X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Was it Father McCool? Years ago I interviewed at Duquesne and between the end of my formal interview and dinner he took me into the priest house and told me to make myself a drink. Their bar setup was insane. Fortunately once things started feeling awkward the rest of the group showed up.
    No. They were a student from a wealthy family in Murraysville who drank like a fish which is why it was very brief. The most I got out of it was a free ride to the Pittsburgh airport to go on Spring Break in Florida.

But I’m not shocked you were a target..

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

My point exactly. It’s the most prestigious school in the city by far.

I briefly dated someone who went to Duquesne when I was at IUP so I probably a lower opinion of it as a result. :-)
    Was it Father McCool? Years ago I interviewed at Duquesne and between the end of my formal interview and dinner he took me into the priest house and told me to make myself a drink. Their bar setup was insane. Fortunately once things started feeling awkward the rest of the group showed up.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Except Carnegie Mellon has a 13% acceptance rate with a truly international applicant pool. Duquesne is easily #3 in SWPA after CMU and Pitt.
    My point exactly. It’s the most prestigious school in the city by far.

I briefly dated someone who went to Duquesne when I was at IUP so I probably a lower opinion of it as a result. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Except Carnegie Mellon is the place people should go in Yinzerburgh for status…and that part of Oakland is much nicer or at least it used to be. Duquesne feels like it’s in a dead zone unless they spruced that area up. It’s been a few years since I was in the city.
    Except Carnegie Mellon has a 13% acceptance rate with a truly international applicant pool. Duquesne is easily #3 in SWPA after CMU and Pitt.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'd suppose some of it -- aside from the 'D1' logo and academics (for some) -- is the urban campus.

I mean, when Indiana feels like a city compared to most of our campuses ... that says something. Some kids really dig the city vibe.

Duquesne has a status around Pittsburgh. It's perhaps one their own alumni have generated, but there is an arrogance to Duquesne people. Talk to somebody who went there and they think it was Harvard or Yale. Regardless, it is a beneficial degree within Western PA -- networking, etc.
    Except Carnegie Mellon is the place people should go in Yinzerburgh for status…and that part of Oakland is much nicer or at least it used to be. Duquesne feels like it’s in a dead zone unless they spruced that area up. It’s been a few years since I was in the city.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied

Why would anyone go to Duquesne for foosball?
    Art Rooney was their hero, so it was Duquesne or IUP.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I guess they want to get buggered by the priests.
    I'd suppose some of it -- aside from the 'D1' logo and academics (for some) -- is the urban campus.

I mean, when Indiana feels like a city compared to most of our campuses ... that says something. Some kids really dig the city vibe.

Duquesne has a status around Pittsburgh. It's perhaps one their own alumni have generated, but there is an arrogance to Duquesne people. Talk to somebody who went there and they think it was Harvard or Yale. Regardless, it is a beneficial degree within Western PA -- networking, etc.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

They're Catholic and want to go to college with priests living on campus, its their opportunity to brag that they play D1 football, or they have post-college plans that align well with Duquesne's professional schools (Duquesne has a respectable law school).
    I guess they want to get buggered by the priests.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

They're Catholic and want to go to college with priests living on campus, its their opportunity to brag that they play D1 football, or they have post-college plans that align well with Duquesne's professional schools (Duquesne has a respectable law school).

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Penn Cambria QB Garrett Harrold signed with Duquesne. He had D2 offers from IUP, Slippery Rock and Shippensburg.

This could be a name we see again in the future if things don't work out down there.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Penn Cambria QB Garrett Harrold signed with Duquesne. He had D2 offers from IUP, Slippery Rock and Shippensburg.

This could be a name we see again in the future if things don't work out down there.
    Joe Mischler has one more year. After that the QB spot a s wide open there.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP has offered former UVA-Wise OL Darik Cotman.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Were D2 programs allowed to sign transfers yesterday (similar to the D1 signing day)? Being that IUP typically adds mid-year transfers, I'd assume so.

Anything leaking out of the Field House?
    I believe yesterday was considered an early signing day for D2 so it would be transfers.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Were D2 programs allowed to sign transfers yesterday (similar to the D1 signing day)? Being that IUP typically adds mid-year transfers, I'd assume so.

Anything leaking out of the Field House?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X