Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Linebacker Garrett Cox and defensive lineman Quadir Jacobs. Obviously Cox is the headliner given his accolades and IUP’s desperate need for linebackers. They need to go find another one somewhere because that position is a big hole to fill. It sounds like Jacobs is more of a project, but he’s big.

At the end of the day though I don’t care who they bring in because games aren’t won by announcing transfers or by the hype on this board. IUP was 6-5 last year with unacceptable losses to ESU, Gannon, and SETON HILL! They also failed to at least split the rivalry games with Slippery Rock and Cal.
    Looks like Tort just robbed Millersville pretty good.

Cox is a huge signing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Coach Tort just landed a first team all-American according to twitter world. Hopefully a couple more before the semester starts. It is interesting that Tort has made the playoffs every other year so hopefully that trend will stick.
      Write-up from the IG below. 1st Team AA LB is huge. As for the DL, I think he fits exactly what IUP is looking for there. He doesn't have to be a superstar. Looks to me like the Hawks are on the right track.

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...s-source=login

Comment

• Tort recruits well. No questions there.

This LB is a beast on film. Fantastic signing.

Comment

• Happy '24

May it be much better than 2023

Here's to counting timeouts ... and all that other bull****.

Just a hunch, but Tort bounces back in a big way.
          ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Happy '24

May it be much better than 2023

Here's to counting timeouts ... and all that other bull****.

Just a hunch, but Tort bounces back in a big way.
            ​​​​​​
            Between IUP and the Eagles..I’m think I need to swear off foosball.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Between IUP and the Eagles..I’m think I need to swear off foosball.
              Fells like very similar situations. The only difference is that the Eagles do make the playoffs..

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Fells like very similar situations. The only difference is that the Eagles do make the playoffs..
                It won't be a long stay...my only hope right now is they are the Texastan Rangers of the NFL.

The Rangers were cruising most of the summer with the best record in the AL and for a time all of MLB.

Then mid August they went into a tail spin that lasted the rest of the regular season.

On the last day of the season they lost the division they led all season to the Astros.

The playoffs begin and nobody can beat them.

Comment

It won't be a long stay...my only hope right now is they are the Texastan Rangers of the NFL.

The Rangers were cruising most of the summer with the best record in the AL and for a time all of MLB.

Then mid August they went into a tail spin that lasted the rest of the regular season.

On the last day of the season they lost the division they led all season to the Astros.

They have some problems. For the 2nd time in 3 weeks they had a lead with something like 3:35 on the clock and you can see that they are going to lose the game. The same thing happened to IUP this year.

It's possible they could come back to life for the playoffs. They are going to need Devonta Smith, though. Hopefully, it's not a serious injury but it looked like it is.

Comment

• The Reschini House on campus has been torn down. I think it was also (at times) used for the ROTC program.

They also appear to be nearing the demolition of the old admissions office (Pratt?). It's roped off, etc.

Comment

Long seasons are very strange. Ups and downs.

I often wonder if MLB teams just start to get bored by mid-August (and then get rejuvenated mentally as the playoffs get closer - assuming they are still in it).

I think we even see it in PSAC football. Every team seems to have that one dreadful week. IUP's funk lingered most of the season.

Comment

• Finally got to read up on the Millersville imports. Tort really beat out some big-time programs for both of them -- especially Cox.

Comment

Finally got to read up on the Millersville imports. Tort really beat out some big-time programs for both of them -- especially Cox.
                          It's good to see some level of a refresh occurring. Until they step on the field and perform though, I'm just rolling with any new imports being a bunch of nameless, gray faces. I'm not concerned about accolades, past accomplishments, or message board hype. Show us on the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

It's good to see some level of a refresh occurring. Until they step on the field and perform though, I'm just rolling with any new imports being a bunch of nameless, gray faces. I'm not concerned about accolades, past accomplishments, or message board hype. Show us on the field.
                            You realize Cox was a D2 first team All-American this past year at LB?

I'd say he's qualified.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Not so good for Millersville.

Comment

You realize Cox was a D2 first team All-American this past year at LB?

I'd say he's qualified.
                                There were numerous qualified imports last year who we talked about ad nauseum for months. Never materialized. They were good elsewhere. On this team they were 6-5.

Cox was a great player last year, but not at IUP. Be a great player at IUP and help turn 6-5 into a 10-win season. I'm a show me on the field here type of guy. IUP had a lot of problems last year and they have a lot players with a whole lot to prove next year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X