Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to stir up a political rampage on this thread ... was just curious how frequent (assuming there will be testing) testing will occur in the D2 ranks in the Fall sports semester.

If they are testing ... it no doubt will be an issue for some teams (probably most).

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I just don't understand the narrative. I'm conservative, as is most of my family. We're all vaccinated. We all got it the first chance we could get it. Two of my cousins are about as far-left as they come, and they are refusing the vaccine more than any other person I know. In fact, one of them said, "I'm not going to let the government decide what I have to do." Most people that I know who have outright refused to get the vaccine are minorities, anti-Trumps, or democrat voters.

The broad brush being painted here is absurd. There's a lot of people not vaccinated. Not all are Republicans.
      It's not a broad brush. It's fact. I'm not going to look up statistics because this is something everybody knows.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

It's not a broad brush. It's fact. I'm not going to look up statistics because this is something everybody knows.
        Frankly, it's not my job or concern to decipher who is or isn't vaccinated. You're generalizing. You responded to a derogatory post regarding Republicans and said: " They have become reactionary to everything. They only reject stuff, even if it can save their life." We can agree to disagree on whether that's painting with a broad brush. There's a lot of people unvaccinated. Not all are conservatives. I'm just moving on from the conversation.

I'd like to concern myself with football. We can finally talk about that now. So I'm interested in talking about that, not disagreeing on political soapboxes. To the original point, I'm also intrigued on what the policies will be regarding the PSAC and testing.

If Duane Brown is or isn't vaxed isn't my concern. But I'd like to know if he's vaccinated and entirely symptom free, what the PSAC's stance is regarding testing/protocol on that.
        Last edited by IUP24; 08-03-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That's why I said 'from a sports point of view' ...

You're right, they aren't getting very sick. But, from that sports point of view, their team is without two starts for a mandatory 10 days.

Unfortunately, coaches are going to have some sleepless nights if they are going to test constantly this year. We could see some teams minus 10 players just like that.
          Mask up and get the team vaccinated..just a few extra hurdles to get over..

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Well, deep blue Philadelphia county is one of the least covered in the state, while Deep red Sulivan county is the most covered in the state -other Red countys like McKean and Warren are also well covered. The narrative isn't exactly correct. Older people are getting vaxed, https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/dis...Dashboard.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Frankly, it's not my job or concern to decipher who is or isn't vaccinated. You're generalizing. You responded to a derogatory post regarding Republicans and said: " They have become reactionary to everything. They only reject stuff, even if it can save their life." We can agree to disagree on whether that's painting with a broad brush. There's a lot of people unvaccinated. Not all are conservatives. I'm just moving on from the conversation.

I'd like to concern myself with football. We can finally talk about that now. So I'm interested in talking about that, not disagreeing on political soapboxes. To the original point, I'm also intrigued on what the policies will be regarding the PSAC and testing.

If Duane Brown is or isn't vaxed isn't my concern. But I'd like to know if he's vaccinated and entirely symptom free, what the PSAC's stance is regarding testing/protocol on that.
              I think everything is evolving quite rapidly. A lot of college planning takes months and just a few weeks ago everything seemed like we should be achieving normalcy by Labor Day. Unfortunately its starting to look & sound a lot like last fall.

I am curious about PSAC protocol. PASSHE as an extension of the state can't mandate anything but can create & enforce policy that aligns with CDC guidelines (masking indoors, incentivizing vaccination, distancing guidelines, enhanced sanitation, etc). Schools may find themselves in a bind this fall - a lot of students & families signed up for what sounded like business as usual. From what I've seen, Homecoming participation from alumni is exploding everywhere. At Edinboro, all local hotels sold out in the late winter, the Homecoming golf outing is already sold out, and the school is renting spare dorm space for the weekend. Its going to be nuts - and possibly scary if the variant doesn't get contained.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think everything is evolving quite rapidly. A lot of college planning takes months and just a few weeks ago everything seemed like we should be achieving normalcy by Labor Day. Unfortunately its starting to look & sound a lot like last fall.

I am curious about PSAC protocol. PASSHE as an extension of the state can't mandate anything but can create & enforce policy that aligns with CDC guidelines (masking indoors, incentivizing vaccination, distancing guidelines, enhanced sanitation, etc). Schools may find themselves in a bind this fall - a lot of students & families signed up for what sounded like business as usual. From what I've seen, Homecoming participation from alumni is exploding everywhere. At Edinboro, all local hotels sold out in the late winter, the Homecoming golf outing is already sold out, and the school is renting spare dorm space for the weekend. Its going to be nuts - and possibly scary if the variant doesn't get contained.
                MLB is getting lit up with COVID positive tests.

Several more today. Sick or not ... automatic 10 days removed.

The other sports (including us) will unfortunately be no different -- likely worse, in fact.

It's awfully hard to keep Joe Football away from Sorority gals.

Comment

My office was planning to move from fully remote to 3 days a week in office starting after Labor Day. That's probably getting pushed back.

Comment

100 percent agree. Try to tell that to the anti-vaxers. They say they don't want to take a shot that was rushed in 1 year, but this vaccine has been in the works since 2005 since SARS broke out. SARS is a coronovirus,

Comment

Why do all the daily posters come from the west?

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                        A suspicious amount of free time !?!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

MLB is getting lit up with COVID positive tests.

Several more today. Sick or not ... automatic 10 days removed.

The other sports (including us) will unfortunately be no different -- likely worse, in fact.

It's awfully hard to keep Joe Football away from Sorority gals.
                          The real question will be if they are required to randomly test at all. Depending how they test there are a fair number of false positives, as well as asymptomatic cases that really aren't infectuous.

Last fall there was a significant number of the athletes that had covid, so there might not be as many cases as last year when the students come back and start mixing. November flu season is when we will be at risk.

Comment

[QUOTE=Fightingscot82;n589367]

The final results from 2019 are probably fairly indicative of how things will go this year. I gave Slip the edge because while they and IUP are going to have new QBs, it sounds like Slip's will have been around longer. In the East, I think Shepherd is ready to push for the top spot over Kutztown and West Chester.[/QUOTE/]

With most teams adding almost half of their roster in one camp, every coach will be scrambling to evaluate all of that extra talent. The team that comes together fastest will have an edge. Look for the teams with the most upperclassmen to lead the pack.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                              Because IUP controls everything. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

100 percent agree. Try to tell that to the anti-vaxers. They say they don't want to take a shot that was rushed in 1 year, but this vaccine has been in the works since 2005 since SARS broke out. SARS is a coronovirus,
                                You don't have a clue! Quit making stuff up!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X