Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You know my opinion. If they have six home games in a season I'd vote for four of them to be on Thursday nights.

​​​​Those are the only good atmospheres in the funeral parlor known as Miller Stadium.

I've long thought D2 should try to take over Thursday night. We will never, ever compete with D1 football for viewers.

The crowds are much more lively, etc. And, God forbid, students even attend.
    It would be hard for any alumni to get there on work days…at least ones who have to travel.

Although I don't know how much more I may drive out to Indiana. I hate long drives..I'd rather take a train or a plane to go anywhere more than 2 hours away.

I'll probably be at the game at Millersville next season. That's about it.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 02-26-2024, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It would be hard for any alumni to get there on work days…at least ones who have to travel.

Although I don't know how much more I may drive out to Indiana. I hate long drives..I'd rather take a train or a plane to go anywhere more than 2 hours away.

I'll probably be at the game at Millersville next season. That's about it.
      They won't let your Learjet land at Jimmy Stewart International?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

They won't let your Learjet land at Jimmy Stewart International?
        No they said only prop planes, crop dusters and Fat Nixon’s POS 757 are only allowed to land there…

Comment

No they said only prop planes, crop dusters and Fat Nixon’s POS 757 are only allowed to land there…
          Speaking of crop dusters, it's going to be interesting if Spirit pulls out of nearby Latrobe (there are rumors).

I'd assume another Spirit-type would move in. It's not exactly luxury but I fly out of Latrobe frequently. So much easier than going to the Yinzerland.

Comment

Speaking of crop dusters, it's going to be interesting if Spirit pulls out of nearby Latrobe (there are rumors).

I'd assume another Spirit-type would move in. It's not exactly luxury but I fly out of Latrobe frequently. So much easier than going to the Yinzerland.
            I’ve had no luck finding anything out of Latrobe (or Johnstown). I fly almost exclusively Delta but on occasion look for something quick to DC. Maybe someday I’ll find a fit because I hear it’s about as easy as it gets considering its size. It gets old having to drive to the other side of Pittsburgh to get to the airport.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I’ve had no luck finding anything out of Latrobe (or Johnstown). I fly almost exclusively Delta but on occasion look for something quick to DC. Maybe someday I’ll find a fit because I hear it’s about as easy as it gets considering its size. It gets old having to drive to the other side of Pittsburgh to get to the airport.
              It's extremely limited for direct flights.

I like Pittsburgh Airport once I'm there (it's usually dead). Getting there is the pain. I'll often leave at like 3am just to get through the city. I'd rather sit at the airport than in traffic.

Comment

The only crop dusters in Indiana are sitting on the home side at Miller in the fall.

Comment

It's extremely limited for direct flights.

I like Pittsburgh Airport once I'm there (it's usually dead). Getting there is the pain. I'll often leave at like 3am just to get through the city. I'd rather sit at the airport than in traffic.
                  I know that early bird trip well. We’ve probably stopped at Homer City Sheetz at the same time to get coffee and then flipped each other off on the Parkway East, LOL.

Comment

• It would have probably suited the Pittsburgh market had the airport been built east of the city…like say Monroeville. But then again the whole area is a pain the butt to traverse thanks to the hills.

Philadelphia International sits where it accessible to most plus you can take a train there too.

Comment

• Tort briefly discussed the decision to add another RB in today's Gazette.

It also said they beat out Ferris State and SRU for the Millersville LB (among others).

Comment

• Does anyone know if the PSAC is having a PRO DAY?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramwizard View Post
                          Does anyone know if the PSAC is having a PRO DAY?
                          Generally, no, the league does not. Individual schools sometimes have a version of one.

Comment

• Tyrone Fowler has received interest from some big P5 programs (including the Florida Gators). As always, interest doesn't always mean offer. Nonetheless.

I do not think he has signed anywhere yet, however. I'd assume he's waiting for the next Portal frenzy (after Spring camp).

Comment

• Totally off topic here but I had some time to kill this afternoon in Chicago. I went in to a sports card store.

I used to be a major collector but this was my first time in an actual card shop in probably 20 years.

Talk about a whole new world. Goodness.

I still collect from time to time but only via eBay, and I don't buy anything after 1987 (with very few exceptions).

I had no idea that a pack of cards these days ranges from $8 to $30. Per pack. Total culture shock.

The cards of my era are nowhere to be found in modern shops.

Comment

Tyrone Fowler has received interest from some big P5 programs (including the Florida Gators). As always, interest doesn't always mean offer. Nonetheless.

I do not think he has signed anywhere yet, however. I'd assume he's waiting for the next Portal frenzy (after Spring camp).
                                I was never that impressed with Fowler. To be fair, he did get injured and I don’t know that he was the same player after that. The season before the injury he really caught my eye but then everything went to hell after that with the injury, awful 2023 season, and eventually crime and punshiment.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X