Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

By whom? IUP's overall SOS was poor in 2018 due to crossovers with Millersville (2-9) and Lock Haven (2-8).
    And their best win was against that 6-4 Ashland team and a VERY close victory over a 6-5 Edinboro. IUP had to defeat either Cal U or Slippery Rock to get in the 2018 Playoffs.

Right now, IUP is barely in the playoffs because they are 2-2 against Kutztown, Slippery Rock, Shepherd and Cal U....4 teams ranked in the top 8 of this playoff poll. IUP is also lucky that Charleston laid an egg over the weekend for their 2nd loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      But...IUP will be a 2 loss team with 8 wins when most other 2 loss teams will have 9 wins. Hate to keep coming back to it but that 11th game could be the hidden nail for the Crimson Torts.

Comment

By whom? IUP's overall SOS was poor in 2018 due to crossovers with Millersville (2-9) and Lock Haven (2-8).
        So how are going to be screwed over this year? I mean there will be some bull**** justification.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

So how are going to be screwed over this year? I mean there will be some bull**** justification.
          Forced to play Edinboro?

Comment

Forced to play Edinboro?
            #troll-nation

Comment

Forced to play Edinboro?
              It took you that many weeks to answer?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It took you that many weeks to answer?
                Trollin' ain't easy

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                  Starting with the East, KUTZ is in the driver's seat, but traveling to WCU could be a major obstacle. I view the Golden Rams as a close approximation of IUP who are capable of beating the Golden Bears at Farrell. If KUTZ doesn't stumble they are in the SG. SHEP essentially plays two scrimmages and waits. If they don't get in they can take out their frustration on Clarion unless the Golden Eagles come down with another COVID outbreak.
                  The West rep is likely the winner of CAL @ SRU starting an hour after KUTZ @ WCU kicks off. If the ROCK wins they go to the SG but risk losing a second game which could effect their PO status. If CAL wins they're in the good position of winning the SG and guaranteeing a playoff spot or losing and almost certainly getting in with one loss.
                  Currently no team in the GMAC has less than two loses so they get 1 spot, probably. NE10 has unbeaten BENTLEY and once beaten NEW HAVEN who meet on that same Saturday. If the FALCONS win out they're definitely in, but if the CHARGERS pull an upset, the league may get two teams in.
                  In the MEC if NDC wins out they are in and may be the only team since FROSTBURG isn't eligible and CHAS lost to UNC-P today. All of this leaves three, possibly four spots for the PSAC. If we suppose three, then the winner of the SG and two 1 loss teams. Four could open up a spot for the best 2 loss team. It's going to be fun. Initial Regionals come out this week.
                  ??????
                  I was a bit surprised that Cal was snubbed by the committee at 9-1.......all I can think of is strength of schedule, but there were others in other conferences that didn't have a schedule any tougher....still, a good IUP team was ranked when Cal beat them, and although beaten, they were not trounced by Slippery Rock. Frankly, I think that those in charge decided that they would not have more than 3 teams from the PSAC, no matter what. It would have been interesting to see what they would have done if West Chester (my alma mater) had defeated Kutztown and IUP....yes, they dropped both games....both went to the wire and could have gone the other way.............Still, Cal had to be ticked with one loss to a ranked team, and yet not even given a shot......

Comment

Originally posted by Bob984 View Post

I was a bit surprised that Cal was snubbed by the committee at 9-1.......all I can think of is strength of schedule, but there were others in other conferences that didn't have a schedule any tougher....still, a good IUP team was ranked when Cal beat them, and although beaten, they were not trounced by Slippery Rock. Frankly, I think that those in charge decided that they would not have more than 3 teams from the PSAC, no matter what. It would have been interesting to see what they would have done if West Chester (my alma mater) had defeated Kutztown and IUP....yes, they dropped both games....both went to the wire and could have gone the other way.............Still, Cal had to be ticked with one loss to a ranked team, and yet not even given a shot......
                    Here's where Cal got dinged:

- SOS (OWP+OOWP) is just .474 and 38th in SR1.
                    - They only played two games against teams .500 or better and went 1-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob984 View Post

West Chester had Shepherd on the ropes too. If they had won that game does a Shepherd team at 9-2 stay in over Cal at 9-1? Shepherds SOS was significantly higher, but would have been interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

West Chester had Shepherd on the ropes too. If they had won that game does a Shepherd team at 9-2 stay in over Cal at 9-1? Shepherds SOS was significantly higher, but would have been interesting.
                        Tough way to end a season for WCU. Total implosion in the final quarter giving up 28 points.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Tough way to end a season for WCU. Total implosion in the final quarter giving up 28 points.
                          If West Chester can hold it together through the offseason, they were really competing towards the end of year. I'd say they would be the early favorite to win the PSAC east in 2022 considering how young they were this year. Zwann is a good coach.

Comment

If West Chester can hold it together through the offseason, they were really competing towards the end of year. I'd say they would be the early favorite to win the PSAC east in 2022 considering how young they were this year. Zwann is a good coach.
                            Their freshman QB is going to be pretty special.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Their freshman QB is going to be pretty special.
                              I agree, they have something brewing there for sure. Could this be a bit of a changing of the guard season in terms of the East maybe stealing some West luster from the last few years? The East I think was clearly deeper this year and arguably had the 2 best teams in the whole league. That middle tier really made improvements as well this year with Ship and ESU. West Chester had a down year, but will clearly not be down long.

Comment

I agree, they have something brewing there for sure. Could this be a bit of a changing of the guard season in terms of the East maybe stealing some West luster from the last few years? The East I think was clearly deeper this year and arguably had the 2 best teams in the whole league. That middle tier really made improvements as well this year with Ship and ESU. West Chester had a down year, but will clearly not be down long.
                                Maybe. Maybe not.

Also leads to more cannibalism.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X