Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

keep in mind that many students transfer to main campus, and that they provide alot of extension classes to part timers. So there is more to the numbers than shown here. I suppose they will also close some down eventually, or combine facilities with local community colleges, or some other institution.
    Its a decreasing amount of students transferring to University Park. If a program can be completed online, the students can do all four years at their local branch. I can't seem to find the hard numbers but they are no longer designed to be transfer machines. Part of this is because the University Park faculty really hated dealing with the clearly different level of student.

Comment

• Some news out of Ohio...

Eastern Gateway Community College outside of Steubenville is closing. This place was accused of using diploma mill tactics and financial impropriety.

Bluffton University is merging with University of Findlay. They're both private Christian schools in the same metro, but Bluffton is a small (~1,000 students) Mennonite affiliated school so I imagine that has a limited appeal. Their two most notable alumni are Hugh Downs and Phyllis Diller.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        Some news out of Ohio...

Eastern Gateway Community College outside of Steubenville is closing. This place was accused of using diploma mill tactics and financial impropriety.

Bluffton University is merging with University of Findlay. They're both private Christian schools in the same metro, but Bluffton is a small (~1,000 students) Mennonite affiliated school so I imagine that has a limited appeal. Their two most notable alumni are Hugh Downs and Phyllis Diller.
        I didn't have Phyllis Diller as an alumni from a Mennonite school on my bingo card.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I didn't have Phyllis Diller as an alumni from a Mennonite school on my bingo card.
          Who is Phyllis Diller? Ok, I'm just trying to act like I'm not a Boomer.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Who is Phyllis Diller? Ok, I'm just trying to act like I'm not a Boomer.
            Her flamboyance and being a female comedy pioneer was the opposite of being a Mennonite..

Comment

• PA Government Top earners

10. Bashar Hanna: $439,630 Commonwealth
              9. Michael Driscoll: $459,336 IUP
              8. Christopher Fiorentino: $459, 870 WCU

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/new...outputType=amp

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post
                PA Government Top earners

10. Bashar Hanna: $439,630 Commonwealth
                9. Michael Driscoll: $459,336 IUP
                8. Christopher Fiorentino: $459, 870 WCU

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/new...outputType=amp
                I forgot the Bow Tie has been at IUP for a while.

Comment

• Today the PASSHE board approved a $6 million loan to keep Cheyney afloat.

Comment

• Also, some details on the coaches contract came out:

4% across the board pay increase retroactive to July 1. Another across the board 2.5% COL increase on April 1.

Minimum salary for full time head coach is $45,000. Minimum salary for full-time assistant coach is $40,000, which raises to $47,500 and $42,500 in 2026.

At the recommendation of the head coach, a full-time part-time assistant coach may be given the title “Associate Head Coach" for no additional duties, compensation, or benefits.

The president/designee may grant rollover contracts and annual extensions for a combined total of between 3 and 6 years for head coaches and 2 and 4 years for assistant coaches. Still no idea on what the standard term is for that initial contract. I've been told 1 year, 3 years, and 5 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                      Today the PASSHE board approved a $6 million loan to keep Cheyney afloat.
                      ;)

Comment

• Bloom, Lock Haven, and Mansfield reduced five college deans on each campus to three overall. There were deans at each campus for health, business, arts, education, and science. Now there are College of Health, Science and Technology led by Bloom's dean, College of Arts, Humanities, Education, and Social Sciences led by Lock Haven dean, and Zeigler College of Business led by Bloomsburg dean. Some other administrators are out, and most current deans will become associates and go back to classroom if they stay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post
                          Bloom, Lock Haven, and Mansfield reduced five college deans on each campus to three overall. There were deans at each campus for health, business, arts, education, and science. Now there are College of Health, Science and Technology led by Bloom's dean, College of Arts, Humanities, Education, and Social Sciences led by Lock Haven dean, and Zeigler College of Business led by Bloomsburg dean. Some other administrators are out, and most current deans will become associates and go back to classroom if they stay.
                          Is that a bad thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Is that a bad thing?
                            Kind of a good news bad news there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X