Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crimsonhawkfanatic
    replied
    My takeaways from the edinboro game at least from what I saw on the computer.

No surprise here Sexton is really freaking good 16-18 300+ I mean cmon those are video game stats. Guy has a cannon.

this offense line is the real deal, very physical. I know Edinboro is week all around but still an impressive game.

thought all the RBs looked good

WRs played good total domination.

Dline looked really good. With Fowler being out for the season, a lot of guys have stepped up I’m very impressed. Also man what a INT by Mitchell WOW.

DB’s looked good, Bruce with another interception, i thought “11” played good as well,

But most importantly this team DID NOT PLAY DOWN TO COMPETITION. Very impressed.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That's probably as simple as life with a true freshman kicker. There will be ups and downs.

I think they have 3-4 kickers on the roster. The Cal transfer kicks off but doesn't kick XPs or FGs.

I wish they could bury kickoffs in the endzone. It saves a lot of blind hits at full speed and obviously eliminates any return.
    Kicking game makes a big difference. The Ship-Kutztown score would have been a lot closer today if Kutztown hadn't had a good kicker.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Edinboro is awful. IUP could do anything they wanted with little resistance. That said, that’s exactly what you have to do to awful teams. Nice to have one that wasn’t still in question by halftime.

Despite the blowout, I do have one area of concern. The freshman kicker has missed several extra points this year and he added a missed chip shot field goal attempt today. I sit at high school games and watch 17 year-old kids knock extra points through like nothing. Andrasi has a big leg but he’s too inconsistent. I know he’s a freshman but these things will matter in the post-season. Snaps and holds have been solid all year.
    That's probably as simple as life with a true freshman kicker. There will be ups and downs.

I think they have 3-4 kickers on the roster. The Cal transfer kicks off but doesn't kick XPs or FGs.

I wish they could bury kickoffs in the endzone. It saves a lot of blind hits at full speed and obviously eliminates any return.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    D gave up just 180 yds and 0 points.

Offense had 605 yards and took foot off gas.

Quite a day for Tort and the Co-Op Store.
    Edinboro is awful. IUP could do anything they wanted with little resistance. That said, that’s exactly what you have to do to awful teams. Nice to have one that wasn’t still in question by halftime.

Despite the blowout, I do have one area of concern. The freshman kicker has missed several extra points this year and he added a missed chip shot field goal attempt today. I sit at high school games and watch 17 year-old kids knock extra points through like nothing. Andrasi has a big leg but he’s too inconsistent. I know he’s a freshman but these things will matter in the post-season. Snaps and holds have been solid all year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Men's golf has a 10-shot lead heading in to PSAC Championship Sunday tomorrow.

Pending a disaster, they should wrap it up.
    Dixon Trophy!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    I wasn't glued to my computer for this game but I saw enough to say it looked like 2 teams from different divisions playing.

I am certainly enjoying IUP's success this year but I am honestly concerned with the quality of some of the PSAC teams.
    After they shoved IUP Rule on us it’s just karma now that most of them can’t compete…

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Men's golf has a 10-shot lead heading in to PSAC Championship Sunday tomorrow.

Pending a disaster, they should wrap it up.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I feel you on that! It seems like there are five good PSAC teams, a couple of teams that can maybe have their moments and a bunch of mediocre to outright bad teams.
    I don't see much in the league out of the top five this year, and I've seen the league better at the top in the past. Several of the teams are pretty green. If Mac hits another decent recruiting year, you might hear more from Ship in a year or two — some of the frosh and sophomores on defense look like players. They need to beef up the OL and find a stud running back somewhere. I really thought West Chester would be better this season.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    I wasn't glued to my computer for this game but I saw enough to say it looked like 2 teams from different divisions playing.

I am certainly enjoying IUP's success this year but I am honestly concerned with the quality of some of the PSAC teams.
    I feel you on that! It seems like there are five good PSAC teams, a couple of teams that can maybe have their moments and a bunch of mediocre to outright bad teams.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by Crimsonhawkfanatic View Post
    No hangover game for iup today… Sexton was 16 for 18 with 300+ WOW.
    I told u catz that Boro pissed off IUP after the game last year and post recruit babble in off season. They could of scored 70, First team offense only stopped 1 time. Hard to believe last year occurred. Just goes to show lots of emotion in a season. That Cal loss last year was a 2 banger. Tort on road now 23-2, not too shabby.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Crimsonhawkfanatic View Post
    Exactly....

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

They did what was expected given the opposition. Now if they put these numbers up against Slimey I’d be really giddy.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Crimsonhawkfanatic
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X