X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

It's a real shame that the Giant Eagle Express was getting ripped off as much as they were and had to close. That was a really nice store when I was on campus. It was a nice place to go pick up some grocery items for students without a car. They had all the same made to order food offerings of a GetGo and more. And they had a lot of other prepared stuff too to purchase. Nice seating area too. Were open late on the weekends. Fancy coffee offerings for people in the morning. It was a nice model.

That was a great size and location for that too.
    I think the Giant Eagle Express was eliminated overall, so maybe the Indiana location was a victim to a larger strategic move. The only "express" location I remember seeing anymore is a Market District Express on Rt 19 in Upper St Clair. There are some expanded GetGo locations but I they don't seem to have the young people following like Sheetz & Wawa. Just like if they put a flagship Turkey Hill in Millersville, the Sheetz would still do better.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

It's a real shame that the Giant Eagle Express was getting ripped off as much as they were and had to close. That was a really nice store when I was on campus. It was a nice place to go pick up some grocery items for students without a car. They had all the same made to order food offerings of a GetGo and more. And they had a lot of other prepared stuff too to purchase. Nice seating area too. Were open late on the weekends. Fancy coffee offerings for people in the morning. It was a nice model.

Who was ripping it off?

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Dunkin is going down the street a bit near the new DG Market. That’s a done deal after months of ridiculous political posturing over the proposed Philly Street location.

I’m curious what will end up at the location once Sheetz is gone. Seems like a great place for another vape shop! Maybe a combined vape/coffee/pawn shop. Joking aside, I’m not sure what’s left to do there. The DG Market is casting a big shadow over it now.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You're pretty much the minority if you aren't inked up these days -- especially in the 15 to 24 demographic.
    It’s so beyond tired.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Tatted up people is so cliche these days.
    You're pretty much the minority if you aren't inked up these days -- especially in the 15 to 24 demographic.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

It's actually pretty nice. Much better than a typical DG.
    We only have Dollar Tree near me and it’s in a repurposed Walgreens.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

How about a 6th tattoo parlor?
    Tatted up people is so cliche these days.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Dollar General has a market? Is it scary?
    It's actually pretty nice. Much better than a typical DG.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Dunkin is going down the street a bit near the new DG Market. That’s a done deal after months of ridiculous political posturing over the proposed Philly Street location.

I’m curious what will end up at the location once Sheetz is gone. Seems like a great place for another vape shop! Maybe a combined vape/coffee/pawn shop. Joking aside, I’m not sure what’s left to do there. The DG Market is casting a big shadow over it now.
    How about a 6th tattoo parlor?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Dollar General has a market? Is it scary?

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

It will be the same issue. They can't put gas there so it's just a 'market' location. So, there's no business from May 7 to end of August.

Dunkin Donuts has been in a pissing match with the borough over a location on Philly St.

I could see them moving in there. Starbucks could also go in but it would cripple the other 7 mom-pop coffee shops in town so Indiana may keep them out.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

It will be the same issue. They can't put gas there so it's just a 'market' location. So, there's no business from May 7 to end of August.

Dunkin Donuts has been in a pissing match with the borough over a location on Philly St.

I could see them moving in there. Starbucks could also go in but it would cripple the other 7 mom-pop coffee shops in town so Indiana may keep them out.
    Sheetz also closed a non gas store in Downtown State College as well.

Wawa has pretty much closed all of their old stores that were open before they started selling gas and built new stores with pumps nearby...you can see the many buildings in SEPA that were old Wawa's that are now repurposed.

Sheetz is probably doing the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

It would make sense for Wawa at that location, considering their incursion into Sheetz territory. I am going to send Wawa a note about it.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Sheetz by campus is closing in July.

https://www.wdadradio.com/2023/06/22...c_ref=facebook

It should be upgraded to a Wawa anyway!
    It would make sense for Wawa at that location, considering their incursion into Sheetz territory. I am going to send Wawa a note about it.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

It's dead all summer. Locals won't go there so it makes no money in the summer.

They basically sell chips and beer. There's no gas and a very limited supply of other products. They don't even sell milk there.

Indiana has two other full-scale Sheetz locations.

That said, the campus location is a good location. Parking is very limited. My guess is another coffee shop. Indiana needs 14 of them.
    If they campus lobbies Wawa to take it over you might get more kids going there from SEPA. :-)

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X