Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

*shrugging shoulders*

The point stands. It didn't have to be directed at me.

It had nothing to do with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

We'll see but I have my doubts. I'm curious if this staff can keep the team together after that disaster. Think lack of confidence in the leader type thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if IUP wins next week but I also wouldn't be surprised if they don't show up (Edinboro 2021 or Ship 2018). It's happened twice now under Tort in the hangover week.

Or, the lightbulb goes off and the fire gets lit. Perhaps they were reading too many articles about who great they allegedly were. Most are going to lose a game. Not many go undefeated.

It's up to them now. Lose again, and, well, it's not up to them any longer.
      ​​​​​
      Well, this is the Ship team of 2023. They have so much more talent than Shippensburg this season that their coaches should be fired on the spot if they lose Sept. 16.

Comment

• Why last night did the scoreboard say there was 1 timeout left during that last play? The people I was sitting by thought IUP had 1 TO left because of the scoreboard.

Comment

• One more thing. ESU should probably have been called for delay of game at 0:19 of the 4th, Hunter was untouched for 4 seconds after kneeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post
            Why last night did the scoreboard say there was 1 timeout left during that last play? The people I was sitting by thought IUP had 1 TO left because of the scoreboard.
            The scoreboard operator made a mistake. It happens. But a coaching staff can't go by the scoreboard. The official even announced that IUP had used its final timeout with 0:26 left.
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Why last night did the scoreboard say there was 1 timeout left during that last play? The people I was sitting by thought IUP had 1 TO left because of the scoreboard.
              Somebody in the box f-ed up. The scoreboard was incorrect. But, coaches should never rely on the scoreboard (although it was clear Tort was).

I'm sure that person had a great weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Well, this is the Ship team of 2023. They have so much more talent than Shippensburg this season that their coaches should be fired on the spot if they lose Sept. 16.
                We'll see. On paper, this should be a 52-14 game. But, hard to say what IUP will look like. Ship is either going to get the full rath of frustration ... or, IUP will play like it could care less.

As stated earlier, IUP has played two really good teams to start the season.

If Tort can right the ship, the actual Ship should get smashed.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Didn't you tell us a couple days ago that the concerns from the rest of us were unwarranted and IUP would blow out ESU?
                  My point was that I didn’t think ESU was very good. I’m happy to admit that ESU was better than I thought, but the big surprise for me was how good IUP isn’t. Let’s also not forget that it took a 4th down pass to Ridley to keep that drive alive in the first place. I hope I’m also wrong about IUP not being a top tier team.

I appreciate the support jrshooter! A few posters here apparently don’t realize they shouldn’t throw stones in glass houses.
                  Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 09-10-2023, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Actually, just before what Tort thought was his second timeout, the scoreboard showed that IUP had three. I knew that was wrong but it was never changed. It’s probably not out of the realm of possibility that the coaching staff also saw that and got a false sense of security. After the second timeout, the clock operator took IUP’s timeouts from 3 to 1 instead of from 1 to 0. Yes, even that person wasn’t on their job. I have mixed feelings about that. The first one is the coaching staff can’t rely on the scoreboard for accurate timeout counts. Second, if you’re going to run the scoreboard, do it well! It doesn’t seem that difficult to me. Who knows? Maybe there was a sub up there.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

My point was that I didn’t think ESU was very good. I’m happy to admit that ESU was better than I thought, but the big surprise for me was how good IUP isn’t. Let’s also not forget that it took a 4th down pass to Ridley to keep that drive alive in the first place. I hope I’m also wrong about IUP not being a top tier team.
                      ESU is legit. I said that all summer. So is Ashland. IUP had a very tough first two games. Creampuffs are a comin'

They should wallop Shippensburg (but we'll see).

Everybody is going to lose sooner or later. They win out, they are fine. Lose again, it's out of their control.

Captain Smith hit the iceberg yesterday. Let's see if the ship sinks or not.

Comment

ESU is legit. I said that all summer. So is Ashland. IUP had a very tough first two games. Creampuffs are a comin'

They should wallop Shippensburg (but we'll see).

Everybody is going to lose sooner or later. They win out, they are fine. Lose again, it's out of their control.

Captain Smith hit the iceberg yesterday. Let's see if the ship sinks or not.
                        Yes, they absolutely control their own destiny and if they win the next nine the debacle yesterday will be something we all laugh about. What’ they’ve done though is narrow their margin for error when it comes to getting into the playoffs. You likely still get in with two losses but you’re almost certainly sitting home watching with three.

Comment

We'll see. On paper, this should be a 52-14 game. But, hard to say what IUP will look like. Ship is either going to get the full rath of frustration ... or, IUP will play like it could care less.

As stated earlier, IUP has played two really good teams to start the season.

If Tort can right the ship, the actual Ship should get smashed.
                          The "actual" Ship? Didn't realize there was another one.

We're used to getting the "full wrath" of IUP because we usually play like crap against them whether we have a good team or not, and we haven't had good teams recently. You are entirely right that it could be a 52-14 game, and that's an indictment of the direction the Ship program is heading. Losses to teams such as IUP and Shepherd who put big resources into football can be justified to an extent, but our recent slippage against programs such as Millersville and East Stroud is much less acceptable. There are some early indications of a program starting to circle around the drain, and in this era of portal transfer it's harder and harder to get that drain plugged as the program springs leaks. Khalid Dorsey at The Rock and Ian Sheehan at Duquesne are two players Ship could have used this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Yes, they absolutely control their own destiny and if they win the next nine the debacle yesterday will be something we all laugh about. What’ they’ve done though is narrow their margin for error when it comes to getting into the playoffs. You likely still get in with two losses but you’re almost certainly sitting home watching with three.
                            I assume, today, they split Rock and Cal.

Comment

• Heard yesterday after the game that the play before the last play the head referee told Tort they had 1 TO left. So you have the scoreboard wrong and the head ref saying you have 1 timeout left to the head coach. Maybe that’s why Tort was going insane in the refs face when the clock hit zero.??

Comment

Heard yesterday after the game that the play before the last play the head referee told Tort they had 1 TO left. So you have the scoreboard wrong and the head ref saying you have 1 timeout left to the head coach. Maybe that’s why Tort was going insane in the refs face when the clock hit zero.??
                                He's full of shiz. It's his job (and his 15 assistants) to know. The whole stadium knew. He (they) didn't.

Typical 'who me' reaction from him.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X