Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Can't take much out of ESU's game film last week matched up against a cream puff.

But, they could take a lot out of IUP's film.

Tort better have the special teams and OL fixed. I'm not sure those are as quick of fixes as he's leading on.

I fully expect IUP to commit at least one (probably two) stupid personal fouls tomorrow (as usual).

It's going to be a good one.
    I’ll miss it..going into the city tomorrow for a happy hour and dinner with friends. I too expect a battle. East Dennyburg isn’t going to roll over.

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post

Weather could play a factor in this as well. This matchup actually isn't all that different from Ashland last week. I'm guessing the difference again is the talent on the outside for IUP. Should be a good physical game, looking forward to it.
      This matchup is significantly different than Ashland was. I’m seeing an awful lot of love for an ESU team that was 4-7 last year that didn’t beat a single good team. Ashland is far superior to ESU across the board and IUP is coming in a little more rested. If IUP doesn’t put this one away by the third quarter I’ll be surprised. This is also a pretty untested QB ESU is bringing to town and he’s not facing anything close to what he saw against Pace. I expect at least two pics. Anyone who followed Tobias in high school knows that despite the big numbers he racked up he was prone to interceptions. Something to keep an eye on.

ESU does have a credible defense, but it’s not enough to keep IUP’s total low enough to leave Indiana with a win. IUP will have to beat itself (like almost happened last week).

Comment

• Looks like rain and storms all morning and most of the afternoon in Indiana. Luckily it appears the weather will start clearing out around (4pm) kickoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

This matchup is significantly different than Ashland was. I’m seeing an awful lot of love for an ESU team that was 4-7 last year that didn’t beat a single good team. Ashland is far superior to ESU across the board and IUP is coming in a little more rested. If IUP doesn’t put this one away by the third quarter I’ll be surprised. This is also a pretty untested QB ESU is bringing to town and he’s not facing anything close to what he saw against Pace. I expect at least two pics. Anyone who followed Tobias in high school knows that despite the big numbers he racked up he was prone to interceptions. Something to keep an eye on.

ESU does have a credible defense, but it’s not enough to keep IUP’s total low enough to leave Indiana with a win. IUP will have to beat itself (like almost happened last week).
          ESU runs a good offense. Recall Tort Ball got lit up by it a bit last year. Different team. Different year. I get it.

I fully expect IUP to win today. But, as I've said all summer, I don't see this as any pushover. As Joe says, ESU has some dudes.

Biggest 'Lou Holtz' fears today:

* Ashland's DL caused havoc. ESU has a better DL. If we want to see the Karst Magic, he can't be running for his life again all day.

* Punt team. Punter. Punt return. Hell, anything with the word punt in it.

* Slow start. Tort teams are infamous for slow starts in Miller. Need to avoid giving hope.

* This is a 'moment' game for ESU. They are going to be sky high to start game.

* Personal fouls. Every Tort team has struggled with discipline after the whistle -- special teams in particular. Sooner or later, it costs you a game.

IUP Keys:

* Establish the run. When IUP gets running, that offense will explode. Try covering those three WRs, that TE and also worrying about Karst taking off ... while worrying about the running game. If IUP can run (attn: OL) they'll be incredible on offense.

* ESU isn't playing the Pace defense or offense today. IUP is a whole different animal. Aside, of course, from special teams. Those could be on par with Pace.

* Watch the junk plays and whacky formations

* Keep the hammer down. Last year IUP went up 20-0 and then put on cruise control for the next two quarters. Eliminate hope.

* Quinn Z. is going to get a lot of attention after last week. Enter Lockhart and Ridley. No team can cover all three for a whole game. They are too big, good and experienced. Get all three involved. Early.

Comment

• Campolo gonna have a long year with this bunch. Goodness

Comment

Campolo gonna have a long year with this bunch. Goodness
              So much for the OL transfers moving right in and dominating
              Still they had a few good plays, they might gel

Comment

• REALLY SICK of "that CB" !!!!!!!!

Comment

• WTF?

Comment

• Did IUP have a timeout?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                      Did IUP have a timeout?
                      No. Our coaches can't count to three.

Comment

No. Our coaches can't count to three.
                        Expect a taunting post about that by you know who…

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Expect a taunting post about that by you know who…
                          Deservedly so. To the victor goes the spoils.

Tort should be in elementary math class tomorrow at 7am learning what 1 + 2 is. (Hint: It's not four). He literally just cost IUP a win.

I'm done with this staff
                          ​​​​​

Comment

Deservedly so. To the victor goes the spoils.

Tort should be in elementary math class tomorrow at 7am learning what 1 + 2 is. (Hint: It's not four). He literally just cost IUP a win.

I'm done with this staff
                            ​​​​​
                            See East Dennyburg won because of the Score Board being wrong.

HA!!

Losing crossovers isn’t as bad as losing divisional games.

No need to hit the panic but yet…but keep your hand close to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

See East Dennyburg win because of the Score Board being wrong.

HA!!
                              The Tort Show on Monday will be a classic

Those likely to be blamed:

* Jack for not sending a bat signal from the booth

* The band for leaving early

* Ghost of Chris Webber

* IUP fans for not screaming louder that he was out of timeouts (despite the actual euphoria)

* Larry Wilson for calling the same worthless run play 32 times

* The officials

* The scoreboard operator

* Sloth from The Goonies, Elvis and Apollo Creed

* All the grad student coaches
                              ​​​​​

Comment

The Tort Show on Monday will be a classic

Those likely to be blamed:

* Jack for not sending a bat signal from the booth

* The band for leaving early

* Ghost of Chris Webber

* IUP fans for not screaming louder that he was out of timeouts (despite the actual euphoria)

* Larry Wilson for calling the same worthless run play 32 times

* The officials

* The scoreboard operator

* Sloth from The Goonies, Elvis and Apollo Creed

* All the grad student coaches
                                ​​​​​
                                The Larry Wilson part holds some water. Great individual plays got them in the red zone like 6 or 7 times and they only scored 13

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X