Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Now you get to develop them and watch them move up for their (valuable) last two seasons.
    It really is. The discussion on the National board about SR1 being weak is only going to get louder. So many teams in this diluted football region of the country to poach all the lower level OL/DL that show any promise as a freshman or sophomores. They don't transfer down if they are truly difference maker players. The ones that transfer down were D2 level at best or even worse. They only went D1 or FCS because they had the measurables but not the needed demeanor. And if you don't have the demeanor you won't cut it at D2 for the most part either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

It really is. The discussion on the National board about SR1 being weak is only going to get louder.
      Screw them. As everybody has said, the dynamics have changed with the transfer portal. I think the difference between our top programs and the D2 powers is narrowing. I believe that Shepherd, SRU, IUP, and Kutztown can play competitively with just about anybody in the country. Not saying SR1 will win in the semis but I think we will be competitive. I guess we'll find out next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Screw them. As everybody has said, the dynamics have changed with the transfer portal. I think the difference between our top programs and the D2 powers is narrowing. I believe that Shepherd, SRU, IUP, and Kutztown can play competitively with just about anybody in the country. Not saying SR1 will win in the semis but I think we will be competitive. I guess we'll find out next week.
        We aren't there yet. Our rep the last two years had an NFL QB and still got blasted twice. Our line play is too weak (with little depth).

Comment

I hope Kutztown wins. I think their style of play will allow for a more competitive SR1 semifinal game. It reminds me of the Cater led Shepherd teams where it was consistent balanced offense and a tough bend but don't break defense. You have to make those more talented teams earn it, and sustain drives. Can't just allow a free for all of big plays as Shepherd has done the last 3 seasons.

If Rock wins, I think they are too similar to Shepherd of the last couple years and we'll see a similar result. I also think IUP with their balanced offense last year, may have been a better matchup for the semifinal against Mines as well.

Comment

We aren't there yet. Our rep the last two years had an NFL QB and still got blasted twice. Our line play is too weak (with little depth).
            I know that is the conventional wisdom. Let's come back to this next Saturday afternoon.

Comment

I think the difference between our top programs and the D2 powers is narrowing.
              I wish I could agree but there is no evidence to suggest this. The most recent example was last season when Shepherd went in with an NFL QB and one of the best overall teams in SR1 in recent years and they got blown off the field by the team that then got destroyed the following week in the championship game. Neither of the two remaining PSAC teams are as good as Shepherd was last year.

Whichever team wins between Slippery Rock and Kutztown is going to get thrown to the wolves in the form of Colorado Mines (likely), or Grand Valley State. Remember the scene in Jurassic Park when they staked the goat out for bait?

Believe me, I’d love nothing more for you to come back in two weeks and say I told you so. I just don’t see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I wish I could agree but there is no evidence to suggest this. The most recent example was last season when Shepherd went in with an NFL QB and one of the best overall teams in SR1 in recent years and they got blown off the field by the team that then got destroyed the following week in the championship game. Neither of the two remaining PSAC teams are as good as Shepherd was last year.

Whichever team wins between Slippery Rock and Kutztown is going to get thrown to the wolves in the form of Colorado Mines (likely), or Grand Valley State. Remember the scene in Jurassic Park when they staked the goat out for bait?

Believe me, I’d love nothing more for you to come back in two weeks and say I told you so. I just don’t see it.
                I will come back and say that either I was wrong or that I was right but I'm sticking to my claim.

Comment

• IUP Volleyball pulled a shocker tonight in Erie and upset host Gannon.

IUP (23-10) will play in the Atlantic Region Final tomorrow.

Gannon had swept IUP in the regular season but IUP won the most important meeting.

Comment

IUP Volleyball pulled a shocker tonight in Erie and upset host Gannon.

IUP (23-10) will play in the Atlantic Region Final tomorrow.

Gannon had swept IUP in the regular season but IUP won the most important meeting.
                    They should consider it a payback.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

They should consider it a payback.
                      IUP plays Clarion tonight in the Atlantic Region Championship

For those unaware, Clarion is a powerhouse in Volleyball.

Comment

Do they pay their volleyball coach as much as the football coach?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Probably more

Comment

Clarion and Gannon have met in the PSAC championship and Atlantic region Championship the last 3-4 years in a row. Also, not sure if you’ve been paying attention but MBB has played 7 games and already has more wins than all of last year lol. They are still a year or two away from being a legitimate threat but they have improved a ton. Nice to see

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Don't get me started on that loser! She single handed destroyed athletics at Edinboro.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Don't get me started on that loser! She single handed destroyed athletics at Edinboro.
                                One of a few factors. Ironically her record since then has been rough.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X