Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The last (10) games between IUP and SRU are an even split. IUP has won the last two meetings.

From an IUP view, three of these were painful losses (2015, 2018 and 2019). Three losses by a combined (7) points. Tort is 3-2 vs SRU (and 2-1 as the visiting team). The recent trend is when IUP wins this game, it does so fairly comfortably. When IUP loses this game, it's been pretty tight.

-
    YEAR WINNER SCORE VENUE
    2022 IUP 20-12 Indiana
    2021 IUP 48-21 Slippery Rock
    2019 SRU 45-42 Slippery Rock
    2018 SRU 30-27 Indiana
    2017 IUP 34-17 Slippery Rock
    2016 IUP 48-19 Indiana
    2015 SRU 40-39 Slippery Rock
    2014 SRU 31-21 Indiana
    2013 SRU 42-16 Slippery Rock
    2012 IUP 33-16 Indiana
    That 2017 game is very memorable. IUP was losing. Had no momentum. Backed up near their own goal line. Samir Bullock broke a tackle that would've been a safety. Busts off a huge TD run. It was all IUP after.

Comment

• A lot of people spent a ton of time talking about how great this team was going to be, about how nasty they were going to be, etc.

Karst Hunter looks horrible. We were told that he was the most highly sought after transfer on not just the D2 market, but for many FCS schools too.

The offensive line is porous. Multiple people on here said that this was the biggest OL in the region. The most talented OL in the region. I’ll stop.

We were told these transfers were a sure thing. Some of the best import talent in the country. Lol

The defense looks soft and unprepared. They were utterly gashed.

I get that there’s little information in the way of a news cycle for D2 football. What happens kind of happens. Nobody really knows anything. But man there were a ton of mouth pieces for the program who sold everyone a bill of goods (or maybe they were sold a bill of goods). This team is average at best. Hunter isn’t good... And that OL that everyone was drooling over. Holy cow it’s bad.

The coaching staff is pretty horrific too. Outcoached tonight badly. No focus a few weeks ago.

This blew up. And every poster/fan from those other programs on here have every right and reason to eviscerate this thread.
      Last edited by IUP24; 10-01-2023, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
        A lot of people spent a ton of time talking about how great this team was going to be, about how nasty they were going to be, etc.

Karst Hunter looks horrible. We were told that he was the most highly sought after transfer on not just the D2 market, but for many FCS schools too.

The offensive line is porous. Multiple people on here said that this was the biggest OL in the region. The most talented OL in the region. I’ll stop.

We were told these transfers for a sure thing. Some of the best import talent in the country. Lol

I get that there’s little information in the way of a news cycle for D2 football. What happens kind of happens. Nobody really knows anything. But man there were a ton of mouth pieces for the program who sold everyone a bill of goods (or maybe they were sold a bill of goods). This team is average at best. Hunter isn’t good... And that OL that everyone was drooling over. Holy cow it’s bad.

This blew up. And every poster/fan from those other programs on here have every right and reason to eviscerate this thread.
        Your coaching staff stinks, too. Don't leave that out. Tort is lost.

Comment

Your coaching staff stinks, too. Don't leave that out. Tort is lost.
          I edited to include.

But I'm not sure that has anything to do with Karst Hunter throwing a horrific pick in the end zone. Or the OL looking completely useless.

We sold the additions of many individuals who simply aren't very good.

Comment

I edited to include.

But I'm not sure that has anything to do with Karst Hunter throwing a horrific pick in the end zone. Or the OL looking completely useless.

We sold the additions of many individuals who simply aren't very good.
            Yeah but they were before they got here. What's that tell you?

Comment

Yeah but they were before they got here. What's that tell you?
              There were people saying Karst Hunter couldn’t play QB at a high level before the season started. I didn’t “watch the tape†to formulate that opinion. But those in that minority were spot on.

We can cut this up multiple ways. Bottom line is they just aren’t very good.

Comment

There were people saying Karst Hunter couldn’t play QB at a high level before the season started. I didn’t “watch the tape†to formulate that opinion. But those in that minority were spot on.

We can cut this up multiple ways. Bottom line is they just aren’t very good.
                Tort is undefeated against Mercyhurst, Clarion and Seton Hill. Everything is fine. Have you seen his overall record?

Comment

A lot of people spent a ton of time talking about how great this team was going to be, about how nasty they were going to be, etc.

