Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloom was robbed. That was a CLEAR tumble.

Comment

• I may consider leaving Okorofor on the DL next year. He's playing there now out of necessity but he's making a huge impact.

Comment

• Great end to a rough season.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Great end to a rough season.
          Too little too late.

Comment

• Nice win. Complete performance from start to finish for the first time all season really. Offensive line was obviously better but Bloom’s front seven isn’t exactly a dominant group.

I watched Parker Gregg a bunch today. I have to ask why this kid wasn’t on the field a lot more earlier in the season? Not only is he a tough kid, he’s an intelligent player that reads his lead blocks very well. He also caught the TD pass, which shows he’s capable of that as well. I guess they had dreams of spreading the field and throwing it around, hitting some runs with numbers in the box, etc. Problem is that never worked and it took six or seven games to figure that out.

Some of the younger players did well today. I’ll give the coaching staff a little credit for making sure some of those kids got an opportunity. Yay! IUP avoids only the second losing season in the last 40 years. I’ll give them a “D” for the season.

Comment

• Tort should go steal this kid at Lock Haven. He seems a little undersized but has patience and guts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                Tort should go steal this kid at Lock Haven. He seems a little undersized but has patience and guts.
                This LH announcer must have pounded 12 Red Bulls this morning.

Comment

This LH announcer must have pounded 12 Red Bulls this morning.
                  And used it to down sone adderall

Comment

• Season is finally over - thank goodness. Hoping for a much better 2024 - and lest I forget #AllIn2FireTort

Comment

• Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
                      Season is finally over - thank goodness. Hoping for a much better 2024 - and lest I forget #AllIn2FireTort
                      I haven't followed Commonwealth Bloom at all but holding any team to 140 total yards and a scoreboard goose egg is pretty impressive. Hopefully this is a nice springboard in to the off-season.

Comment

I haven't followed Commonwealth Bloom at all but holding any team to 140 total yards and a scoreboard goose egg is pretty impressive. Hopefully this is a nice springboard in to the off-season.
                        Hopefully they will do an honest post mortem on this season, and fix some things. Crazy that they beat 8-3 Ashland, lost by a point and should have won against to 9-2 ESU - and held both teams to under 20. After two unimpressive wins against two cupcakes, they get hammered by SRU, give up 4 30+ yd pass plays to Cal, and loses Hunter. Limp through a game with 3-8 Edinboro, lose two close ones to Seton Hill and Gannon. And finish with two wins, though giving up too many points to Clarion, with Hunter returning.

So what happened to the defense that held ESU and Ashland two under twenty ? They keep playing to that standard, they finish 8-3, maybe 9-2 Sure losing a starting QB hurts, The defensive starters were mostly the same all year, one change in the secondary, Towler starting over Ingram, and Fowler was suspended. But there is something else going on . Then there's the question of Coaching in the 3 close losses. The inability to make short yardage when the games on the line (or even when its not) - next year won't be better than 9-2 or 8-3 and might be worse again if these things aren't cleaned up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Hopefully they will do an honest post mortem on this season, and fix some things. Crazy that they beat 8-3 Ashland, lost by a point and should have won against to 9-2 ESU - and held both teams to under 20. After two unimpressive wins against two cupcakes, they get hammered by SRU, give up 4 30+ yd pass plays to Cal, and loses Hunter. Limp through a game with 3-8 Edinboro, lose two close ones to Seton Hill and Gannon. And finish with two wins, though giving up too many points to Clarion, with Hunter returning.

So what happened to the defense that held ESU and Ashland two under twenty ? They keep playing to that standard, they finish 8-3, maybe 9-2 Sure losing a starting QB hurts, The defensive starters were mostly the same all year, one change in the secondary, Towler starting over Ingram, and Fowler was suspended. But there is something else going on . Then there's the question of Coaching in the 3 close losses. The inability to make short yardage when the games on the line (or even when its not) - next year won't be better than 9-2 or 8-3 and might be worse again if these things aren't cleaned up.
                          Tort and the old boy network is never going to beat anybody in X's and O's. They just need to have teams loaded up with upperclassmen that not even they can botch. Next year could be one of those teams (assuming these 18 returning starters stay).

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                            Nice win. Complete performance from start to finish for the first time all season really. Offensive line was obviously better but Bloom’s front seven isn’t exactly a dominant group.

I watched Parker Gregg a bunch today. I have to ask why this kid wasn’t on the field a lot more earlier in the season? Not only is he a tough kid, he’s an intelligent player that reads his lead blocks very well. He also caught the TD pass, which shows he’s capable of that as well. I guess they had dreams of spreading the field and throwing it around, hitting some runs with numbers in the box, etc. Problem is that never worked and it took six or seven games to figure that out.

Some of the younger players did well today. I’ll give the coaching staff a little credit for making sure some of those kids got an opportunity. Yay! IUP avoids only the second losing season in the last 40 years. I’ll give them a “D” for the season.
                            Against arguably the worst offense in the PSAC...Congrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

It's clear that "there is something else going on." But I don't think you can just look at it as what went on with IUP, you have to look at it with what went on with the competition, also. IUP regressed while the competition progressed as the season went on. That's a problem, IMO. Obviously, I hope they figure it out.

Comment

• One more thing. IUP averaged just under 300 yards rushing over the last 2 games. I question whether they can rely on a running attack to that extent against top teams. I think a healthy Stewart and the run threat from Hunter is pretty strong, though. I miss those long bombs from the QB to TD Brown.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X