X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I was a big Kangaroo's fan back in that era ... also The Gingerbread Man. Do you remember Murphy's Wings (on Philly St.)? I used to hang at the The Brown Hotel. It's still standing (barely).
    Murphy's had the whole wings! I can't believe The Brown Hotel is still standing. That place was a hole. I was a $3 Yuengling Pitcher guy at The Wolf.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Yep, ate there a bunch. That might explain a lot. Wasn’t it owned by a former MLB player? The coffee shop was decent. I commuted for a couple years and would get in town early to get a decent parking spot but then had to wait an hour before my 8 a.m. class. Parking was a nightmare in those days.
    I was a big Kangaroo's fan back in that era ... also The Gingerbread Man. Do you remember Murphy's Wings (on Philly St.)? I used to hang at the The Brown Hotel. It's still standing (barely).

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Don't forget the horrible pizza at the Dugout Pizza shop right where the Hub is now. YUCK
    Yep, ate there a bunch. That might explain a lot. Wasn’t it owned by a former MLB player? The coffee shop was decent. I commuted for a couple years and would get in town early to get a decent parking spot but then had to wait an hour before my 8 a.m. class. Parking was a nightmare in those days.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

In the 90s there used to be a record store in the little side mall (type of place) beside the HUB (where the HUB fitness center is today). They also had a coffee shop-ish place that turned in to a comedy club on several weekends throughout the school year. They always had good shows ... the up-and-comers trying to make it on the college circuit.

That campus has changed so much.
    Don't forget the horrible pizza at the Dugout Pizza shop right where the Hub is now. YUCK

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The record shop at the Regency Mall was pretty good in the 80’s. Was in there many times…
    In the 90s there used to be a record store in the little side mall (type of place) beside the HUB (where the HUB fitness center is today). They also had a coffee shop-ish place that turned in to a comedy club on several weekends throughout the school year. They always had good shows ... the up-and-comers trying to make it on the college circuit.

That campus has changed so much.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Yes lol
    Amazing Indiana used to have two movie theaters
    The record shop at the Regency Mall was pretty good in the 80’s. Was in there many times…

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

You mean behind Hills? :)
    …and Montgomery Ward!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Yes lol
    Amazing Indiana used to have two movie theaters

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

They are up behind what used to be Regency Mall. It's an interesting community because it's a mix of locals and students blended together ... essentially a little town (it's a big community). It's been fairly quiet up there on the po-po front the past couple years, IUP-wise.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

What’s the rush, new guy will not come until the summer. Don’t forget a fresh new batch of triggers will be in the May portal after there spring ball fate has been written…just sayin
    I think you just said what I said. “…once spring ball is over they can move forward with Plan B.” It’s not as much about being in a rush as it is not finding yourself in a position where you could miss out on the top options. I’m sure they’re diligently working other potential avenues, and of course, there will be some new faces available shortly. The longer this goes on with Hunter, the less likely it seems he’ll be moving East to Indiana.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

They are up behind what used to be Regency Mall. It's an interesting community because it's a mix of locals and students blended together ... essentially a little town (it's a big community). It's been fairly quiet up there on the po-po front the past couple years, IUP-wise.
    Ohhh I think I stayed there years ago visiting some IUP people. Ruby Tuesday was down below?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    Where are these apartments located?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Copper Beach is part of a national conglomerate building apartments in college towns. Typical cheap construction. Something similar happened at an apartment complex in Slippery Rock. Fire Marshall estimated 150 students jumping up and down. Building had to be gutted and rebuilt.
    It will be an interesting lawsuit nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Copper Beach is part of a national conglomerate building apartments in college towns. Typical cheap construction. Something similar happened at an apartment complex in Slippery Rock. Fire Marshall estimated 150 students jumping up and down. Building had to be gutted and rebuilt.
    All new apartment construction is March stick construction. It’s why I’m staying in my LEED rated concrete constructed apartment building. It’s like living in a vault.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Where are these apartments located?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X