Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

That's been my criticism for years. There have been several seasons where at least one of the three was pretty close to 36. None of the three schools are particularly wealthy, so I wonder how often academic discounts are stacked with athletic discounts. Sometimes you can only use one coupon code per order, you know. At the PASSHE schools, if you get an academic scholarship and an athletic scholarship, the university is paid with real money so it costs the university nothing. At a private, nearly all "scholarships" are really a discount from the sticker price. If the football coach offers a half scholarship, I doubt that can be paired with the automatic qualifying half scholarship for good students.
    The PSAC does not allow more than 30 Schollies per program. That is a conference rule. Nationally it is 36. Nobody in the PSAC has 30. Slippery Rock and Shepherd around 26 each.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

The PSAC does not allow more than 30 Schollies per program. That is a conference rule. Nationally it is 36. Nobody in the PSAC has 30. Slippery Rock and Shepherd around 26 each.
      Well, the 30 thing sounds arbitrary, but it's not much of a factor in the conference if nobody is reaching it anyway. And it probably would take more sugar daddies than most of these schools have to get them to that point.

Comment

I thought they had lifted the limit from 25 up to the maximum. several years ago.

Comment

• The Pee Sack dropped the IUP Rule of 25 max and everyone can now go to 36 if they can find the $$$ or offer it in coupons if you are a private school.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
            The Pee Sack dropped the IUP Rule of 25 max and everyone can now go to 36 if they can find the $$$ or offer it in coupons if you are a private school.
            Tort said to call a timeout this Thanksgiving and send him a check.

Comment

Pretty sure this is incorrect. As others have stated, several years ago the PSAC dropped a 25 cap on football as part of the negotiation to bring in Mercyhurst & Gannon. If this was brought back and nobody covered it or talked about it, that would be Deep State level secrecy.

Comment

Pretty sure this is incorrect. As others have stated, several years ago the PSAC dropped a 25 cap on football as part of the negotiation to bring in Mercyhurst & Gannon. If this was brought back and nobody covered it or talked about it, that would be Deep State level secrecy.
                I don't think Shepherd would have joined the PSAC if that were the case either. They aren't there, but the goal (like many, maybe a pipe dream) is to get to the full offering of 36.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I don't think Shepherd would have joined the PSAC if that were the case either. They aren't there, but the goal (like many, maybe a pipe dream) is to get to the full offering of 36.
                  I think the challenge for a lot of our schools is also finding the money for the women's teams to be Title IX compliant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

If the private schools are that high, they're sure not getting much out of it. Ship, with the league's lowest-rated offense this season, just beat Gannon for the second year in a row. Eight scholarships would be pretty pathetic for football. A lot of the basketball programs in the conference are at or near that.
                    Gannon fully funded in hoops and football. In addition they can get anyone in. Not the case at IUP where the administration has denied severally all Americans in the last 3 years. Fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Gannon fully funded in hoops and football. In addition they can get anyone in. Not the case at IUP where the administration has denied severally all Americans in the last 3 years. Fact.
                      I'm not arguing with you but how can one NOT get accepted at IUP right now? They must have near 1.0 GPA's for Christ sake. The acceptance rate right now is off the charts.

Is there more to the story (arrests, etc.?)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'm not arguing with you but how can one NOT get accepted at IUP right now? They must have near 1.0 GPA's for Christ sake. The acceptance rate right now is off the charts.

Seriously lol, all of our schools are basically accepting anyone who can spell their name at this point. FACT.

Comment

PASSHE can't deny admission for things like criminal records. They can deny campus living or force them into an online program, but can't outright deny unless they're a previously documented threat to campus safety.

But I think you're in the right direction that there must be more there. Kid didn't actually graduate high school, didn't submit a deposit, etc.

Comment

I think the challenge for a lot of our schools is also finding the money for the women's teams to be Title IX compliant.
                            That’s where Title IX needs to be amended. It needs to exclude foosball in the tallies. There are no ladies sports that costs as much and has the roster size as foosball.

All Title IX has done is cut men’s sports. It was supposed to open up opportunities for women, not cut them for men.

Comment

That’s most colleges these days…

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

That’s where Title IX needs to be amended. It needs to exclude foosball in the tallies. There are no ladies sports that costs as much and has the roster size as foosball.

All Title IX has done is cut men’s sports. It was supposed to open up opportunities for women, not cut them for men.
                                At most schools 55-65% of students are women and the gap is growing. That's the big problem for people who don't care for gender equity.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X