Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He doesn't have to say a freaking thing.
    Oh okay

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Oh okay
      Email him and ask him. He'll probably answer. Not sure what else D2 coaches do all summer. The rest is speculation.

Comment

Email him and ask him. He'll probably answer. Not sure what else D2 coaches do all summer. The rest is speculation.
        He didn't have to answer but he was asked and he did answer.

Comment

He doesn't have to say a freaking thing.
          Probably a good thing for the program that Tort didn't see it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Probably a good thing for the program that Tort didn't see it that way.
            Point is this isn't like some major college football town where there's actual media scrutiny, pressure, etc. I'd venture to say about 99% of Indiana and 95% of IUP could care less if they play 10 games or 11 games ... and won't know the difference either way. It's a hot topic on here (in June with nothing else to talk about) but that's about the only place.

I think they'll regret it, but, my opinion doesn't mean a thing. The only advantage I see is they'll get to see Kutztown on film prior to their game. Assumption will put up enough of a fight that Kutztown will have to show some things. IUP can keep the QB under wraps until kickoff so they'll have to prepare for two very different players. Those are the positives.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Of the IUP "message board hacks" who have weighed in, before Tort weighed in, most wanted an extra game. Once he gave his dodge answer, almost everyone fell in line defending him. If they couldn't find someone with a good SOS to play, then say it. If they need to be tight with spending this year, then say that. If he wants to decrease the risk of injury by 10%, then say it. I guess IUP paid him $120k to have Zoom check-ins with players and his staff.
              There are risks to playing that 11th game. There are risks to not playing that 11th game. It's interesting how everybody wants to tell IUP how to run their football program.

All of the reasons you cited are legitimate reasons not to schedule an 11th game. There isn't any reason for him to get into further specifics.

It looks like the decision has been made and all interested parties just have to live with it and we'll see how it all works out.

Comment

Point is this isn't like some major college football town where there's actual media scrutiny, pressure, etc. I'd venture to say about 99% of Indiana and 95% of IUP could care less if they play 10 games or 11 games ... and won't know the difference either way. It's a hot topic on here (in June with nothing else to talk about) but that's about the only place.

I think they'll regret it, but, my opinion doesn't mean a thing. The only advantage I see is they'll get to see Kutztown on film prior to their game. Assumption will put up enough of a fight that Kutztown will have to show some things. IUP can keep the QB under wraps until kickoff so they'll have to prepare for two very different players. Those are the positives.
                After seeing K-town play in that 1st week, IUP might find that they don't even have to show too much against the Bears going into the Shepherd showdown. Like I said before, there are too many unknown variables.

Comment

Wouldn't they get to see Kutztown on film even if IUP had a game?

Comment

If you consider the number of injuries occurring in MLB in the (almost) post-COVID world, there isn't any reason not to think the same could happen in d2 college football. That's one thing. IUP might have the last laugh on this topic.

(Not that injuries are funny but it could be a bigger than usual factor)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Wouldn't they get to see Kutztown on film even if IUP had a game?
                      Yes, plus I'm sure they'll send a contingent to the game to watch them in person. You pick up a lot in person that you don't see on film. It will give them a nice jump start to week prep.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                        If you consider the number of injuries occurring in MLB in the (almost) post-COVID world, there isn't any reason not to think the same could happen in d2 college football. That's one thing. IUP might have the last laugh on this topic.

(Not that injuries are funny but it could be a bigger than usual factor)
                        MLB injuries are out of control. My goodness.

Comment

There are risks to playing that 11th game. There are risks to not playing that 11th game. It's interesting how everybody wants to tell IUP how to run their football program.

All of the reasons you cited are legitimate reasons not to schedule an 11th game. There isn't any reason for him to get into further specifics.

It looks like the decision has been made and all interested parties just have to live with it and we'll see how it all works out.
                          I'm in favor of everyone playing a full schedule, especially when there are only 11 opportunities to play. But I'm also in favor of straight answers. I'm not saying Tort dodged the question at all. I just wish it was a straightforward reason.

Comment

I'm in favor of everyone playing a full schedule, especially when there are only 11 opportunities to play.
                            Then change the rules.

Comment

Then change the rules.
                              It doesn't need a rule change. If they *couldn't* schedule a game, then say that and say why. If they *wouldn't* then say that too.

Comment

I'm in favor of everyone playing a full schedule, especially when there are only 11 opportunities to play. But I'm also in favor of straight answers. I'm not saying Tort dodged the question at all. I just wish it was a straightforward reason.
                                IUP fans and non-fans alike can roll their eyes but IUP has always believed there are 16 opportunities to play.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X