X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

They had nice clothes. Not cheesy stuff at all.
    Are you thinking of The 700 Shop?

They do carry higher-end men's clothing (and it's been there seemingly forever).

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Waxler's?

I remember Sol Waxler. the owner.
    They had nice clothes. Not cheesy stuff at all.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Can any of local Indiana residents remember the name of the family Dept store that was on the Northeast corner of 7th and Philadelphia. I’m trying to remember the name of it…I actually still own a sweater from there so it’s now vintage.
    Waxler's?

I remember Sol Waxler. the owner.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Can any of local Indiana residents remember the name of the family Dept store that was on the Northeast corner of 7th and Philadelphia. I’m trying to remember the name of it…I actually still own a sweater from there so it’s now vintage.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

The locals refer to it as "Ewwy Pooy"
    Funny this came up. I was just on that campus this week. It was odd to see the IUP shirts with the added UI on the end. If I was thinking ahead I could have worn some IUP gear and caught some odd looks.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Tell you what, IUPUI really rolls off the announcers' tongue.

They surely could have came up with a better name.
    The locals refer to it as "Ewwy Pooy"

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Tell you what, IUPUI really rolls off the announcers' tongue.

They surely could have came up with a better name.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Unless I'm missing it, it doesn't mention a name change although I guess if it's 2 schools they would change it.
    Mentioned in this article: https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...-venture-iupui

Going forward, the IUPUI campus will be known as Indiana University Indianapolis. The Purdue portion of the campus will serve as an academic extension of its home base in West Lafayette, though Purdue officials have not yet decided on a new name for its extension in Indianapolis.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

We tried to. As I recall, the main legal stumbling block was that they operated in different markets so there was no infringement. Ultimately, it was that IUP was not damaged by the IUPUI name. Of course, IUP didn't agree with that ruling.
    That was the same rationale in the ruling when Kansas sued Kutztown for using a very similar KU logo.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

We should have sued over that name.
    We tried to. As I recall, the main legal stumbling block was that they operated in different markets so there was no infringement. Ultimately, it was that IUP was not damaged by the IUPUI name. Of course, IUP didn't agree with that ruling.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Unless I'm missing it, it doesn't mention a name change although I guess if it's 2 schools they would change it.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

First thing I thought of was, wow, if this game was a sellout it would take an hour to get out of here.

I did walk over and look at the football stadium. Lot to be desired there.

Looks like they are getting some decent concerts in there.
    They outsourced management to a national company who works with promoters. Being a Ticketmaster venue helps a lot. There is a big gap in venue sizes in the cold months and they can exploit it.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The RMU venue is nice except a few things:

a) its terrible for concerts unless you're on the floor because you're facing the arena floor but the stage is on one end

b) there is only ONE entrance/exit to campus so leaving campus after a big event is the biggest clusterf*** you've ever seen

c) there is only one entrance for general fans so if you had to park far on campus you have a hike (sucks when its cold), and

d) there isn't enough parking on campus for that large of an event center. The "upper" lot is dorm parking and they make students move their cars, and for big events they rent a shuttle and ask people to park a mile up the road at the Park & Ride behind Sheetz.

All little annoyances. The building was designed by their administration so they could upgrade basketball conferences and get events on campus so there's some clear group think in understanding how the peasants use the building.

First thing I thought of was, wow, if this game was a sellout it would take an hour to get out of here.

I did walk over and look at the football stadium. Lot to be desired there.

Looks like they are getting some decent concerts in there.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Clarion has a large tent near the one end zone. I assume it's for invited guests and their donors. Every time I've been there the seem to get a lot of people in there.

I'd take it at IUP. Anything to close off the end zones a bit.

Speaking of RMU, I went to the game vs. IUPUI the other night. Their new arena is nice. I was impressed. Granted, the atmosphere was terrible as it felt like about 80 people were in there. But, it's a nice venue.
    The RMU venue is nice except a few things:

a) its terrible for concerts unless you're on the floor because you're facing the arena floor but the stage is on one end

b) there is only ONE entrance/exit to campus so leaving campus after a big event is the biggest clusterf*** you've ever seen

c) there is only one entrance for general fans so if you had to park far on campus you have a hike (sucks when its cold), and

d) there isn't enough parking on campus for that large of an event center. The "upper" lot is dorm parking and they make students move their cars, and for big events they rent a shuttle and ask people to park a mile up the road at the Park & Ride behind Sheetz.

All little annoyances. The building was designed by their administration so they could upgrade basketball conferences and get events on campus so there's some clear group think in understanding how the peasants use the building.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

We should have sued over that name.
    Problem has been solved: https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael...h=668d4cbdf1e7

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X