• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

So f-in dumb! Fire Tort!
    Mind-boggling is what it is. He's pounding a JV team up 31-0 right before the State Game. That whole stadium went quiet.

Good news is he wasn't on crutches or anything and appeared to be moving mostly fine.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Duane looks OK

NEVER SHOULD HAVE PLAYED A F-ING DOWN AFTER HALFTIME

THAT IS SO F-ING IRRITATING
    So f-in dumb! Fire Tort!

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post
    IUP wins the PSAC West and will host the Shep hillbillies next weekend in Indiana. IUP vs Shep Hillbillies for the PSAC Championship.
    Yep ... The DC suburb hillbillies. Don't make me school you on how the PSAC tie breakers work again.

Leave a comment:

• IUP Crimson Hawk
    replied
    IUP wins the PSAC West and will host the Shep hillbillies next weekend in Indiana. IUP vs Shep Hillbillies for the PSAC Championship.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Duane looks OK

NEVER SHOULD HAVE PLAYED A F-ING DOWN AFTER HALFTIME

THAT IS SO F-ING IRRITATING

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

If he ditched Crimson Express, what are they playing?
    Hail IUP.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The new Director is pushing mostly the right buttons so far except for their busing issues. He ditched Crimson Abomination and ended torturing everyone with Ghostbusters. Now he needs to double the size of the band.

Here is The Penn’s article on it as to the band new focus on campus as well.https://www.thepenn.org/culture/iups...26U6mM1szC7e04

If he ditched Crimson Express, what are they playing?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    With the band alumni on the field it finally looks like a Doc band!

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    WHo wins the PSAC West??

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Better odds of IUPNation voting for The Donald than IUP losing today.
    ..or anybody in The Q Party,

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Some reading to quell the anxiety over possibly losing to Clarion:

https://triblive.com/local/regional/...ic-each-other/
    The new Director is pushing mostly the right buttons so far except for their busing issues. He ditched Crimson Abomination and ended torturing everyone with Ghostbusters. Now he needs to double the size of the band.

Here is The Penn’s article on it as to the band new focus on campus as well.https://www.thepenn.org/culture/iups...26U6mM1szC7e04

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I think you said it without really saying it here. IUP collectively just isn’t that good. They have some talented individual players, but as a group they have issues on offense and defense. You’ll see a ton of guys end up on the PSAC first team in a few weeks and we’ll all be asking why the team wasn’t better, lost the State Game, etc. Sound familiar?

I recognize this is a harsh assessment but sometimes the truth is uncomfortable. It’s a very good program that will always have a winning season and occasionally make the playoffs and maybe the State Game one out of every three to five years. The bigger fear for the fan base should be whether or not IUP is closer to taking a step further back than they are a step closer to regional relevance. I think we’re going to find out over the next two weeks.

Shepherd is the big dog, not just in the PSAC, but the region. IUP has a chance to pull alongside them, but I expect the Rams to win the State Game and the region again this year.
    There are assessments that are unrealistically positive and there are assessments that are unrealistically negative. I think your assessment fits into the latter category.

As you stated, they have a lot of talent. It's a matter of preparation and playing well. IUP is in the top rung of regional programs. I don't think there are questions about that. Their ability to recruit both HS kids and transfers is pretty good and that's what it is mostly about.

I think the program is strong, overall. Now for this year's version, injuries to key players haven't helped. I think they have positivity and leadership. I wouldn't count them out of anything on a regional level.

At this point, nobody knows what will happen when IUP and Shepherd square off. I'm looking for IUP's secondary to rise to the occasion and provide Bagent with a real challenge.
    Last edited by iupgroundhog; 11-05-2022, 08:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Thanks. Good article. Here's hoping they can rebuild it to the level of its former prominence.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

We’ll be waiting for the Shepherd we are the victims we are the little guy feel sorry for us, IUP are the meanies posts that usually accompany the times both schools play…

:-)
    Well, just remember, next week may just be Round 1 between the two.

It wouldnt shock me if one wins the State Game and then the other wins the playoff game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Better odds of IUPNation voting for The Donald than IUP losing today.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X