Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Remember our state school programs raise their own scholarship money (real money).

Out-of-state kids cost more and take a bigger slice of the coin.

Do you have a program where kids in States that touch PA are considered in state? KS does probably due to lack of population. It's been in place for a decade or so. Has helped with overall and certainly helped spread scholly dollars in athletics

Comment

• Originally posted by Wallst View Post

Do you have a program where kids in States that touch PA are considered in state? KS does probably due to lack of population. It's been in place for a decade or so. Has helped with overall and certainly helped spread scholly dollars in athletics
      Some schools have started giving tuition breaks to certain out-of-state areas. At Shippensburg, we're giving breaks to certain counties in Maryland, which is close to us, and are also trying to pull more kids from New Jersey, where costs are higher than in Pa. and there aren't a lot of D2 schools. This is primarily being done to boost school enrollment as a whole, but it certainly shouldn't hurt athletics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wallst View Post

It wasn't allowed until about 5 years ago and to be honest, for an unknown reason not many schools have embraced it. Most likely just short-sighted thinking that they're leaving out of state tuition revenue on the table.

Slippery Rock has a program that if an out of state applicant has a 3.0 GPA (which is almost everyone) they can get tuition for 5% above in-state. Its very popular with athletics as you can imagine.

Comment

• Tomorrow's scrimmage starts at 6 p.m. and is open to the public.

Comment

Tomorrow's scrimmage starts at 6 p.m. and is open to the public.
            I guess we'll have more information about the team after this one. Are you going?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I guess we'll have more information about the team after this one. Are you going?
              Edit that ... Jack just said on the radio it's now set to start at 7 p.m. I'd like to check it out but not positive.

Jack also said Dayjure Stewart practiced in pads yesterday after getting the green light to return.

Comment

Edit that ... Jack just said on the radio it's now set to start at 7 p.m. I'd like to check it out but not positive.

Jack also said Dayjure Stewart practiced in pads yesterday after getting the green light to return.
                Wow! I thought that might happen. We'll see how he progresses.

Comment

HIGHLY doubt he is at 100%. Man....but happy he is back practicing.

Comment

• Any bets when The Personalities will be let out the Looney Bin and show up to “talk ball”.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                      Any bets when The Personalities will be let out the Looney Bin and show up to “talk ball”.
                      Immediately after IUP's first loss.

You have to realize they are talking about the game within the game ... within the game. Mind bomb.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

HIGHLY doubt he is at 100%. Man....but happy he is back practicing.

I don't anticipate we'll see him tonight. In fact, I'd guess Tort goes with a pretty light workload for most of the starters.

There will likely be some weather tonight (wind/rain). So, that will be a good experience for the players.

I like the start time. It's a good dress rehearsal for next Thursday. It's also good to get some reps in under the lights.

Comment

I don't anticipate we'll see him tonight. In fact, I'd guess Tort goes with a pretty light workload for most of the starters.

There will likely be some weather tonight (wind/rain). So, that will be a good experience for the players.

I like the start time. It's a good dress rehearsal for next Thursday. It's also good to get some reps in under the lights.
                          Next Thursday! Holy cow!

Comment

• When you look at Ashland's roster, there is a team photo at the top. They seem to have more players dressed than the total enrollment at Clarion. I'm assuming they have a JV team or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

The bottom line is that recruiting transfer QB's has worked for IUP. One would think that with the current portal situation the trend will continue past Hunter. However, IUP seems to have an enviable QB situation. It's interesting that they have retained Marchitelli and Romano, both good prospects. Also, of the 3 (Hunter, Marchitelli, and Romano), none are from PA.

We also have 2 highly-touted incoming freshmen recruits, so I think it's possible somebody currently on the roster might break the trend.

Marchitelli is listed as a RS-Freshman after being the holder all of last year. Can eligibility be based on number of plays or time on the field, as opposed to number of games?
                              Deabner was the holder last year.

Comment

When you look at Ashland's roster, there is a team photo at the top. They seem to have more players dressed than the total enrollment at Clarion. I'm assuming they have a JV team or something?
                                Ashland I believe has 157 players on roster. $$$tuition out the wazoo.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X