X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Regarding 2024, Tort said in the IG:

"If IUP was a stock, I'd start buying right now."

They are in good shape. There's only one known Portal exit. Tort just may bounce back pretty quickly.

He's in on some very interesting transfers right now. Some of them have already played at Miller Stadium.
    I think IUP football stock might be a quick earner for next season but I don’t see it as a long-range plan in my portfolio. Maybe buy some shares for 2024 but then sell those suckers immediately after. My rating for the IUP football stock would be trending down.

While it’s nice that the majority of this year’s team will return, let’s not forget they weren’t very good. It’s not like a lot of guys are returning from a team that went 10-2. Saying that, I know a few of the right transfers can make a big difference but I think we saw this year how the portal can be a wolf in sheep’s clothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I think IUP football stock might be a quick earner for next season but I don’t see it as a long-range plan in my portfolio. Maybe buy some shares for 2024 but then sell those suckers immediately after. My rating for the IUP football stock would be trending down.

While it’s nice that the majority of this year’s team will return, let’s not forget they weren’t very good. It’s not like a lot of guys are returning from a team that went 10-2. Saying that, I know a few of the right transfers can make a big difference but I think we saw this year how the portal can be a wolf in sheep’s clothing.
      Yeah call me skeptical too. Seeing is believing.

Comment

That wasn't a good team this year. It wasn't coached well, either.

They did deal with some serious injuries -- especially on offense. We may look back and realize the 3.5 games Karst watched were the best thing to ever happen to him. He looked different in those last two games. I realize he was playing lower teams but he just looked as if the lightbulb finally turned on. I think he's in for a big year in 2024.

Keep in mind some of our competitors are getting wiped out this off-season with graduation losses.

IUP also doesn't have Mon Valley and the green team back to back next year (for the first time in a decade).

​​​​​​No mumbo jumbo from Tort next year. He is going to be loaded up with upperclassmen and seniors.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Yeah call me skeptical too. Seeing is believing.
          Have you ever seen Tort's overall record?

Sorry. I couldn't refuse.

Comment

Have you ever seen Tort's overall record?

Sorry. I couldn't refuse.
            You are only as good as your last effort.

He’s 6-5.

Comment

You are only as good as your last effort.

He’s 6-5.
              The main thought on my mind is this: what if it’s another 6-5 season in 2024? Does Tort finally get on the hot seat?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post

The main thought on my mind is this: what if it’s another 6-5 season in 2024? Does Tort finally get on the hot seat?
                That got The Lou Tepper the boot.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post

He'll retire before he gets fired.

I'd guess Tort goes 2-3 more years max.

I also think this year is the swan song for Lombardi.

Comment

That wasn't a good team this year. It wasn't coached well, either.

They did deal with some serious injuries -- especially on offense. We may look back and realize the 3.5 games Karst watched were the best thing to ever happen to him. He looked different in those last two games. I realize he was playing lower teams but he just looked as if the lightbulb finally turned on. I think he's in for a big year in 2024.

Keep in mind some of our competitors are getting wiped out this off-season with graduation losses.

IUP also doesn't have Mon Valley and the green team back to back next year (for the first time in a decade).

​​​​​​No mumbo jumbo from Tort next year. He is going to be loaded up with upperclassmen and seniors.
                    That’s the other thing. The same coaching staff will return, which also wasn’t good.

Your points are valid though and why a significant turnaround, at least for next season, is more likely than not. I agree that Karst was better upon his return, BUT, the competition was much lower. The offensive line showed signs of improvement, but they need better material and fast or as we saw, Karst with his average passing skills is going to struggle. Keep in mind Zinobile and Lockhart are gone now, and Zinobile was clearly his favorite target. Not playing the two best teams on the schedule back-to-back will help.

Regarding graduation losses of other PSAC teams, I think that mattered more before the portal but still impacts DII schools to some extent. Slippery Rock in particular has shown an ability to reload at key positions going the transfer route.

Comment

That’s the other thing. The same coaching staff will return, which also wasn’t good.

Your points are valid though and why a significant turnaround, at least for next season, is more likely than not. I agree that Karst was better upon his return, BUT, the competition was much lower. The offensive line showed signs of improvement, but they need better material and fast or as we saw, Karst with his average passing skills is going to struggle. Keep in mind Zinobile and Lockhart are gone now, and Zinobile was clearly his favorite target. Not playing the two best teams on the schedule back-to-back will help.

Regarding graduation losses of other PSAC teams, I think that mattered more before the portal but still impacts DII schools to some extent. Slippery Rock in particular has shown an ability to reload at key positions going the transfer route.
                      The irony of your last sentence. Dr. Evil lectured everyone that home grown was the only way to go and transfer were a bad thing…well it was when IUP did it.

Comment

Lockhart's career in Indiana wasn't meant to be. It was very unfortunate he got to play here so little. I think in two seasons he played in a total of 3.5 games.

To me, he's hard to count as a loss because he was never really on the field.

That's also fortunately one position with ample players looking for homes.

Comment

Lockhart's career in Indiana wasn't meant to be. It was very unfortunate he got to play here so little. I think in two seasons he played in a total of 3.5 games.

To me, he's hard to count as a loss because he was never really on the field.

That's also fortunately one position with ample players looking for homes.
                          It really is. Similar to the NFL where RB's are a dime a dozen, it seems the same can be said for WR's with how flooded the portal gets with them and RB's now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

It really is. Similar to the NFL where RB's are a dime a dozen, it seems the same can be said for WR's with how flooded the portal gets with them and RB's now.
                            The most valuable players in D2 are your lines on both sides. They are the players who win you titles and make you elite.

Comment

The most valuable players in D2 are your lines on both sides. They are the players who win you titles and make you elite.
                              Now you get to develop them and watch them move up for their (valuable) last two seasons.

Comment

Now you get to develop them and watch them move up for their (valuable) last two seasons.
                                Pretty much.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X