X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    The IUP Foosball team was ranked #1 in 1991.

Now the basketball team is ranked #1!

https://iupathletics.com/news/2022/1...ibextid=Zxz2cZ
    The ladies are also No. 7 in today's Top 25

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    The IUP Foosball team was ranked #1 in 1991.

Now the basketball team is ranked #1!

https://iupathletics.com/news/2022/1...ibextid=Zxz2cZ

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Reality is a fine line to walk amongst some of the IUP Football faithful.
    Some have their own alternative reality and think the more and louder they espouse it the more it’s true. Now that I think of it, that kind of thing extends well beyond this board, LOL.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Some people can't handle hearing reality. I for one appreciate you being blunt.
    Reality is a fine line to walk amongst some of the IUP Football faithful.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I love being the Mark Madden of this board. I state the truth and nobody wants to hear it!
    Some people can't handle hearing reality. I for one appreciate you being blunt.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    FYI....on the General Discussion board....the Region 3 whiners started off spouting that Region 1 should not have playoff slots because a Region3 schools whacked a Region 4 school in the finals...insane logic I know but these are foosball fans in the Midwest and common sense isn't their forte.

So...of course I jumped in on that and it somehow got twisted into a tired old argument that IUP was scared to take on Grand Valley last year after Edinboro cancelled on them a few days before they were to be bent over and sodomized at Lubbers Stadium. They actually think IUP should have taken the game like somehow it was our problem that Grand Valley got ghosted.

What are these people on that they think any program is going to take a game with a few days notice and no time to prepare and you are still in camp mode a week before the game where you intended to open the season. It's literally laughable.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

I love being the Mark Madden of this board. I state the truth and nobody wants to hear it!
    I do appreciate that, actually. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I was agreeing with you. Life’s too short to be as salty as you are. Yikes.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

No **** he isn’t going to IUP. I said that a month ago!
    I was agreeing with you. Life’s too short to be as salty as you are. Yikes.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

He’s not going to fall to IUP but let’s see where he ultimately lands. Right now Rivals has him listed as having no offers, but there’s interest from Pitt and Penn State. The Pitt and Penn State offers according to the kid’s Twitter account are as a preferred walk-on. That’s a tough pile to rise from to get playing time, let alone play a significant role. We don’t know what his academic interest are and that will likely come into play too. It may be that a solid FCS program, i.e. Youngstown State, is his best option where he could maybe get money right away.
    No **** he isn’t going to IUP. I said that a month ago!

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

I knew that was going to happen.
    He’s not going to fall to IUP but let’s see where he ultimately lands. Right now Rivals has him listed as having no offers, but there’s interest from Pitt and Penn State. The Pitt and Penn State offers according to the kid’s Twitter account are as a preferred walk-on. That’s a tough pile to rise from to get playing time, let alone play a significant role. We don’t know what his academic interest are and that will likely come into play too. It may be that a solid FCS program, i.e. Youngstown State, is his best option where he could maybe get money right away.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    The RB from Plum we discussed on here after the IHS game now has PWO offers from Pitt and PSU (and several actual FCS offers).

So, I guess that IUP dream is squashed.
    I knew that was going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    The RB from Plum we discussed on here after the IHS game now has PWO offers from Pitt and PSU (and several actual FCS offers).

Wow, good for him. I was thinking FCS, but I’m happy to be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Yes, but the conversation is about Ashland. Ashland touts itself as being 60 miles from Cleveland and 90 miles from Columbus (or vice-versa). That translates to being "in the middle of nowhere." I agree with Nation as far as Central Ohio and SE PA are completely different culturally.

I'm not putting that part of the country down. It's just geography. It's interesting, though, that we are talking about Ashland football as a result of the isolation of that area/community. A main driver of the Ashland funding is the lack of entertainment options in that area. It gives that area something.
    It’s a nice area, but I haven’t lived near Ashland, which certainly isn’t Columbus. I’d be interested in what the difference in paychecks would be between IUP and Ashland. In my view Ashland is better positioned to compete nationally than IUP, and the atmosphere is just better. Going to a game in Ashland feels like going to a college football game, whereas watching a game in The Mill, even the bigger games, feels like a mid-level WPIAL game.

Let’s say Tort did talk to them about the job. It’s not as far-fetched as you might think. I believe his youngest, Michael, is a junior and realistically could finish his high school years in Indiana. Still not likely, but not impossible either if the dollars are right.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X