X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Heard it is a strange job, one year contracts for all coaches. This day and age that is a dangerous proposition. Piss off one distinguished alumni or say the wrong thing and u could be out just like that..just sayin.
    All assistants at PASSHE schools are on one year contracts. Granted we don't have influencer alumni donors but you piss off the head coach or AD and you're emailing your resume to 100 coaches.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    A big-time QB recruit was on campus tonight ... D2 to D2 transfer. He did the full show today and attended the basketball game tonight. Three years' eligibility.

Think of that what you may ... but, it 100% happened.

You need a good backup and successor.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    A big-time QB recruit was on campus tonight ... D2 to D2 transfer. He did the full show today and attended the basketball game tonight. Three years' eligibility.

Think of that what you may ... but, it 100% happened.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    The posters of our Week 1 opponent don't seem very thrilled with the OL coach being promoted to HC.
    Heard it is a strange job, one year contracts for all coaches. This day and age that is a dangerous proposition. Piss off one distinguished alumni or say the wrong thing and u could be out just like that..just sayin.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Amazingly, yes, Duquesne's stadium is (likely) worse than Miller.
    Rooney Field looks like a FBS-level school's soccer stadium.

Duquesne is smart with money. They know there's no point in upgrading the stadium because a) nobody really cares, b) not enough fans to invest in the home side, and c) only a few dozen fans from the away NEC teams are driving to Pittsburgh.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied

I guess we'll need to know more. If it's a P5 walk-on, that's one thing. It tells me he probably should have been down a level anyway. SRU took some big bodies from Pitt in the past several years who were really just D2 guys all along.

If it's a P5 scholarship player with monstrous size ... I'd again ask ... what's wrong with him? Not many want to leave the luxuries and allure of P5 football to play in the bus leagues. That's like going from the Yankees to the Altoona Curve (by choice). I know IUP is a good program and a decent school. But, P5 to D2 is quite the jump. It wasn't in the 90s. It is today.

Perfect example is the 7-footer in D2 basketball. There's always a reason they are in D2 basketball.

Even Max Redfield had baggage.
    Definitely was not a walk on. Big time player out of New York State during HS.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The Worst Foosball Stadium in every state.

The Good News Is The Cig was not the one named for Pennsylvania.

However....Duquesne did win that honor. LOL
    Amazingly, yes, Duquesne's stadium is (likely) worse than Miller.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

The Worst Foosball Stadium in every state.

The Good News Is The Cig was not the one named for Pennsylvania.

However....Duquesne did win that honor. LOL

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    The posters of our Week 1 opponent don't seem very thrilled with the OL coach being promoted to HC.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

That baggage is why he played at IUP but his baggage didn't affect anything in a negative way while he was at IUP.. If there is a match you take it. We need a monster OL. Just sayin'.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Why not IUP?

Even with the new transfer rules I thought IUP would go after D1 guys. They have very specific needs. Plus, it's a great program and a great school. I'm totally serious.
    I guess we'll need to know more. If it's a P5 walk-on, that's one thing. It tells me he probably should have been down a level anyway. SRU took some big bodies from Pitt in the past several years who were really just D2 guys all along.

If it's a P5 scholarship player with monstrous size ... I'd again ask ... what's wrong with him? Not many want to leave the luxuries and allure of P5 football to play in the bus leagues. That's like going from the Yankees to the Altoona Curve (by choice). I know IUP is a good program and a decent school. But, P5 to D2 is quite the jump. It wasn't in the 90s. It is today.

Perfect example is the 7-footer in D2 basketball. There's always a reason they are in D2 basketball.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

What's wrong with him?

i.e. why is he considering D2?
    Why not IUP?

Even with the new transfer rules I thought IUP would go after D1 guys. They have very specific needs. Plus, it's a great program and a great school. I'm totally serious.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
    I little birdie from Memorial indicates a monster D1 OL is in the works, massive individual from a power 5…Much needed replacement for vet D. Davis. They will probably have the two biggest tackles in the country.
    What's wrong with him?

i.e. why is he considering D2?

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I believe yesterday was considered an early signing day for D2 so it would be transfers.
    I little birdie from Memorial indicates a monster D1 OL is in the works, massive individual from a power 5…Much needed replacement for vet D. Davis. They will probably have the two biggest tackles in the country.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP has offered former WVU WR Nick Maher (North Catholic).

Nice size at 6'2 and 210 lbs. He redshirted and then didn't play a whole lot this past year. Three years eligibility.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X