self identify" as whatever you want and then demand that everyone treat you as that! I self identify as a 25 year old woman with three children born out of wedlock who just lost her job...I plan on applying for AFDC, WIC and subsidized housing today and I'm enrolling in college and demanding a scollarship on the womans Lacrosse team.
                                LOL touche. My point is that I grew up with older friends & siblings who were Gen X so most of my attitudes and experiences are more similar to Gen X than someone born 5 years after me.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X