Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

It doesn't need a rule change. If they *couldn't* schedule a game, then say that and say why. If they *wouldn't* then say that too.
    Ok. I guess we have our wouldn't/couldn't/ shouldn't but all that matters is "didn't."

When these other schools have as many PO appearances as IUP then maybe they would have more standing to criticize IUP's scheduling.

Comment

It doesn't need a rule change. If they *couldn't* schedule a game, then say that and say why. If they *wouldn't* then say that too.
      Speaking of rules, are we seeing a post-pandemic de facto IUP Rule? i.e. you gotta play 11 in '21 like everybody else, it's not fair, it's not smart, it just ain't right.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Ok. I guess we have our wouldn't/couldn't/ shouldn't but all that matters is "didn't."

When these other schools have as many PO appearances as IUP then maybe they would have more standing to criticize IUP's scheduling.
        Ohhh okay. Didn't realize IUP gets its own rules.

Comment

Speaking of rules, are we seeing a post-pandemic de facto IUP Rule? i.e. you gotta play 11 in '21 like everybody else, it's not fair, it's not smart, it just ain't right.
          Coach Tort, is that you? You seem to really take this personally.

Comment

Relax, dude, I'm just fooling around. I would point out that it's not me complaining about it.

Comment

GVSU paid Edinboro something like $65k plus travel assistance (I believe discounted hotel rooms) to play them for 3 years. So Edinboro while an unlikely playoff contender gets a nice SOS boost and a big donation.
              Yeah ... but Edinboro is said tomato can in this situation. Edinboro signed up for three beatings.

GVSU wasn't paying IUP or SRU $65k for a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Yeah ... but Edinboro is said tomato can in this situation. Edinboro signed up for three beatings.

GVSU wasn't paying IUP or SRU $65k for a game.
                Not much different than if IUP had ever achieved the "Penn State by 78/88/98" wet dreams and took their drubbings for a paycheck.

Comment

Maybe. I'm not going to say if it is or isn't.

Comment

IUP fans and non-fans alike can roll their eyes but IUP has always believed there are 16 opportunities to play.
                    OK, I'll play.

Look, PSAC. IUP is preparing for its annual national-championship season!

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

OK, I'll play.

Look, PSAC. IUP is preparing for its annual national-championship season!
                      You guys talk more about IUP than your own teams. LOL.

Comment

• Yes, IUP owns prime real estate in our heads. That ranks No. 2 in message-board comebacks behind references to sheep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Shepherd owns IUP, there is no hate for the little brother.

Shepherd routinely played 2-3 OOC games every year up until conference expansion. Expansion took away Ship and the scheduling constraints/travel to add the 11th in some years just didn't make sense. I can tell you the fan base preferred the 11th game, and so did the players. Sometimes it happened, sometimes it didn't. All I know is Shepherd also took a look at their schedule and decided to add a pretty tough opponent in ODU to play at the start of the season. That's with having Kutztown, West Chester, IUP, Slippery Rock already on the docket and starting the season with 3 straight road games.

Comment

Comment

Ohhh okay. Didn't realize IUP gets its own rules.
                              We are the exception to the rule.

Comment

• Fortunately Earned Access is no more

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X