We were told these transfers for a sure thing. Some of the best import talent in the country. Lol

The coaching staff is pretty horrific too. Outcoached tonight badly. No focus a few weeks ago.

Yes, it is...just absolutely horrible ! It starts with them.

Comment

Tort is undefeated against Mercyhurst, Clarion and Seton Hill. Everything is fine. Have you seen his overall record?
                    Not once did I ever say that anything was fine. This team isn’t that great. And I’m well aware of Tort’s issues as a coach.

Hey, there’s a lot of big donors on this board. And if the people aren’t big donors, they know people in town with major pull. All those people helped create the cash flow to bring in some of these players who aren’t performing. If it’s the players, that’s one conversation. If it’s the coach, then those powerful people should stop donating until there’s a change. Bottom line.

This team was supposed to be regional champion or bust. They aren’t even close. There are problems everywhere. Is the head coach an area that needs addressed? I’ve seen enough to say that it probably does at this point, yeah.

Comment

Not once did I ever say that anything was fine. This team isn’t that great. And I’m well aware of Tort’s issues as a coach.

Hey, there’s a lot of big donors on this board. And if the people aren’t big donors, they know people in town with major pull. All those people helped create the cash flow to bring in some of these players who aren’t performing. If it’s the players, that’s one conversation. If it’s the coach, then those powerful people should stop donating until there’s a change. Bottom line.

This team was supposed to be regional champion or bust. They aren’t even close. There are problems everywhere.
                      Pretty much sounds like the same situation at West Liberty....if you ask me.

Comment

Well, the past two years IUP has gone in to this game hearing about how great SRU supposedly was ... we saw how those games ended.

Lot of green Kool-Aid being chugged on these boards. Let's keep in mind SRU's best win so far is against Millersville. Solid team but not likely a playoff contender. SRU's opponents have a combined 7-9 record. Only Millersville is above .500. The West Chester win looked good at the time, but, the Rams aren't very good.

SRU is a good team. No doubt about it. But, let's see how they respond when the team across from them can punch back, has the same depth, size, speed, etc. IUP will be -- by far -- the best defense SRU will have faced this season.

IUP isn't going up there to lose. I can promise you that much.

The Rock may win and turn out to be very strong. However, Tort and the Timeout Slingers are standing in their way. I know IUP is actually one of the few (if any) teams that actually enjoys going up there. They seem to really rise up in the hostile environment, etc. This is also (by a mile) the biggest road crowd IUP takes all season. The big crowd certainly played a part two years ago up there when IUP blasted them.

Just think, if the math team on the sidelines could count to three, ... this game would probably have a much different outlook right now.
                        Big Indian, a lot has changed since you made the above post.

Comment

• More than being disappointed or mad, mostly I am shocked by the SRU/IUP game. I don't even know what happened. IUP has a very good defense but they didn't look too good against SRU's balanced attack. The SRU offense dominated.

I hate to compare players from different teams but one thing Sexton could do last year was run the offense. He could take charge of the game. Needless to say, Hunter isn't exactly doing that. It was good to see Stewart running the ball effectively.

I am naturally optimistic and always look ahead. Hopefully, nobody quits. I think IUP can beat Cal next week. Today was SRU's day and it wasn't IUP's day.

P.S. Karst can run with the ball pretty well.

Comment

It’s why I don’t talk poo.

You never know what you really got until thry actually perform together.

They’ll be lucky to go 8-3.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                              More than being disappointed or mad, mostly I am shocked by the SRU/IUP game. I don't even know what happened. IUP has a very good defense but they didn't look too good against SRU's balanced attack. The SRU offense dominated.

I hate to compare players from different teams but one thing Sexton could do last year was run the offense. He could take charge of the game. Needless to say, Hunter isn't exactly doing that. It was good to see Stewart running the ball effectively.

I am naturally optimistic and always look ahead. Hopefully, nobody quits. I think IUP can beat Cal next week. Today was SRU's day and it wasn't IUP's day.

P.S. Karst can run with the ball pretty well.
                              Nobody has posted there was helmet throwing on the sidelines like in past bad seasons. They did out score them once it was out of hand at 28-0 which means they kept playing even if Mini Me let up off the accelerator, most likely going against the order from above in the Evil Lair to run it up.

The fact most of Slimey line has been together a few years is a big difference especially at this level.

This year evil triumphed over good. It’s why there is no God. :-)

Comment

• No way the Tort fan club can duck this disaster of a season!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X