Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeepBallEnjoyer View Post

Are you the kickers dad or something? Definitely can’t remember 3 blocked XPs. MAYBE 2. I’ll give you SOME credit on the blocking and snaps though. I’ve seen that holder reaching for balls a time or two. On the hitting from 50 yds though… He can’t even hit from 20…
    Yeah…agree. You can’t miss that many extra points. You just can’t…period. No excuses. There are kids in Class A programs across the state hitting a higher percentage.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Option foosball is bs foosball.
      Most running formations eventually involve some sort of option unless you plan to directly hand it off to the running back on every play. And even the sidecar stuff they're using now usually involves some RPO plays.

Comment

• Interesting article in the Gazette today. Check it out.

Tort is either getting flack from the elderly in Section C or he's reading this message boards too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Interesting article in the Gazette today. Check it out.

Tort is either getting flack from the elderly in Section C or he's reading this message boards too much.
          This was my favorite quote.

"There are coaches that think when they win, they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. But when they lose, it’s somebody else’s fault. I’m not one of those guys. You want to give me credit when we win? Whatever. I don’t really care. But I’m not going to say a word when we lose and you say I suck, because it works both ways.”

As if there weren't actual quotes after each loss of him pointing the finger at the refs or his own players.

Comment

Poor me article. blah!!!

Comment

Do the hearts of those in the Crypt beat enough for them to get mad?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Do the hearts of those in the Crypt beat enough for them to get mad?
                When the pacemakers are doing their job, yes.

Comment

• What it comes down to is results. There are times when it's better to say nothing. Probably his biggest job right now is to motivate. Not just the team but the fan base, donors, everybody. Turn it around. I think everybody will give him the opportunity to turn it around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

When the pacemakers are doing their job, yes.
                    Well, Tort and the Timeouts -- if anything -- are a very small favorite against Clarion. Hell, they may be a road dog.

The last time Clarion had a shot to beat IUP, legitimately, was, well, a very long time ago.

If that doesn't set the pacemakers in to a rampage ... not sure what else could.

It's on the players now. If they want to be linked to being a part of one of the worst teams here in 50 years ... That's up to them.

I just don't want to watch another show with Tort babbling about "we just needed to do this or we just blocked the wrong guy" blah blah blah. Just f-ing do it already.

It's time to quit telling us why they keep missing extra points. Only person left to blame is Jack. This is college. Make the dang short kick.

Comment

• Interesting item in tomorrow's game:

Clarion is actually a very good first half team -- but has often vanished in the second half.

IUP doesn't show up until halftime.

This IUP offense certainly isn't built for big comebacks, so the Fighting Timeouts better come out swinging tomorrow. If not, the coach who doesn't blame others will be blaming everybody (again).

Curious to see if Tyrone Fowler plays tomorrow. Tort only suspended Stewart for one game last year. The Golden Eagles do run the ball pretty well so they could certainly use him. IUP's run defense hasn't exactly been very good lately.

Kickoff should be around 55 degrees - incredible weather for a game in November up there.

Comment

Interesting item in tomorrow's game:

Clarion is actually a very good first half team -- but has often vanished in the second half.

IUP doesn't show up until halftime.

This IUP offense certainly isn't built for big comebacks, so the Fighting Timeouts better come out swinging tomorrow. If not, the coach who doesn't blame others will be blaming everybody (again).

Curious to see if Tyrone Fowler plays tomorrow. Tort only suspended Stewart for one game last year. The Golden Eagles do run the ball pretty well so they could certainly use him. IUP's run defense hasn't exactly been very good lately.

Kickoff should be around 55 degrees - incredible weather for a game in November up there.
                        Clarion's QB is their leading rusher.

Comment

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

Clarion's QB is their leading rusher.
                          Whatever works. IUP isn't very good. Obviously. They are third in the league in rushing yards per game (and last in passing).

Clarion does have a pretty good RB although he's missed a ton of games this year.
                          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-03-2023, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Clarion's D is the only PSAC D to hold SRU scoreless in first quarter. ROCK only had a little of 100 yds rushing for game.

If you are on Fire Tort bandwagon, root for Clarion. again 4-7 should be a record worth firing; 6-5 or 5-6 probably not

I think IUP wins by double digits, whether Karst plays or not.

Comment

Whatever works. IUP isn't very good. Obviously. They are third in the league in rushing yards per game (and last in passing).

Clarion does have a pretty good RB although he's missed a ton of games this year.
                              He hasn't played since like week 3....they've been playing a true freshmen and he's shown some flashes, he has a bright future. Kind of crazy Clarion is playing with about 7-8 true freshmen on offense and has been since week 2 or 3 due to injuries across the board. They've done extremely well all things considered.

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post

He hasn't played since like week 3....they've been playing a true freshmen and he's shown some flashes, he has a bright future. Kind of crazy Clarion is playing with about 7-8 true freshmen on offense and has been since week 2 or 3 due to injuries across the board. They've done extremely well all things considered.
                                It will be a close game. This IUP team causes more self-inflicted pain upon itself than any team you'll ever see. Add in a couple missed extra points, untimely personal fouls, etc., and they'll be in another tussle.

I see Clarion jumping out, IUP coming back and then we'll see what happens.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X