Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    So Track U won the Cross Country title yet again but IUP came in third. The Friggen CC team will earn more Dixon point than foosball.

It feels like sabotage.
    It's not. Nobody cares about those sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
      Hey, Track U did win the X-country! Woop-woop!

Wait till you see what the squash team got out of the transfer portal ...
      Maybe with IUP improving in CC we’ll finally take that away from youse in the future.

:-)

Comment

• The last Tort Show of the year was quite entertaining.

Some highlights:

* The official is still being blamed for the ESU debacle

* Tort is about spent on missing XPs

* At worst, they should be 8-2 instead of 5-5 (and possibly 9-1)

* Tort thinks (I agree) Karst learned a lot in his 4 weeks watching.

* Likely buying a LB and DL(s) in portal

* Projecting at least 20 seniors next year
        ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          The last Tort Show of the year was quite entertaining.

Some highlights:

* The official is still being blamed for the ESU debacle

* Tort is about spent on missing XPs

* At worst, they should be 8-2 instead of 5-5 (and possibly 9-1)

* Tort thinks (I agree) Karst learned a lot in his 4 weeks watching.

* Likely buying a LB and DL(s) in portal

* Projecting at least 20 seniors next year
          ​​​​​​
          This isn't a secret, but the absolute hardest thing to "buy" in the portal is DL/OL that are really good. Our best OL/DL are going the other way, and if they are a good to decent OL/DL at that level, they don't go down to D2. For shopping, the best that they are going to do is poach from one of the other D2 schools which could still net a great player.

LB is also one of the easier positions to recruit and develop. So many tweeners end up at that size, almost would seem like a waste of a "buy."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

This isn't a secret, but the absolute hardest thing to "buy" in the portal is DL/OL that are really good. Our best OL/DL are going the other way, and if they are a good to decent OL/DL at that level, they don't go down to D2. For shopping, the best that they are going to do is poach from one of the other D2 schools which could still net a great player.

LB is also one of the easier positions to recruit and develop. So many tweeners end up at that size, almost would seem like a waste of a "buy."
            Wrong. The hardest players to get are QBS and CBS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

Wrong. The hardest players to get are QBS and CBS.
              DB's are a dime a dozen. QB's flock as soon as they aren't named a starter. Lineman that are good, don't leave or only go up in division. Ask any coach in the PSAC how hard it is to get a good accomplished DT or OL.

I wholeheartedly disagree with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

DB's are a dime a dozen. QB's flock as soon as they aren't named a starter. Lineman that are good, don't leave or only go up in division. Ask any coach in the PSAC how hard it is to get a good accomplished DT or OL.

I wholeheartedly disagree with you.
                With all due respect any PSAC coach will tell you that a good cover corner (not just a "db") is very hard to find. Secondly, a good QB is very hard to find. Have you looked at any statistics from this year's batch of PSAC QBS? Outside of 3 or 4 they are not good....at all.

Comment

With all due respect any PSAC coach will tell you that a good cover corner (not just a "db") is very hard to find. Secondly, a good QB is very hard to find. Have you looked at any statistics from this year's batch of PSAC QBS? Outside of 3 or 4 they are not good....at all.
                  HMM. I wonder if QB stats have any correlation to how well the O-lineman protect them...

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

HMM. I wonder if QB stats have any correlation to how well the O-lineman protect them...
                    Uhhhhhh yea...... As does the OC, receivers etc. That's a given. I'm talking QB skills. Arm strength, mobility, quick release, IQ etc. Have seen most PSAC teams in action this year. Not a good year as far as the QB quality that most (not all) teams put out there. Fact.

Comment

Uhhhhhh yea...... As does the OC, receivers etc. That's a given. I'm talking QB skills. Arm strength, mobility, quick release, IQ etc. Have seen most PSAC teams in action this year. Not a good year as far as the QB quality that most (not all) teams put out there. Fact.
                      I'm just going to say this straight up. I don't think this is a good year for the PSAC. SRU is good, but I feel like the conference as a whole has been pretty weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I'm just going to say this straight up. I don't think this is a good year for the PSAC. SRU is good, but I feel like the conference as a whole has been pretty weak.
                        Couple solid teams and the rest are average at best.

Comment

Agreed

Comment

It's not. Nobody cares about those sports.
                            Well, since our football team basically gets about as much press coverage as our cross country team, I think it's safe to say that not many people outside the schools involved care about any of it.

Comment

The East outside of Shepherd and Kutztown really hasn't been good for several years now. Ship and Bloom have slowly declined over the past decade into weak sisters. The guy at Lock Haven has done a pretty amazing job this year, but even with the improvement they're Tier 2 at best and you wonder how many people he continue to bring into Lock Haven. Millersville appeared to have turned a corner at the end of last season and beginning of this one, but they've regressed over the last half of this season. West Chester should be a heavy hitter, but seem content to muddle along recently. Maybe a new coach will breathe some life into what used to be one of the PSAC's strongest programs. East Stroudsburg seems to have made real progress, but the recent game with Shepherd showed they have a way to go yet. I think you may see more Deion Sanders-style roster shakeups among the weaker teams in the future as just trying to bring in a typical class each year while the stronger teams poach your best players is not going to work. I could be entirely wrong about that.

Basketball in the PSAC tends to be more competitive overall because you can be competitive with 3-4 strong players and some complementary guys rather than the 15-20 you probably need in football. Scholarships in basketball might be 8-9 for the better-funded teams vs. 5-6 for the others, while in football it could be 30 vs. 15 or 16.

Comment

Couple solid teams and the rest are average at best.
                                That is where I am with it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X