Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pittsburgh is a pretty safe city. That said, the area between Duquesne and Pitt is pretty rough. You wouldn't want to walk from The Bluff to Oakland under any circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Pittsburgh is a pretty safe city. That said, the area between Duquesne and Pitt is pretty rough. You wouldn't want to walk from The Bluff to Oakland under any circumstances.

Comment

Since Covid is spiking again in Western PA ... anybody know what the procedure is for D2 testing this season?

Comment

Since Covid is spiking again in Western PA ... anybody know what the procedure is for D2 testing this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

LMAO. Youngsters. But what about the youth? lol

You clearly haven't been in downtown Erie at night anytime recently and I don't mean staying at the Sheraton on the Bayfront or in Millcreek/Summit Townships. Its a ghost town. Showing an HDR photo of the Bayfront is also like showing an HDR photo of the Pittsburgh skyline and saying the area surrounding Duquesne University is vibrant.

Bars for 21+ - very, very little for those in the first three years of school. Driving from Gannon to shopping on upper Peach is a nightmare.

Let me know when students are excited about being close to the main library. Proximity to the hospitals absolutely if they're in a health major. I do know that's a big draw for students at Carlow, Duquesne, and Pitt.

I'm teasing you of course.
            Think you do not the place as I do.
            Lived there a few yrs. My daughter works at UPMC-Hamot downtown (7PM to 7AM). Parks downtown, never heard her say once she felt unsafe. I do visit her once a month so I have a good idea of what's going on.
            170 new market rate apts at 5th & State, new food hall under const N Park Row also 9,000 sq ft grocer moving into N Park row
            2 New multi use bldgs under const + hidden 350 car park at 5th & State & 5th & French sts. A 3 story rock climbing center (ASCEND)in the 5th & State bldg.
            Now renting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZQu6zaQVks

GU only lost 193 students due to covid ( 93 were foreign) currently bldg new res dorm 8th & Sass. Opened last yr 26M Cyber School.
            V-Net moved Hdq downtown, Value Momentum 100 new tech Reg Hdq bought Downtown bldg.
            Not to mention recent Erie Ins $135M HDQ, UPMC's $100M addition, McGee Women's Research institute moving into Erie,
            $26M upgrade to Warner Performing Arts Center. 13 new Art sculptures going in (only 2 local) Downtown Arts & Culture Walk

Don't think you've been there for awhile. Lot of good things happening
            That said I'm done waving the Erie flag :)

God Bless all & pray for an injury free season for all sports athletes.

Comment

The unvaccinated, or people who have not received even one dose of a vaccine, currently total about 5.6 billion of the ~8 billion human beings on earth. That's a lot of people to be mad at.

Comment

The other scary thing (total sports point of view) is vaccinated MLB players are still testing positive and being shut down for 10 days.

Just recently Brewers' stars Christian Yelich and Josh Hader. Both were vaccinated.

These college towns will be nuts. Lot of steam for these kids to let off. If they are testing weekly ... I think we will see numerous players out each game.

Hate to say it, but, ....

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

The unvaccinated, or people who have not received even one dose of a vaccine, currently total about 5.6 billion of the ~8 billion human beings on earth. That's a lot of people to be mad at.
                  But the vaccine is widely available in the US. It should not be spiking in this country. The Death Cult or what many call the GOP sabotaged people getting vaccinated by making it some perverse badge of honor not to get them and now we are paying the price.

Comment

The other scary thing (total sports point of view) is vaccinated MLB players are still testing positive and being shut down for 10 days.

Just recently Brewers' stars Christian Yelich and Josh Hader. Both were vaccinated.

These college towns will be nuts. Lot of steam for these kids to let off. If they are testing weekly ... I think we will see numerous players out each game.

Hate to say it, but, ....

Comment

That's why I said 'from a sports point of view' ...

You're right, they aren't getting very sick. But, from that sports point of view, their team is without two starts for a mandatory 10 days.

Unfortunately, coaches are going to have some sleepless nights if they are going to test constantly this year. We could see some teams minus 10 players just like that.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

But the vaccine is widely available in the US. It should not be spiking in this country. The Death Cult or what many call the GOP sabotaged people getting vaccinated by making it some perverse badge of honor not to get them and now we are paying the price.
                        Correct. They have become reactionary to everything. They only reject stuff, even if it can save their life.

Comment

Correct. They have become reactionary to everything. They only reject stuff, even if it can save their life.
                          Well, deep blue Philadelphia county is one of the least covered in the state, while Deep red Sulivan county is the most covered in the state -other Red countys like McKean and Warren are also well covered. The narrative isn't exactly correct. Older people are getting vaxed, https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/dis...Dashboard.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Well, deep blue Philadelphia county is one of the least covered in the state, while Deep red Sulivan county is the most covered in the state -other Red countys like McKean and Warren are also well covered. The narrative isn't exactly correct. Older people are getting vaxed, https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/dis...Dashboard.aspx
                            Yeah, I was actually looking at those numbers the other day and I thought it had to be a typo for Philly. That is inexplicable. On a national level, the contrast between the parties is stark

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

The dashboard for PA isn't accurate for Philadelphia County. It doesn't count vaccinations from city-run clinics (the majority given). The table in the link below is up to date for Philly. The vaccination rate is pretty high.
                              https://www.phila.gov/programs/coron.../data/vaccine/

Comment

I just don't understand the narrative. I'm conservative, as is most of my family. We're all vaccinated. We all got it the first chance we could get it. Two of my cousins are about as far-left as they come, and they are refusing the vaccine more than any other person I know. In fact, one of them said, "I'm not going to let the government decide what I have to do." Most people that I know who have outright refused to get the vaccine are minorities, anti-Trumps, or democrat voters.

The broad brush being painted here is absurd. There's a lot of people not vaccinated. Not all are Republicans.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X