Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

We'll see but I have my doubts. I'm curious if this staff can keep the team together after that disaster. Think lack of confidence in the leader type thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if IUP wins next week but I also wouldn't be surprised if they don't show up (Edinboro 2021 or Ship 2018). It's happened twice now under Tort in the hangover week.

​​​​​
    Oh no we suck again!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post

Not going to rub salt in the wounds, so I’m not going to comment on this game at all, but you can’t get away with a bold post like this and not acknowledge how wrong you were. To be fair, I was only mostly right as I saw this as a dog fight but thought IUP would still escape with the victory. I’ve watched football in this conference for a long time, maybe think twice before prematurely telling me how wrong I am?
      Well his last sentence was spot on. IUP did beat itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Lost in all of this is how poorly they played for much of the day yesterday. This could also easily be an 0-2 team. They certainly haven’t looked like a team that’s going places so even if they do show up ready to play next weekend it’s far from a guarantee that they’ll win. I think it’s time to come to the realization that this team just may not be that good. Teams capable of making a playoff run beat teams like East Stroudsburg by 2-3 scores at home.
        Didn't you tell us a couple days ago that the concerns from the rest of us were unwarranted and IUP would blow out ESU?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Question is what happens next. This team could be 2-0. It could also be 0-2.

Lots of talent. Poor coaching. Frustrated fan base.

We're going to learn a lot next weekend. If the team has strong leaders, maybe something good will come out of Tort's math issues. If it doesn't, this train could come off the rails quickly.

An 0-2 Ship team (that just lost in freaking Greensburg) is up next. The trip near Butler is approaching. If they want a season, Ship best pay the price this weekend.

Comment

That missed extra point got lost in the shuffle of Math Gate. But, that missed extra point looms pretty large in a one-point loss.

Comment

Not going to rub salt in the wounds, so I’m not going to comment on this game at all, but you can’t get away with a bold post like this and not acknowledge how wrong you were. To be fair, I was only mostly right as I saw this as a dog fight but thought IUP would still escape with the victory. I’ve watched football in this conference for a long time, maybe think twice before prematurely telling me how wrong I am?

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Didn't you tell us a couple days ago that the concerns from the rest of us were unwarranted and IUP would blow out ESU?
              You know what?

If I wanted to take the time, I could go back on any one of you and give you **** about a prediction gone wrong. Any one of you.

I mean, crap, I picked Ship AND IUP to win this weekend. Jump my ass while you're at it.

Comment

That missed extra point got lost in the shuffle of Math Gate. But, that missed extra point looms pretty large in a one-point loss.
                Naw, ESU wouldn’t have gone for two, and would have won 14-13 . Iup not scoring TDs in the red zone was the problem 6 or 7 trips and 12 points

Comment

You are wrong, most of the time. Some of us don’t have time to keep track and come back later…you know…like children do.

I still don’t see East Stroudsburg winning the East. We’ll see, and I’m sure you’ll save this somewhere and wait for that to happen because you must have a lot of time on your hands. The biggest thing I was wrong about is how good IUP is, or isn’t. They’re just not that good right now.

Comment

• Maybe I'm less concerned about this loss to ESU than I should be. A loss is a loss is a loss and losses do not help when it comes time for PO rankings, as we know. However, it is not a divisional loss and I think the West Division championship game will pit IUP and SRU against each other, as usual. The SRU passing attack from their QB to Sheets is pretty awesome, or at least it looked that way in the time I was watching SRU-WCU yesterday. But Sheets only caught 2 out of 20 of Long's completions. The rest were spread around. to other receivers. Sheets' 2 receptions averaged 61.5 yards. Those were the 2 plays I saw before I turned it off. IUP's secondary is also awesome. It should be an interesting matchup.

SRU QB Long is really good. Sheets is really good. SRU is deep everywhere. But enough about SRU. Regardless of yesterday's result, IUP is still loaded. They have to develop as the season goes on. What I am encouraged by is that Ashland was very competitive with Ferris State yesterday and IUP, aside from the special teams mistakes, defeated Ashland handily in terms of stats.

IUP has played 2 really tough games to start out the season. Regarding the problems on the OL, it could be that IUP has just run into 2 really good defenses at this point. I think the next 2 weeks are going to look a lot different.

I think IUP can grow as the season progresses. Also, I wouldn't call them a young team by any measure; however, I count only 6 players on the roster who are in their last year of eligibility. 4 of the 6 are starters. I think the team can develop well beyond what we've seen so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

You know what?

If I wanted to take the time, I could go back on any one of you and give you **** about a prediction gone wrong. Any one of you.

I mean, crap, I picked Ship AND IUP to win this weekend. Jump my ass while you're at it.
                      Well, my comment wasn't directed to you it was directed to Eye of the Hawk who I respect greatly as an IUP poster but clearly didn't seem to think ESU was going to match up with IUP.

Comment

I see two long scoring drives that were 18 plays total and only got 6 points (2 field goals) out of it. That's not good.

Giving up a 59 yard pass play to a back up QB. Not good either.

However they had the ball inside the 10 with seconds to go and lost the game.

You have a list of reasons of why they lost.

East Dennyburg obviously did enough to keep the game within their reach but in the end IUP gift wrapped them a nice present. Hopefully Jimmy puts Torts on his Christmas card list this year.
                        Last edited by IUPNation; 09-10-2023, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

You know what?

Don't forget that over/under. Lol.

Those are always a b*tch.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Well, my comment wasn't directed to you it was directed to Eye of the Hawk who I respect greatly as an IUP poster but clearly didn't seem to think ESU was going to match up with IUP.
                            *shrugging shoulders*

The point stands. It didn't have to be directed at me.

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Don't forget that over/under. Lol.

Those are always a b*tch.
                            You absolutely get full credit for that. LOL.

Comment

I see two long scoring drives that were 18 plays total and only got 6 points (2 field goals) out of it. That's not good.

Giving up a 53 yard pass play to a back up QB. Not good either.

However they had the ball inside the 10 with seconds to go and lost the game.

You have a list of reasons of why they lost.
                              My list is real short

* You don't get (4) timeouts in a half

* You didn't get to try an extra point level FG to win the game

* 36 attempts for 52 net yards rushing

* 1.4 yards per carry

* Three experienced RBs with absolutely nowhere to go. Larry Wilson called up the middle runs at least 20 times that were immediately destroyed

* OL isn't functioning well (to be polite)

Comment

• As an alum... IUP needs to make big changes at all the levels of the University including the Athletic Dept. The expectation is IUP dominate Academically and Athletically. Early 90's set the bar...anything less is unacceptable.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X