Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The great thing about a wedding reception: if you tip well and tell them your college team lost, they’ll fill up your cup with straight liquor. Well, at least I can drink this loss away. Here’s hoping for a bounce back next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Deservedly so. To the victor goes the spoils.

Tort should be in elementary math class tomorrow at 7am learning what 1 + 2 is. (Hint: It's not four). He literally just cost IUP a win.

I'm done with this staff
      ​​​​​
      Well he is a graduate of Slimey Pebble.

You might be expecting too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The Tort Show on Monday will be a classic

Those likely to be blamed:

* Jack for not sending a bat signal from the booth

* The band for leaving early

* Ghost of Chris Webber

* IUP fans for not screaming louder that he was out of timeouts (despite the actual euphoria)

* Larry Wilson for calling the same worthless run play 32 times

* The officials

* The scoreboard operator

* Sloth from The Goonies, Elvis and Apollo Creed

* All the grad student coaches
        ​​​​​
        The IUP score board operator should have posted this message across the video board:

You’re Welcome.

Comment

• So the Football team has math issues? They can sit right next to the baseball team this Summer

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
            So the Football team has math issues? They can sit right next to the baseball team this Summer
            Told ya so BigIndians!

He’s beyond predictable!

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
              So the Football team has math issues? They can sit right next to the baseball team this Summer
              They have to get that new STEM facility operational and fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

The team doesn't. Just HC Captain Smith (of Titanic fame).

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

..or maybe not have coaches educated at other Pee Sack clap for credit institutions!

Frank never made these blunders. He was educated properly.

Comment

• One of the most bizarre endings I've ever seen to a game, and I've been watching football for a long time. So now a Ship team headed rapidly for nowheresville gets to travel to Indiana next week to face what probably will be a totally amped-up IUP team. Gee, thanks Tort.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
                      One of the most bizarre endings I've ever seen to a game, and I've been watching football for a long time. So now a Ship team headed rapidly for nowheresville gets to travel to Indiana next week to face what probably will be a totally amped-up IUP team. Gee, thanks Tort.
                      Passed history has been that Tort’s teams play horrible the week after a bad loss. Think losing to Edinboro after the Cal punt block loss - another coaching disaster I might add.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Passed history has been that Tort’s teams play horrible the week after a bad loss. Think losing to Edinboro after the Cal punt block loss - another coaching disaster I might add.
                        Lost in all of this is how poorly they played for much of the day yesterday. This could also easily be an 0-2 team. They certainly haven’t looked like a team that’s going places so even if they do show up ready to play next weekend it’s far from a guarantee that they’ll win. I think it’s time to come to the realization that this team just may not be that good. Teams capable of making a playoff run beat teams like East Stroudsburg by 2-3 scores at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Lost in all of this is how poorly they played for much of the day yesterday. This could also easily be an 0-2 team. They certainly haven’t looked like a team that’s going places so even if they do show up ready to play next weekend it’s far from a guarantee that they’ll win. I think it’s time to come to the realization that this team just may not be that good. Teams capable of making a playoff run beat teams like East Stroudsburg by 2-3 scores at home.
                          I don’t see them as that bad. The defense will keep them in most games. Ashland gave Ferris a good game yesterday, scored 28 on them. They will be in the conversation if they don’t quit.

Comment

East Dennyburg just matches up well against them.
                            Last edited by IUPNation; 09-10-2023, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
                              One of the most bizarre endings I've ever seen to a game, and I've been watching football for a long time. So now a Ship team headed rapidly for nowheresville gets to travel to Indiana next week to face what probably will be a totally amped-up IUP team. Gee, thanks Tort.
                              We'll see but I have my doubts. I'm curious if this staff can keep the team together after that disaster. Think lack of confidence in the leader type thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if IUP wins next week but I also wouldn't be surprised if they don't show up (Edinboro 2021 or Ship 2018). It's happened twice now under Tort in the hangover week.

Or, the lightbulb goes off and the fire gets lit. Perhaps they were reading too many articles about who great they allegedly were. Most are going to lose a game. Not many go undefeated.

It's up to them now. Lose again, and, well, it's not up to them any longer.
                              ​​​​​

Comment

This matchup is significantly different than Ashland was. I’m seeing an awful lot of love for an ESU team that was 4-7 last year that didn’t beat a single good team. Ashland is far superior to ESU across the board and IUP is coming in a little more rested. If IUP doesn’t put this one away by the third quarter I’ll be surprised. This is also a pretty untested QB ESU is bringing to town and he’s not facing anything close to what he saw against Pace. I expect at least two pics. Anyone who followed Tobias in high school knows that despite the big numbers he racked up he was prone to interceptions. Something to keep an eye on.

ESU does have a credible defense, but it’s not enough to keep IUP’s total low enough to leave Indiana with a win. IUP will have to beat itself (like almost happened last week).
                                Not going to rub salt in the wounds, so I’m not going to comment on this game at all, but you can’t get away with a bold post like this and not acknowledge how wrong you were. To be fair, I was only mostly right as I saw this as a dog fight but thought IUP would still escape with the victory. I’ve watched football in this conference for a long time, maybe think twice before prematurely telling me how wrong I am?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X