Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

Don’t forget Tyrone Fowler did not play last season. He is the best D end in the region. The inside should be interesting. I am curious to see how the transfer from Lackawanna/Shepherd is going to be.
    Tyrone Fowler is going to give a lot of opposing OL nightmares this year. He is a scary dude. I saw him last week working out at the stadium. Looks like the Hulk.

Comment

• Scouting Ashland:
      • Five of their top ten leading tacklers are gone including Ayers who was drafted into the XFL.
      • Two DB’s and one Safety returns with experience. DB Prude recognized as 1st team All-Great Midwest Honors
      • Defensive Line mostly intact from last year.
      • Two top running backs return with over 1,700 yds between the two.
      • Last year’s QB graduated. Looks as though backup from last year will start (6’5 240)-didn’t see any listed QB transfers on roster.
      • Top two receivers graduated.
      • Return 3 starters on the Offensive Line and another with significant time -Center, Guard, and Tackle
      • New Head Coach who has been an assistant at Ashland for 19 yrs.

Comment

• Some positive news to report…the Marching Band has returned to the lineup at the Marching Band Festival in Allentown…an event where they were one of the top headliners on the docket not that long ago. So glad we have a new Director…why the last one was allowed to stay so long is beyond me. He slowly wrecked what Doc built over the years.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
          Some positive news to report…the Marching Band has returned to the lineup at the Marching Band Festival in Allentown…an event where they were one of the top headliners on the docket not that long ago. So glad we have a new Director…why the last one was allowed to stay so long is beyond me. He slowly wrecked what Doc built over the years.
          At most PASSHE schools the marching band is actually a course taught by a professor/instructor. At best an academic department program. So the "director" is really just a faculty member subject to the union CBA. Hard to remove without wrongdoing or running them off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

At most PASSHE schools the marching band is actually a course taught by a professor/instructor. At best an academic department program. So the "director" is really just a faculty member subject to the union CBA. Hard to remove without wrongdoing or running them off.
            Crimson Abomination was cause for termination in my book.

Comment

Crimson Abomination was cause for termination in my book.
              He did bless us with years and years of Ghostbusters.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He did bless us with years and years of Ghostbusters.
                Another reason!

Comment

Another reason!
                  My all-time favorite (and both Tort and Curt complained about it) was when IUP would be driving in to that end zone and they'd be playing that garbage full blast. You know, make it as loud as possible for the home team.

Comment

• I've followed PSAC football somewhat in the past few years but never IUP specifically. A family friend joined the team this year so I'll be at pretty much every game this season.

Just looking for some insights on what to expect out of IUP's offense this year. I think I'm correct in thinking that IUP has been a somewhat run heavy team in the past years, but I have high hopes that they'll air it out more because of all their new weapons this season. No matter what the gameplan is, I'm looking forward to being able to follow a winning team for once!

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepBallEnjoyer View Post
                      I've followed PSAC football somewhat in the past few years but never IUP specifically. A family friend joined the team this year so I'll be at pretty much every game this season.

Just looking for some insights on what to expect out of IUP's offense this year. I think I'm correct in thinking that IUP has been a somewhat run heavy team in the past years, but I have high hopes that they'll air it out more because of all their new weapons this season. No matter what the gameplan is, I'm looking forward to being able to follow a winning team for once!
                      The expectations are that IUP will field a high-powered offense. The offense going back many years would be best categorized as a balanced attack. Even with all the potential weapons in the passing game, I look for IUP to have a balance between the passing game and the running game. They should be pretty strong running team with Houser, Younger, Gregg, and Washington. Many years they have gone with 4 backs getting carries and rotating, to a certain extent. Gregg is listed at 234 lbs. now. If that is true he might be the short-yardage guy they have been lacking the last few years.

Comment

• T minus 17

The scrimmage Wednesday night is open to the public.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          T minus 17

The scrimmage Wednesday night is open to the public.
                          What time is the fray?

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

What time is the fray?
                            Not sure. I think I heard 7 p.m. but I'll confirm.

Comment

• Hearing from sources that Karst Hunter is the REAL DEAL. We will see come August 31st. The 6-5 220 pound body with speed and the arm is great from the highlights I saw on him.

Comment

• I'm intrigued by your opener vs Ashland. I think you handle them by 10 but should be a great game to use as a barometer. As much as first games can be used

Grand Valley vs Colorado Mines on paper is game of the week. I don't think Mines has anything for them. I the GV is good this year. Real good.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X