Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It won't amount to anything. Slap on the wrist and suspended for a game. Let's just say he's likely to have program-friendly representation, etc. It will be plead down to next to nothing and we'll never hear about it again.

Speaking of never hearing anything, I'm shocked there are still no arrests in the 'homecoming' shooting. That's amazingly a completely ignored story in the media, too. I mean there hasn't been a local story on it in two weeks.
    I have to think there is an anti-snitch mentality at play there.

Also, there are not that many ways to drive out of Indiana. I ain't no expert but the police response was probably inadequate.

Comment

They should be in the race every year. Tort has loads more resources than most of the league. For instance, he has 20-ish more scholarships than Edinboro. That should never be a close game. Edinboro is just coached better -- details, discipline, etc.
      Agreed. IUP should be in the race (AT A MINIMUM) every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Also, there are not that many ways to drive out of Indiana. I ain't no expert but the police response was probably inadequate.
        It's just very odd. The victims weren't local so perhaps that is why the local media isn't covering it more. Indiana isn't exactly a news hotbed. The Gazette is usually littered with boring borough council meeting reports and the like.

They did say they had a suspect weeks ago but didn't elaborate any more. Is this person holed up in a basement in town, what's he look like, etc. Of course, they don't always share the details, but some media push for updates would be nice.

When homicide charges start flying I don't know how strong the anti-snitch sentiment is. They can really crank up the pressure. You're going in at 21 and coming out at 71.

But, you're right so far. With 'numerous' shooters, they won't all stay quiet forever.

It's just very strange that it's like a forgotten story.

Comment

That is an enormous bond amount for criminal trespass (typically $1k to $3k).

it was unsecured. When bond is unsecured you don't have to post any money.

Comment

Police response was about as fast as it could have been. There were officers already on the way to check out the noise complaint when the shooting got called in so they were there in less than five minutes. From what I understand, it was (and continues to be) handled well. It would only take the suspects a minute or two to be on the bypass and headed out of town before law enforcement could even begin to know where to block roads, etc., especially if people at the scene aren’t talking.

We also have to allow that these investigations take time. They may very well have the suspects lined up and are preparing to make an arrest. This may be why we’re not hearing anything from the PSP at the moment. Once there’s an arrest made, we’ll know. Even when they have suspects lined up it can still take weeks before they have what they need to make an arrest. It’s frustrating for the public, but it is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Police response was about as fast as it could have been. There were officers already on the way to check out the noise complaint when the shooting got called in so they were there in less than five minutes. From what I understand, it was (and continues to be) handled well. It would only take the suspects a minute or two to be on the bypass and headed out of town before law enforcement could even begin to know where to block roads, etc., especially if people at the scene aren’t talking.

We also have to allow that these investigations take time. They may very well have the suspects lined up and are preparing to make an arrest. This may be why we’re not hearing anything from the PSP at the moment. Once there’s an arrest made, we’ll know. Even when they have suspects lined up it can still take weeks before they have what they need to make an arrest. It’s frustrating for the public, but it is what it is.
              I think that's all pretty true. Like I said, I am not that knowledgeable about this sort of thing. This just made me think of a road rage incident a few years ago around where Rte. 100 merges onto Rt. 322 just to the east of West Chester. A guy felt a woman cut him off on the highway so he pulled up beside her and shot her from his car. She veered off the road and died. It was a shocking incident. I'm sure 'Nation remembers it. They were able to ID the guy from a camera outside a business 3 miles away. They combined the description of the suspect and his car as well as the time stamp on the camera and nailed the guy. I thought it was amazing. The techniques are pretty sophisticated these days.

Comment

I think that's all pretty true. Like I said, I am not that knowledgeable about this sort of thing. This just made me think of a road rage incident a few years ago around where Rte. 100 merges onto Rt. 322 just to the east of West Chester. A guy felt a woman cut him off on the highway so he pulled up beside her and shot her from his car. She veered off the road and died. It was a shocking incident. I'm sure 'Nation remembers it. They were able to ID the guy from a camera outside a business 3 miles away. They combined the description of the suspect and his car as well as the time stamp on the camera and nailed the guy. I thought it was amazing. The techniques are pretty sophisticated these days.
                One major hindering factor to the Indiana event was it was after midnight on Homecoming Weekend.

I'd guess a huge number of the witnesses were drunk as sin and/or high as a kite.

Comment

It won't amount to anything. Slap on the wrist and suspended for a game. Let's just say he's likely to have program-friendly representation, etc. It will be plead down to next to nothing and we'll never hear about it again.

Speaking of never hearing anything, I'm shocked there are still no arrests in the 'homecoming' shooting. That's amazingly a completely ignored story in the media, too. I mean there hasn't been a local story on it in two weeks.
                  How do they not know who did it? Didn't you have to buy a ticket online to get in?

People at that party know who did it. Why are they not talking?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

How do they not know who did it? Didn't you have to buy a ticket online to get in?

People at that party know who did it. Why are they not talking?
                    You had to buy a ticket but you also have to buy a ticket at Miller Stadium (and about 20 percent just walk right in).

Comment

I absolutely do remember that...they found him down in Eddystone I believe. I think between the traffic cameras and cameras along the way...they were able to track him down.

The spot where he shot her was only 2 miles down 100 from my old house in Exton. I drive that way to work some days. I think the memorial for her is still there.

Comment

You had to buy a ticket but you also have to buy a ticket at Miller Stadium (and about 20 percent just walk right in).
                        But they should be able to get a list of people who bought a ticket...and sort out the lot.

That room is not that big,...so everyone in there saw the gun battle. I was at enough dances at the Chase Centr in 4 years at IUP at the Chase Center to know that it's a small venue.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

But they should be able to get a list of people who bought a ticket...and sort out the lot.

That room is not that big,...so everyone in there saw the gun battle. I was at enough dances at the Chase Centr in 4 years at IUP at the Chase Center to know that it's a small venue.
                          Agreed they should have plenty of leads and witnesses. Now, do drunk/high college kids make good witnesses when they don't remember anything ... that's probably the biggest challenge if I had to guess.

Like I said most that age are smoked by nearly 1am on Homecoming Saturday. Not to mention the utter chaos that
                          ​​​​​ erupts the instant that first shot gets fired.

As we said before, I think there's an awful lot more to this story.

I'm not questioning the police. They will get these criminals. They don't go away. I was just questioning the total lack of media coverage (locally).

Comment

It's just very odd. The victims weren't local so perhaps that is why the local media isn't covering it more. Indiana isn't exactly a news hotbed. The Gazette is usually littered with boring borough council meeting reports and the like.

They did say they had a suspect weeks ago but didn't elaborate any more. Is this person holed up in a basement in town, what's he look like, etc. Of course, they don't always share the details, but some media push for updates would be nice.

When homicide charges start flying I don't know how strong the anti-snitch sentiment is. They can really crank up the pressure. You're going in at 21 and coming out at 71.

But, you're right so far. With 'numerous' shooters, they won't all stay quiet forever.

It's just very strange that it's like a forgotten story.
                            If you're getting boring borough council reports, you're lucky. Many towns now have virtually no coverage of their local governments, and believe me what you don't know can hurt you at that level. In a little second-class township not far from me, we had a guy draining off so much government money that the FBI and Shapiro's office (he was AG then) got involved. Guy later committed suicide.

Comment

• This board is blowing up with IUP vs #LIT-AF discussion.

Lol

Comment

This board is blowing up with IUP vs #LIT-AF discussion.

Lol
                                I'm sure it will post game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X