Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSAC West Predictions

Coaches poll will be released on Wednesday, August 4. Here's a place to predict, discuss, and argue about how we think the PSAC West will finish.

My prediction:
    1. Slippery Rock
    2. Indiana
    3. California
    4, 5, 6, 7: some combination of Clarion, Edinboro, Gannon, and Mercyhurst
    8. Seton Hill

1. IUP
    2. Mon Valley U
    3. Clarion
    4. Edinboro
    5. Mercyhurst
    6. Lit AF
    7. Seton Hill
    8. Slimey Pebble Cos **** them. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      Coaches poll will be released on Wednesday, August 4. Here's a place to predict, discuss, and argue about how we think the PSAC West will finish.

My prediction:
      1. Slippery Rock
      2. Indiana
      3. California
      8. Seton Hill
      Really going out on a limb with these West selections, FS82 (LOL). Gutsy picks! (sarcasm)

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Really going out on a limb with these West selections, FS82 (LOL). Gutsy picks! (sarcasm)
        Honestly, 1 & 2 could go either way the only unknowns are just how impactful transfers will be. I think Cal will be the third best of the better teams in the West. Seton Hill is still very new in a place that doesn't support football. I don't see them coming out of the basement without a middle of the pack team experiencing a disaster.

In the East, I think Shepherd has been around long enough to learn how to come out on top.

Comment

Honestly, 1 & 2 could go either way the only unknowns are just how impactful transfers will be. I think Cal will be the third best of the better teams in the West. Seton Hill is still very new in a place that doesn't support football. I don't see them coming out of the basement without a middle of the pack team experiencing a disaster.

In the East, I think Shepherd has been around long enough to learn how to come out on top.
          True. Basically, in the west, you can say the same thing every year. It will be interesting to see who the coaches pick (on both sides of the state).

I just hope everybody has been vaccinated.

Comment

Just for the fun of it name ONE team, from the East and the West, that will be the biggest surprise. The surprise can be either good or bad. My clearly sentimental choice will be my VULCANS winning the West purely on Mitchell living up to the hype while the other QBs don't quite synch up. In the East, it feels like a big hill to climb for SHEPHERD playing ODU, IUP and KUTZ in the first four weeks with two on the road. They could play well and still be 2-2 in September. Both of these will be BIG SURPRISES, but certainly not impossible.

Comment

http://www.indianagazette.com
              www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

And the odds on that bet would be how looong ..??

Comment

1. Covid
                  2. vaccinated
                  3. fans
                  4. players
                  5. 5th year seniors
                  6. triad schools
                  7. unvaccinated

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                    1. Covid
                    2. vaccinated
                    3. fans
                    4. players
                    5. 5th year seniors
                    6. triad schools
                    7. unvaccinated
                    Bart wins.

Comment

My prediction:
                      1. Slippery Rock
                      2. Indiana
                      3. California
                      8. Seton Hill
                      Well my bias will show but those I keep in touch with, I expect Gannon to edge out Mercyhurst for the # 4 spot.
                      Maybe a yr or two before they can pull a surprise of the top 3.
                      They seem to come close to scare every yr save last yrs fiasco.
                      Good luck to all & most importantly may all have injury free seasons.

Comment

Not hard to disagree with since they finally got rid of that jackoff coach. Although, they did play a few games in the spring and didn't look so good.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

And the odds on that bet would be how looong ..??
                          http://www.indianagazette.com
                          www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Comment

Admission standards and academic rigor are in the same range. My neighbor got denied by Edinboro but is attending Gannon for nursing in the fall. She has a 3.0 and 1,000 SAT. Her parents couldn't believe it, especially that the cheaper school denied her. I actually think their challenge is managing the scholarship "money". There's a lot more of it in theory and in the west you have to outspend your competition. Managing coupon codes isn't the same as distributing real dollars. I do think Gannon is somewhat of a tough sell to a lot of kids. It's an urban campus in a sketchy part of a town that is eerily (NPI) dead on weekends. Plus Catholic isn't for everyone. The "Christmas, Easter, weddings, and funerals" crowd can manage a "Christian Lite" school like many private protestant schools. Mercyhurst at least looks and feels like a more traditional private. Seton Hill is basically built on a convent.

But I agree with Matt. Gannon has what no other PSAC school has. I'd also add a presence and/or something to sell in Florida.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X