Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They've always landed some decent recruits to their program, but it never has seemed to translate into wins. With a new coach, it's certainly possible.

Comment

Urban Campus = lots of internships & activities museums Main library major hospital pro Sports teams Concerts downtown activities restaurants & yes bars & music for those 21. Lots of youngsters like the downtown action.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Night Bayfront.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.7 KB ID:	589355Click image for larger version  Name:	Night Bayfront.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.7 KB ID:	589356

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        Coaches poll will be released on Wednesday, August 4. Here's a place to predict, discuss, and argue about how we think the PSAC West will finish.

My prediction:
        1. Slippery Rock
        2. Indiana
        3. California
        4, 5, 6, 7: some combination of Clarion, Edinboro, Gannon, and Mercyhurst
        8. Seton Hill
        Honestly, who knows what anyone has right now. Most teams will have something like 40 new kids on campus this Fall...Training camps will tell the coaches what they have, but you'd have to be at every one to get a feel of what these teams will look like. Really bold to go with Slippery Rock (kidding).

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
          Urban Campus = lots of internships & activities museums Main library major hospital pro Sports teams Concerts downtown activities restaurants & yes bars & music for those 21. Lots of youngsters like the downtown action.
          Click image for larger version Name:	Night Bayfront.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.7 KB ID:	589355Click image for larger version Name:	Night Bayfront.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.7 KB ID:	589356
          LMAO. Youngsters. But what about the youth? lol

You clearly haven't been in downtown Erie at night anytime recently and I don't mean staying at the Sheraton on the Bayfront or in Millcreek/Summit Townships. Its a ghost town. Showing an HDR photo of the Bayfront is also like showing an HDR photo of the Pittsburgh skyline and saying the area surrounding Duquesne University is vibrant.

Bars for 21+ - very, very little for those in the first three years of school. Driving from Gannon to shopping on upper Peach is a nightmare.

Let me know when students are excited about being close to the main library. Proximity to the hospitals absolutely if they're in a health major. I do know that's a big draw for students at Carlow, Duquesne, and Pitt.

I'm teasing you of course.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Honestly, who knows what anyone has right now. Most teams will have something like 40 new kids on campus this Fall...Training camps will tell the coaches what they have, but you'd have to be at every one to get a feel of what these teams will look like. Really bold to go with Slippery Rock (kidding).
            The final results from 2019 are probably fairly indicative of how things will go this year. I gave Slip the edge because while they and IUP are going to have new QBs, it sounds like Slip's will have been around longer. In the East, I think Shepherd is ready to push for the top spot over Kutztown and West Chester.

Comment

The final results from 2019 are probably fairly indicative of how things will go this year. I gave Slip the edge because while they and IUP are going to have new QBs, it sounds like Slip's will have been around longer. In the East, I think Shepherd is ready to push for the top spot over Kutztown and West Chester.

Don't be so sure about that ... their starting QB may be somebody nobody on here has mentioned. From what I've heard, that starting job is far from named.

Comment

LMAO. Youngsters. But what about the youth? lol

You clearly haven't been in downtown Erie at night anytime recently and I don't mean staying at the Sheraton on the Bayfront or in Millcreek/Summit Townships. Its a ghost town. Showing an HDR photo of the Bayfront is also like showing an HDR photo of the Pittsburgh skyline and saying the area surrounding Duquesne University is vibrant.

Bars for 21+ - very, very little for those in the first three years of school. Driving from Gannon to shopping on upper Peach is a nightmare.

Let me know when students are excited about being close to the main library. Proximity to the hospitals absolutely if they're in a health major. I do know that's a big draw for students at Carlow, Duquesne, and Pitt.

I'm teasing you of course.
                NAILED IT!!! Downtown Erie is a dump other than the shoreline. Anyone can photo shop a picture to make it look great. Get off that shore line a few blocks and you have nothing but a ghost town with homeless walking around everywhere. I won't even mention all the shootings and stabbings.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

NAILED IT!!! Downtown Erie is a dump other than the shoreline. Anyone can photo shop a picture to make it look great. Get off that shore line a few blocks and you have nothing but a ghost town with homeless walking around everywhere. I won't even mention all the shootings and stabbings.

I stayed up there for a basketball game a couple years ago. I remember the walk back to the hotel on a Saturday night was a little uneasy. It's not quite as scary as leaving the Duquesne campus at night but it's sketchy for sure.

Comment

And I like Erie. Its beautiful in the summer and has the personality of a HUGE small town. Its not hip or trendy but its a nice place. That said, downtown Erie is struggling like most cities its size. Retail & dining moved out to the suburbs within the last 30 years. Its a minor league town. It looks post-apocalytpic at night. It has nice pieces with nothing in between. Its unnerving walking from the Warner Theater after a show to the bars on State Street and back to the nicer hotels along the Bayfront. Uber makes that a bit easier.

Comment

And I like Erie. Its beautiful in the summer and has the personality of a HUGE small town. Its not hip or trendy but its a nice place. That said, downtown Erie is struggling like most cities its size. Retail & dining moved out to the suburbs within the last 30 years. Its a minor league town. It looks post-apocalytpic at night. It has nice pieces with nothing in between. Its unnerving walking from the Warner Theater after a show to the bars on State Street and back to the nicer hotels along the Bayfront. Uber makes that a bit easier.
                      The guy that posted that has been living in a cave for a long time. He still thinks Gumby is running around their basketball games like in the 80's.

Comment

From what I have been able to come up with as I have a history in the PSAC...
                        1. IUP---same as #2
                        2. SRU--could win it but its up to qb play
                        3. Cal U---potential to beat anyone
                        4. Mercyhurst--just too young, and 3 potential qb's means you don't have 1
                        5. Seton Hill--starting to improve
                        6. EUP---rebuilding a program with little athletic dept. support
                        7. Clarion---tough draw, questionable on who they are recruiting
                        8. Gannon--not much after def. line and an average QB

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
                          Click image for larger version Name:	Night Bayfront.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.7 KB ID:	589355Click image for larger version Name:	Night Bayfront.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.7 KB ID:	589356
                          You make it sound like it's the Great Lakes version of Austin, TX. I admire civic pride - I really do.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

My sentiments exactly. Every team is a question mark.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I stayed up there for a basketball game a couple years ago. I remember the walk back to the hotel on a Saturday night was a little uneasy. It's not quite as scary as leaving the Duquesne campus at night but it's sketchy for sure.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X