Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PSAC East 2019

Getting Ship, Kutztown, and WCU all at home will definitely help. Bloomsburg is never a cakewalk even if they're not as strong as in the past, so that away game could wind up being interesting. 4-3 in the division is probably Shepherd's worst-case scenario, I don't see them losing to ESU, Millersville, or Lock Haven (I already shudder to think how many points we'll give up in that game). Kutztown-Shepherd is a heck of a way to kick off the division schedule, lotta points could be scored in that one.

Comment

1. WC
      2. Kutztown
      3. Shepherd
      4. Bloom
      5. Ship
      6. ESU
      7. LH
      8. Ville

Comment

Comment

You really should flash your credentials to make that declaration.

Comment

Comment

Head to head yes, but week after week is different. Next year ('20) after an OC game and GANNON, the RAMS will face IUP at home followed by KU and SHIP on the road. After a break for LHU and VILLE, they finish with@WCU, BLOOM at home and @SRU in 3 of the final 4.
              Those stretches that include games that are likely to be competitive can make or break your season. SHEP may sweep through but I would guess they'd be happy with 4-2 in those six games. Let's see how this year goes.

Comment

Hard to say. Shepherd will be just fine.

I think many here have a sour taste on the MEC in football after watching IUP clobber Charleston and Fairmont State (on their fields) in back to back years. They were both second in the MEC those years and, being honest, looked like Clarion.

But, the MEC has consistently had one big team per year. Notre Dame last season. Overall, the league depth in football is no comparison to the PSAC.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Hard to say. Shepherd will be just fine.

I think many here have a sour taste on the MEC in football after watching IUP clobber Charleston and Fairmont State (on their fields) in back to back years. They were both second in the MEC those years and, being honest, looked like Clarion.
                  I for one was reeled in like a big old catfish by the big juicy night crawlers of Charleston and Fairmont State who had nothing for IUP. Shepherd will do fine in the East and I think will be on of the top three East teams. In 2020, the schedule takes a bit of a harder turn with Lit AF aka St. Thugnasious aka Gannon and IUP visiting Shepherd for the 1st two in conference games - both at Shepherd. On Nov 24th, the are scheduled to make the trip to the Rock. Then in 2021, they have to travel to Lit AF and IUP for the first two conference games and have the Rock at home on Nov 24th. In both years, that's potentially two of the top three West teams. And it could set up a rematch game if IUP or Lit AF and Shepherd win their divisions. Even if Shepherd wins the division and the Rock or IUP doesn't, Shepherd would still have to take on the West top team which at this point would most likely be Cal. Therefore, if they can win the PSAC, then the debate of playing against week teams week after week is eliminated.

Comment

I recall two years ago ESU going down to Farimont State and beating them 20-16 in a year. I know any given Saturday and all that, but that was not a good ESU team, and FSU would go on to finish in the upper half of the MEC. Obviously the top teams out of that conference have proven to have success, but I've been skeptical of the bottom half of the conference since then.

Comment

So does it not count when Shepherd plays the top teams in the playoffs and wins?

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                        Might need an overnight stay at my sister's place in Hagerstown to get there early ...
                        Good old Hagas Vegas

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                          Might need an overnight stay at my sister's place in Hagerstown to get there early ...
                          Check out Shula's for dinner in Hagerstown ... good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                            So does it not count when Shepherd plays the top teams in the playoffs and wins?
                            To quote Patrick Swayze as Dalton in Road House, "opinions vary". Many have argued that the reason Shepherd is so "fresh" in the playoff is because they don't have to take a beating within their conference. No sense in debating the issue because that theory will be put to rest now that Shepherd is in the PSAC and will be playing what the 'non-beating' crowd considers a conference where to win the conference a team has to go through a grist mill with no week after week steam rolling of average at best teams.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                              To quote Patrick Swayze as Dalton in Road House, "opinions vary". Many have argued that the reason Shepherd is so "fresh" in the playoff is because they don't have to take a beating within their conference. No sense in debating the issue because that theory will be put to rest now that Shepherd is in the PSAC and will be playing what the 'non-beating' crowd considers a conference where to win the conference a team has to go through a grist mill with no week after week steam rolling of average at best teams.
                              Yea I get it. I personally don't think anyone is healthy come playoff time after 10-11 weeks of football. But sure I'll agree to a point and say yes the path will be a bit more physical.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post

I thought you'd be bigger

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X